Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/liverpool-the-road-to-the-title-2011-a-58829.html)

Mancie 08-08-2011 04:27

Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Yes I'm afriad it's that time of year again (yawn).. King Kenny and "Stevie G" have proclaimed that this is the season they will win the Prem title.. so let us brace ourselves against the sheer might and power of the scousers!
I'll have Man UTD to win it.. City second..Chelsea third ..Villa, Spurs and Pool to scrounge for the scraps ... nowt new really :D

Barrie Yates 08-08-2011 08:59

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 924304)
Yes I'm afriad it's that time of year again (yawn).. King Kenny and "Stevie G" have proclaimed that this is the season they will win the Prem title.. so let us brace ourselves against the sheer might and power of the scousers!
I'll have Man UTD to win it.. City second..Chelsea third ..Villa, Spurs and Pool to scrounge for the scraps ... nowt new really :D

I think it is going to be a difficult year for us - deciding what trophies we are really going for and who is going to really challenge us?
We gave the Noisy Neighbours a 2 goal start, totally outplayed them throughout the match, 1st half possesion was over 60% to La Creme (never seen stats like that before), we must have been lucky:D
Very impressed with the escapee from the chicken farm - and the average age of the second half team was only just over 22;)
So bring it on, let us see a real challenge from Chelsea, Arsenal, NN and especially Rovers whose manager is intent on a European place this season - or so he dreams:D:D:tongueout

DaveinGermany 08-08-2011 19:18

I do admire your confidence & disdain in equal measures Lads, all I can say is, let the games begin & we'll see what we see, won't we. ;) :)

cashman 08-08-2011 22:28

Disdain..............thats a good word fer Plastics.:D

Barrie Yates 09-08-2011 17:25

What are the odds for Liverpool winning the title & Rovers getting relegated? Six sports writer's forecasts today all put Rovers in the relegation 3. Might be worth £10 on a double for United to win and Rovers to go down

Barrie Yates 09-08-2011 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 924607)
Disdain..............thats a good word fer Plastics.:D

How about some comment on football instead of extracting the urine from a poor scouse lad :D:D:D

Barrie Yates 15-08-2011 13:00

What a terrible weekend - only winning 2-1. Obviously a worse weekend for many others - don't know about Plastic Mancs now that Rovers have got a plastic worktop playing for them along with a Bon Prick. The Scousers need to point out to the players that the ball needs to go under the bar from a spot kick;):D:D

Alan Varrechia 15-08-2011 21:42

Well a nice start for City. :D:D And a cracking debut for sergio aguero.
Best be looking over your shoulder Mancie!!!:D:D:D

Mancie 16-08-2011 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 926870)
Well a nice start for City. :D:D And a cracking debut for sergio aguero.
Best be looking over your shoulder Mancie!!!:D:D:D

Not me .. more like De Gea lookin over his shoulder :D..calm down mate this was Swansea!

Barrie Yates 24-08-2011 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 926934)
Not me .. more like De Gea lookin over his shoulder :D..calm down mate this was Swansea!

He didn't do bad on Monday, but of course neither did the rest of the team - a clean sheet from a team with an average age in the low 20s.
Very quiet from the other supporters on here, but then again they don't have anything to shout about, perhaps Rovers can manage a win tonight over a lowly Owls. That may bring Jay out of hibernation :rolleyes:;):tongueout

gynn 26-08-2011 11:45

Why is this thread called road to the title 2011? Is it because Liverpool have as much chance of winning a trophy they've already lost as winning a trophy yet to be won?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

cashman 26-08-2011 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 929056)
Why is this thread called road to the title 2011? Is it because Liverpool have as much chance of winning a trophy they've already lost as winning a trophy yet to be won?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its called "Sarcasm" gynn, yeh will get there one day.:D;)

DaveinGermany 26-08-2011 18:09

It's the perennial chance for those Manky U types to have a gloat & a dig at all the other supporters of premier league clubs, it's okay & it's our way of letting the Mankies indulge in their little foibles. ;) :D

Mancie 26-08-2011 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929152)
It's the perennial chance for those Manky U types to have a gloat & a dig at all the other supporters of premier league clubs, it's okay & it's our way of letting the Mankies indulge in their little foibles. ;) :D

Trust a Pool scouser to bring foibles into the argument..are you saying you have bigger foibles or smaller foibles than United fans?...I've only once visited Liverpool and the thing that struck me was the constant talk of "foibles" in pubs and every street corner... "foibles this and foibles that" ..why are scousers so obsessed with foibles? :confused::)

Royboy39 26-08-2011 18:44

Hey Chirpy....................why not watch a proper team..................................Tonight at 1945 on ITV 4?