Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Football Betting Mugs Game ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/football-betting-mugs-game-60964.html)

stetrovers 12-03-2012 19:55

Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Just before Christmas I had a few football bets, Man Utd to beat Rovers £42 @ 1/7 which would have been a mighty £6 return.A few days before that I lost £20 backing Liverpool to beat Rovers at Anfield, 1-1 was the score. I even had £100 on Celtic @ 1/5 to win at home to St Johnstone, somehow St Johnstone won 1-0 !!!
So at the beginning of 2012 I was £160 down on my bets.
Since then I have had 15 consecutive wins on single bets.
My losses are down to £81 and i'm on my way to beating the bookmakers.
Keep in touch on this thread to see me get back into positive equity.

Betting singles is the way to beat the Bookies.
You might be surprised that I backed against my own team, but betting should have no sentiment, and you should only bet on things you know about.

Lets have some feed back.

I will post a team to win when I see one, this midweek I will leave alone.
I do fancy Arsenal to beat Newcastle tonight.

cashman 12-03-2012 21:32

Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stetrovers (Post 977309)

Betting singles is the way to beat the Bookies.
You might be surprised that I backed against my own team, but betting should have no sentiment, and you should only bet on things you know about.

Lets have some feed back.

I will post a team to win when I see one, this midweek I will leave alone.
I do fancy Arsenal to beat Newcastle tonight.

Not betting at all is the only way to beat the Bookies mate, as i learnt to me cost late 70s,;) I just have very occasional bet wi fixed odds coupons now, apart from odd uns wi mates,wish yeh luck in yer ventures, but only 1 winner long term.;)

jaysay 13-03-2012 09:20

Ya never see a poor bookie, a fool and his money are soon parted, and bookies love fools

yerself 13-03-2012 10:44

Betting singles is the way to lose. When I have the occasional bet I usually do a lucky 31 or a lucky 63, this way if only one of your teams wins at least you get something back.

Lucky 31
A lucky 31 consists of 31 bets involving 5 selections in different events, 5 singles, 10 doubles, 10 trebles and 5 four-folds and 1 five-fold. Any one winning selection guarantees a return.

Lucky 63
A lucky 63 consists of 63 bets involving 6 selections in different events, 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, 6 five-folds and 1 six-fold. Any one winning selection guarantees a return.

jaysay 13-03-2012 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 977462)
Betting singles is the way to lose. When I have the occasional bet I usually do a lucky 31 or a lucky 63, this way if only one of your teams wins at least you get something back.

Lucky 31
A lucky 31 consists of 31 bets involving 5 selections in different events, 5 singles, 10 doubles, 10 trebles and 5 four-folds and 1 five-fold. Any one winning selection guarantees a return.

Lucky 63
A lucky 63 consists of 63 bets involving 6 selections in different events, 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, 6 five-folds and 1 six-fold. Any one winning selection guarantees a return.

I have to say that's the only way I've ever placed a bet yerself, not like your way though, the last time I had a bet was on holiday In Great Yarmouth about 20 years ago, this bloke we met on the coach said he liked a bet when on holiday, so I joined in, we both did a Canadian, I think it was called 6 horse all to win doubles trebles etc. we had a good night that night I had 5 winners the other chap had 4 drew about £180 each, think the original stake was about £2-60p or something like that, I quite while I was winning never bet since

stetrovers 13-03-2012 20:56

when i wrote betting single's i actually meant just backing one team and one team only. Im going to win my money back gradually, maybe a fiver at a time, there will of coarse be the occasional loss. I keep a record of all of my bets. I only bet amounts that i can afford too.

heth 14-03-2012 08:34

I bet on the footie, the amount of times I have been just "one off" is unreal!!

I dont bet big amounts just a couple of quid on prob 3 different accum's but its a bit of fun.

This week I am betting on the gee gee's at Cheltenham, again not much money and I am backing em each way. :D

jaysay 14-03-2012 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by stetrovers (Post 977594)
when i wrote betting single's i actually meant just backing one team and one team only. Im going to win my money back gradually, maybe a fiver at a time, there will of coarse be the occasional loss. I keep a record of all of my bets. I only bet amounts that i can afford too.

Your not trying to tell us you actually beat the bookie are you, you will probably be the first;)

stetrovers 14-03-2012 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 977665)
Your not trying to tell us you actually beat the bookie are you, you will probably be the first;)

If i stick to backing just 1 team at a time, i don't see why i can't beat 'em. Backing 'bankers' i will do it, i've won 15 consecutive bets, backing just 1 team to win.
On Friday i will let you all know who i am backing, and how much i am putting on.
Most people who go into the bookies are not disciplined enough, or 'reach too far'. Bookies just love these type's and they are the one's who make them rich.
Once i have a decent 'pot' of winnings i will put 10% of that onto my bet, and my winnings will grow gradually, as they are this year.

carpon 15-03-2012 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by stetrovers (Post 977791)
Backing 'bankers' i will do it, i've won 15 consecutive bets, backing just 1 team to win.

The trouble with backing "bankers" is that you've got to stake a fair amount for a very minor fractional return. If your "banker" fails, then you've lost a large stake...

To give you an example, years ago...I used to work with a lad who stuck large sums ( and I'm talking thousands ) on such bankers....Mainly the big teams.....Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal but he always lumped on Rangers & Celtic in a big way !!! Fair enough, his "bankers" won quite regularly, but when they came unstuck he ended up losing big time....

I never forgot one morning after a Rangers game....He'd staked £7k @ 1/7 on just to win £1k....Rangers were winning 1-0 up until injury time and then wallop....the opposition equalized !!!:eek:

He had a face like a bulldog sucking on a wasp after that one !!!:o

And talking of bankers....whilst watching Cheltenham this week, I heard in commentary that somebody on the racecourse had staked £130k on Hurricane Fly @ 8/13 to win the Champion Hurdle to win an extra £80k....I'll bet whoever placed that bet felt a bit of a "banker" after that race:rolleyes:

jaysay 15-03-2012 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 977843)
The trouble with backing "bankers" is that you've got to stake a fair amount for a very minor fractional return. If your "banker" fails, then you've lost a large stake...

To give you an example, years ago...I used to work with a lad who stuck large sums ( and I'm talking thousands ) on such bankers....Mainly the big teams.....Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal but he always lumped on Rangers & Celtic in a big way !!! Fair enough, his "bankers" won quite regularly, but when they came unstuck he ended up losing big time....

I never forgot one morning after a Rangers game....He'd staked £7k @ 1/7 on just to win £1k....Rangers were winning 1-0 up until injury time and then wallop....the opposition equalized !!!:eek:

And talking of bankers....whilst watching Cheltenham this week, I heard in commentary that somebody on the racecourse had staked £130k on Hurricane Fly @ 8/13 to win the Champion Hurdle to win an extra £80k....I'll bet whoever placed that bet felt a bit of a "banker" after that race:rolleyes:

I'll tell you what carpon your spelling is as bad as mine:D:D

stetrovers 15-03-2012 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 977843)

You don't have to retrieve your losses straight away, i'm being very disciplined. Large sums don't need to be staked.i've just had a fiver on Man City tonight, priced at 1/4. They came back from 2-0 to sneak a 3-2 win £1.25 winnings, slowly but surely, that's 16 consecutive wins now on singles. I'm down to 5 teams to choose from for the weekend, it'll probably be Tottenham to beat Bolton in the F.A.cup. Will study coupon tomorrow in my dinner break.
Backing 1 match gives you a 1 in 3 chance of winning. backing 2 games is a 1 in 9 chance and so on.
Went to bookies tonight to put my Man City bet on and came out with a profit before i left the shop.

stetrovers 15-03-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 977665)

Jaysay, i am make a profit, the amounts i win will not worry the bookies, but they boost my income. It's a slow process. By starting this thread it has helped me think through my strategy. Had a eureka moment at work today, tried it at bookies tonight and won a small amount. Not saying what it was, but it was an even money bet...:hothothot

jaysay 16-03-2012 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by stetrovers (Post 978120)
Jaysay, i am make a profit, the amounts i win will not worry the bookies, but they boost my income. It's a slow process. By starting this thread it has helped me think through my strategy. Had a eureka moment at work today, tried it at bookies tonight and won a small amount. Not saying what it was, but it was an even money bet...:hothothot

I can remember not too long ago when a certain team in Manchester were, I think 25 to 1 on to win an home match, the longest odds in premierleague history, oooops:D

stetrovers 16-03-2012 20:40

My moneys on Tottenham to beat Bolton, lets see how it goes...