Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Boeing Guy 20-10-2013 15:06

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1080412)
Not quite as crap a weekend as recent ones have been - better than getting beaten. The scousers didn't do any better and they were playing against 10 men - a couple of bad decisions by the officials, perhaps they were invited to the Welcome Back KK extravaganza.
Better for Stanley too, let us hope they can kick on from here.
And the deadwoods? well, only a question of time before they started to play at their normal level, but at last they seem to be achieving their objective. Worst of all for them is that Burnley have almost twice the number of points and are top of the league

Nice to see you have not lost faith Barrie, yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, i do believe in David Moyes, as long as the board carry on believeing then things should work out quite nice, well for us anyway.:D

Barrie Yates 21-10-2013 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1080446)
Nice to see you have not lost faith Barrie, yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, i do believe in David Moyes, as long as the board carry on believeing then things should work out quite nice, well for us anyway.:D

Long way to go yet, all he needs to do is let Foolani go out on loan to someone like the deadwoods:p:D

Boeing Guy 23-10-2013 20:47

Tough night for 'la Creme' at home, tough side to beat. I mean imagine the opposition scoring a Own Goal in the first two minutes, then you have to slog it out till the last minute.
Pure league winning stuff.

David Moyes, The Chosen One.:D

Barrie Yates 24-10-2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1080860)
Tough night for 'la Creme' at home, tough side to beat. I mean imagine the opposition scoring a Own Goal in the first two minutes, then you have to slog it out till the last minute.
Pure league winning stuff.

David Moyes, The Chosen One.:D

Still unbeaten in the CL this season - of course, silly me, you lot have forgotten what the CL is as it is so long since you were in it:p:D

Boeing Guy 25-10-2013 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1080954)
Still unbeaten in the CL this season - of course, silly me, you lot have forgotten what the CL is as it is so long since you were in it:p:D

Fair enough, but that is your legacy, passed down from old red nose.
But of course we all know David Moyes keeps proving you don't have to win to be a winner:cool:
Who knows you might make it into the semi final.

Tough weekend for you this weekend Stoke at Old Trafford.

Keep the faith Barrie, all non Man U fans are counting on you, David ' The Chosen One' needs time to give United the same knowledge he gave to Everton.

Every day I wake up and remember David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United, then I know it is going to be a good day.:D

Barrie Yates 25-10-2013 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1080969)
Fair enough, but that is your legacy, passed down from old red nose.
But of course we all know David Moyes keeps proving you don't have to win to be a winner:cool:
Who knows you might make it into the semi final.

Tough weekend for you this weekend Stoke at Old Trafford.

Keep the faith Barrie, all non Man U fans are counting on you, David ' The Chosen One' needs time to give United the same knowledge he gave to Everton.

Every day I wake up and remember David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United, then I know it is going to be a good day.:D

Better than waking up and finding that the scousers have once again consistently failed to maintain the extremely low standards that they have set themselves:rolleyes::D

Boeing Guy 25-10-2013 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1080977)
Better than waking up and finding that the scousers have once again consistently failed to maintain the extremely low standards that they have set themselves:rolleyes::D

Oooh since the start of this season Man U have won 3, lost 3 and drawn 2.
While we have only won 5, drawn 2 and lost 1.
I can only hope our low standards keep going:D:D:rolleyes:

Keep believing in David Moyes, I am sure the side that walked the Premiership last year will be able to finish 4th in a league, maybe their CL group?

Interestingly I just found this:
http://vvcap.net/db/TY_K6N3eu_8xKF9h1U43.png

Boeing Guy 25-10-2013 10:57

As much as I don't like doing Cmon style postings, this is a good read of Man U under David Moyes, so far.
Where has it gone wrong for Manchester United and David Moyes? | Football | theguardian.com

I particularly like the last comment
Quote:

By no measure is the current United squad one of the club's finest, but the fact remains that it secured last season's title before the end of April and contains a goodly number of players still improving. Consequently, Moyes's lack of respect for its credentials served only to suggest his own shortcomings, because ultimately, there are only three differences between this season's United and last: a player signed by David Moyes, men employed by David Moyes and David Moyes

DAV007 25-10-2013 18:15

Moyes is playing Fellaini in the players preferred defensive midfield role.
However, he is also playing Carrick alongside him which leaves a lack of central midfielders breaking forward into the box.
Moyes didn't have the same tactic at Everton, he always had a holding midfielder but he also encouraged the other 2 central midfielders (Everton 95% of the time played 4-5-1) to get forward in support.
At Everton, Fellaini was used far more as an attacking central midfielder, similar to the way Tim Cahill was used by Moyes, filling the space behind the striker and acting as a target man.
But this is not his preferred position, and while he is effective as a supporting midfielder, he is best IMO in a box to box player.

I cant believe Kagawa has not been used more.

DAV007 25-10-2013 18:20

And as I have stated previously, you wont win a thing under Moyes (fergies charity shield not included).

Barrie Yates 26-10-2013 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1081021)
Moyes is playing Fellaini in the players preferred defensive midfield role.
However, he is also playing Carrick alongside him which leaves a lack of central midfielders breaking forward into the box.
Moyes didn't have the same tactic at Everton, he always had a holding midfielder but he also encouraged the other 2 central midfielders (Everton 95% of the time played 4-5-1) to get forward in support.
At Everton, Fellaini was used far more as an attacking central midfielder, similar to the way Tim Cahill was used by Moyes, filling the space behind the striker and acting as a target man.
But this is not his preferred position, and while he is effective as a supporting midfielder, he is best IMO in a box to box player.

I cant believe Kagawa has not been used more.

Fellaini was a big player in a mediocre team - he has a lot to learn yet about fulfilling the same role at United - only time will tell whether he can
raise his game to fit into the United role. Kagawa shows promise but still has a way to go - perhaps he needs the match fitness.
Moyes still has a way to go in determining his best team and formation. We have been this many points, and more, behind but have still triumphed at the end of the season:alright:

Boeing Guy 26-10-2013 16:11

Quite a nail biting afternoon, I seriously thought that a team who likely to be relagated were going to steal a easy win at the Manc's. Thankfully they managed to turn it into a win, to be fair though, Stoke have only managed to beat Crystal Palace and West Ham in the league this season, hardly title winning teams. Phew I thought that maybe the Moysiah was in danger of losing his job before Christmas, if he can keep these standards we should have at least a season for him to help transfom Man U into the new Everton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1080977)

Glad to see the lads kept to their low standards Barrie, we are only 6 places higher than you:rolleyes:
Good to see Stanley getting a win and Blackburn salvaged a point as well, so a good weekend all round.

DaveinGermany 26-10-2013 17:36

See Moysie pulled it round for the Manky U's today, still up to half time I assume he was having a severe case of "hoopitis". :D

Eric 26-10-2013 17:41

Watched the Utd. game today ... this is the kind of coming from behind that they need ... not a great fan (not even a little one); but I did get the sense that folks were writing them off too soon. Maybe at last the EPL is becoming more like major league baseball in that any team can beat any other team ... once that is established it all boils down to heart, guts, and history ... along with a slight edge in skill. With their world class goal tending, talented youngsters, and quality veterans they will be in there at the end of the season. I think today might be the turning point. They got off to a lousy start this season, but this game could be the end of the beginning (thanks, Winnie:D).

Eric 26-10-2013 17:49

Oh, and I think Nani should be packing his bags.