Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Boeing Guy 01-10-2013 11:27

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

As much as I do not want to do a cmon copy and paste (the article is here:Glazers ready to back David Moyes with major funds during the January transfer window to save season for Manchester United - Premier League - Football - The Independent), I could not help it this time.

Glazers ready to back David Moyes with major funds during the January transfer window to save season for Manchester United

The Glazer family are ready to invest substantially to reshape David Moyes’ Manchester United squad in recognition of the new manager’s claim that he has inherited a club short of world-class players.

The club’s owners the Glazers acknowledge that the Premier League may be far more competitive this season, despite the indifferent starts that Chelsea and Manchester City have again experienced, and that it may take time and patience, as well as investment, to see the club through the managerial succession. Only now is it becoming apparent quite how significant the guiding hand of Moyes’ predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson actually was, in making an average squad look powerful.

United have already seen – and welcome – Moyes’ characteristic reluctance to make impulsive spending decisions and the problem in January may be the high prices they are quoted. They found Everton’s chairman, Bill Kenwright, unwilling to sell Leighton Baines at any price this summer and though the Merseyside club’s coach, Alan Stubbs, has confirmed that Baines did ask to leave for Old Trafford, United would have to make an unrefusable offer.

Moyes brings his squad out here to eastern Ukraine for potentially their toughest game in their Champions League qualifying group at Shakhtar Donetsk tomorrow, having offered a far more negative assessment of their chances of success in the tournament than Ferguson ever did. After Moyes delivered several brutally honest assessments of the resources at his disposal, consideration must now be given to the effect of that strategy on the players’ morale.

Well I have highlighted the important bits and edited some of it out, so did Moyes really inherit a ageing average squad? The same squad that walked the league last year? I would be interested to hear a Mancs view.

Shakhtar Donetsk are no easy side, a loss there will heap even more pressure on him.

How do the player react to the fact their manager feels they 'are not up to it'?

It seems at the moment the owners have given Moyes their backing and intend to weather the storm, it could be a long one. i for one hope they give him the full 6 years, after all he managed with Everton he seems to be doing the same here.:D

cashman 01-10-2013 11:48

I honestly think owd red nose knew exactly what he was doing when he quit!! The scum last season were far off being as good as previous scum sides, plus ageing was a big factor in the side. Only thing i aint sure of, is did he deliberately set Moyes up,to make himself look even greater?

Barrie Yates 01-10-2013 13:54

How the hell am I supposed to convalesce when my team appears to be going into meltdown. Other than beating the scousers – and that was probably done as a favour so that they can try and concentrate on the League – did note that the Scouse Ladies did win something even though the suggestion was made that they bought it.

Why Moyes changed his team around after doing the scousers, who knows. I thought the idea of Jones and Carrick together was good as with the back four – Buttner needs a bit more experience though. I do concede that certain players are not good enough for La Crème – Nani, Ferdinand, Evra, Anderson, Young and possibly Valencia if he doesn’t start doing again what he does best. Kagawa has a way to go to adjust to the demands of the PL and perhaps the worst thing of all is Vidic, he appears to have lost that domination of the box.

And so to this week, SD away – that can be utter humiliation and then another pitfall lying in wait at Sunderland.

Ah well, time will tell – watch this space.

Thanks to all for the personal good wishes - getting there thanks but maybe another couple of weeks before back to normal - let the jousting continue.

cashman 01-10-2013 14:44

Have just heard Moyes is after changing Man Uniteds name to Port Talbot!!! cos hes got em now between Cardiff @ Swansea.:D:D

Eric 04-10-2013 15:08

At last ... Hockey season is under way:dancedog: Now I can ignore the EPL soap opera:alright: Time to watch a real man's game played by men (and women) ... when a player is lying injured, and not moving, on the ice, you can be sure he has been knocked unconscious, and is not just lying there, thinking of his ongoing contract negotiations and how much he would rather be playing in Spain:rolleyes:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ

Good refereeing, eh.:D

Boeing Guy 05-10-2013 15:58

3-1 back at the top.
Smug Mode....:D
smug mode - YouTube

Eric 05-10-2013 18:15

I don't really have any strong likes or dislikes in the EPL; but, if I were a betting man, I would drop a few bucks on Arsenal.:dancedog:

jaysay 06-10-2013 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1078268)
I don't really have any strong likes or dislikes in the EPL; but, if I were a betting man, I would drop a few bucks on Arsenal.:dancedog:

Of all the teams in the Prem I think Arsenal, on their day, are by far the best team to watch, football wise, they play the game how it should be played, unfortunately its not every match

Barrie Yates 07-10-2013 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1078341)
Of all the teams in the Prem I think Arsenal, on their day, are by far the best team to watch, football wise, they play the game how it should be played, unfortunately its not every match

Welcome back Jay:alright:

Barrie Yates 07-10-2013 17:35

A better week for La Crème – a draw against SD where no English team has succeeded before and a scrappy match yesterday but a win is a win and 3 points, so maybe that is the turning point for us;) After all, we are only 6 points behind the scousers which is nothing (are they lining up for KD to take over when they sack Rodgers? Must admit it seems strange to sack a manager and then appoint him as a Director):confused:
The Deadwoods were on a flyer, have they now gone into meltdown? Scoring for the opposition and a player sent off for violent conduct – wonder if any bets were made? It must be galling to see Burnley way ahead sitting on top of the division with almost double the points – and the likelihood that Rhodes will be snapped up by a better run club come January, where will that leave them? VFC probably intend to turn Deadwood Park into a chicken farm:p
Stanley need to turn something around pretty quickly – pathetic defence on Friday, defenders allowing the opposition to virtually stroll past them, when are they going to wake up?:(

Boeing Guy 07-10-2013 19:35

Welcome back Barrie,
The Moysiah is at his favorite place, mid table....
I would have expected the team of champions to have beaten the bottom team by more than 1, after all we did it by 2 the week before.

As far as bringing Kenny back into the fold, just righting a wrong, after all the Mancs kept hold of SAF.
Bring on the nexr game

Barrie Yates 09-10-2013 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1078631)
Welcome back Barrie,
The Moysiah is at his favorite place, mid table....
I would have expected the team of champions to have beaten the bottom team by more than 1, after all we did it by 2 the week before.

As far as bringing Kenny back into the fold, just righting a wrong, after all the Mancs kept hold of SAF.
Bring on the nexr game

Yes, SAF is a Director now that he is retired as the Manager - he never walked away from the club, nor did he get sacked by them, unlike KK - giving the scousers a 6 point start is easy (I hope):D

Boeing Guy 09-10-2013 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1078842)
Yes, SAF is a Director now that he is retired as the Manager - he never walked away from the club, nor did he get sacked by them, unlike KK - giving the scousers a 6 point start is easy (I hope):D

touche.

Found this on Red Cafe (Manc U Forum)

Quote:

In 1988 Liverpool won the league by 9 points.
In 1989 Liverpool had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 1990 Liverpool strolled to yet another league title.

In 2011 Manchester United won the league by 9 points.
In 2012 Manchester United had the title snatched from their grasp by a last minute goal.
In 2013 Manchester United strolled to yet another league title.

Liverpool's demise came about when they replaced their successful Scottish manager with another Scottish manager.

Manchester United have recently replaced their successful Scottish manager with another Scottish manager.

Scary stuff eh ?

Barrie Yates 20-10-2013 10:33

Not quite as crap a weekend as recent ones have been - better than getting beaten. The scousers didn't do any better and they were playing against 10 men - a couple of bad decisions by the officials, perhaps they were invited to the Welcome Back KK extravaganza.
Better for Stanley too, let us hope they can kick on from here.
And the deadwoods? well, only a question of time before they started to play at their normal level, but at last they seem to be achieving their objective. Worst of all for them is that Burnley have almost twice the number of points and are top of the league

Eric 20-10-2013 14:36

And Moyes said: "We have to do better.":eek:

And how much is he getting paid to come up with such a succinct, incisive analysis:rolleyes: