Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Well played the North West (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/well-played-the-north-west-57679.html)

Mancie 30-04-2011 19:36

Well played the North West

Well played merits must go to Accy Stanley and fingers crossed in the play-offs... unlucky Burnley at Leeds but maybe next season..Preston not a good season.. looks like Rovers have pulled one out the hat and yet again make up the numbers in the Prem next season...(speaking of Rovers.. not sure how Sabden or Chorley got on)
I feel sure that most right thinking North-West footy fans will cheering on Man UTD for the Premiership and in the Champions League Cup Final..:)

Royboy39 30-04-2011 22:22

Re: Well played the North West

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 902278)
Well played merits must go to Accy Stanley and fingers crossed in the play-offs... unlucky Burnley at Leeds but maybe next season..Preston not a good season.. looks like Rovers have pulled one out the hat and yet again make up the numbers in the Prem next season...(speaking of Rovers.. not sure how Sabden or Chorley got on)
I feel sure that most right thinking North-West footy fans will cheering on Man UTD for the Premiership and in the Champions League Cup Final..:)

I am looking at the phrase following that post "WE ARE UNITED...WHAT DO WE WANT".
If I was to answer that I would probably banned from Accyweb for life.
Sorry but Barcelona for me and if Rovers beat Man U I think it might wipe the smile of your face:p

Mancie 30-04-2011 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 902374)
I am looking at the phrase following that post "WE ARE UNITED...WHAT DO WE WANT".
If I was to answer that I would probably banned from Accyweb for life.
Sorry but Barcelona for me and if Rovers beat Man U I think it might wipe the smile of your face:p

Well there you go.. a north-west lad that would rather see spainards win the CL over a local lancs team.. I tell you Roy back in 1688 with the spainish armada and all the least of your worries would be barred from Accyweb..you would have got yer head chopped off, and rightly so.

T'was a draw at Ewood same time last season and always the chance Rovers can beat United at home... I ain't smiling yet.. United supporters have more respect for the opposition than you heathens imagine.. ;)

jaysay 01-05-2011 09:38

Well to me yesterday was a perfect day, Rovers won for a change, Stanley sealed a place in the play offs, the Dingles were put out of their misery, and Chelski cut the Plastics lead to three points, an Arsenal win today would make it a near perfect weekend especially if City & Birmingham win too:)

DaveinGermany 01-05-2011 16:07

Quote:

Gawd bless yer Guv'ner ! You don't really expect that to happen do you Mancie Mate ? :) I think the Chorus say it all. ;)

YouTube - Temptations - Just My Imagination

Wynonie Harris 01-05-2011 17:21

Quote:

Dream on, Mancie, lad, dream on. However, if you substitute the words Stanley for Man Utd and play-offs for premiership, you may well be nearer the mark! :D

jaysay 01-05-2011 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 902600)
Dream on, Mancie, lad, dream on. However, if you substitute the words Stanley for Man Utd and play-offs for premiership, you may well be nearer the mark! :D

Well seeing the only time I know what the plastic Manc says on here now in quoted posts, not a chance of of supporting that bunch of !!!!!!!!!!!;)

cashman 01-05-2011 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 902432)
Well to me yesterday was a perfect day, Rovers won for a change, Stanley sealed a place in the play offs, the Dingles were put out of their misery, and Chelski cut the Plastics lead to three points, an Arsenal win today would make it a near perfect weekend especially if City & Birmingham win too:)

well reckon this afternoon makes it perfect.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: still Absence makes the heart grow fonder.:D

Royboy39 01-05-2011 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 902675)
well reckon this afternoon makes it perfect.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: still Absence makes the heart grow fonder.:D

I think Man U should have had a penalty...............life's a pig init:dflam::dancedog:

cashman 01-05-2011 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 902680)
I think Man U should have had a penalty...............life's a pig init:dflam::dancedog:

Dunno Roy i don't watch em, i'm a football fan.:D

Royboy39 01-05-2011 23:16

Be nice Mancie or you might have an attack by mockers on you.
I bet you wish you sold chewing gum or hairdryers, not forgetting toilet rolls at this moment in time?

cashman 01-05-2011 23:29

where are these "Plastics" tonight? hope they aint unwell.:D

ossy kid 02-05-2011 04:43

United didn't play well enough to win today, makes for an interesting last few games though. I guess I qualify as a "plastic manc" what ever that is? They've been my number two team {after Stanley** since the mid 50s but only seen them live twice in all those years. The first time was at Wembley in the 1968 European final and the second time a couple of years ago against Celtic in Seattle. Beats me how an Englishman can be so biased, to wish us loosing to a load of foreigners, I have no problem cheering all British teams in Europe. Maybe it was a bit tongue in cheek, it,s difficult to read sometimes from so far away. Anyway, come on you reds. {Both lots**

lancsdave 02-05-2011 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 902706)
Beats me how an Englishman can be so biased, to wish us loosing to a load of foreigners,

There's quite a bit of irony in that statement :D

jaysay 02-05-2011 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 902720)
There's quite a bit of irony in that statement :D

Probably its a bit to ironic for a plastic Manc Dave;)