Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Barrie Yates 04-08-2013 17:17

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1069786)
Nah its a dose of honesty.:D

Rightly expected you to post on Jay's behalf, at least it won't be dyslexic when you and G do.

I expect Jay to be doing a lap of celebration around the lounge on his scooter after today's result - a cracking goal.

Stanley probably got the worst possible opening match. It often happens that the promoted teams in all the leagues seem to get away with a flyer - probably because they play a different style and unsettle the opposition.

Waiting patiently (I lie;)) for next Sunday to see how Moyes puts it together for his first competitive match, we might get some idea of his mindset then:)

cashman 04-08-2013 17:21

Hey twas a cracker, just watched match on internet.:)

Barrie Yates 10-08-2013 19:15

The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell

Guinness 10-08-2013 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070775)
The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell

I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1070805)
I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P

Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange:D

jaysay 11-08-2013 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070775)

Only time will tell

I heard Liverpool had got rid of most of its rubbish and dumped it on Old Trafford:rolleyes:

jaysay 11-08-2013 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070811)
Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange:D

A bit more class than the team you support:p:p:p:D

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 09:25

Someone must have hacked into Jays computer:eek: - or DinG was absolutely spot on with his forecast that Jay would do a U-turn and be back on this thread with his rabid ramblings:rolleyes: Nostradamus watch out, you have serious competition from the new mystic DinG:tongueout:D

Eric 11-08-2013 19:54

Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE:confused: Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070915)
Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE:confused: Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.

Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse:rolleyes:

Eric 11-08-2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070921)
Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse:rolleyes:

Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.

cashman 11-08-2013 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070915)

Yer imagining nowt Eric, The Premier League along wi Sky are the worst things that happened to our game imho.:(

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070929)
Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.

Don't your top Ice Hockey teams play in a foreign league? Seem to remember that the salaries in American sport are far higher than in the English Football Leagues;)

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 09:23

A great win by Stanley - and it was shown on Sky. I think there is need for them to keep it on the ground more than the hopeful long ball, when they did keep it down they showed some real promise.:D

Pity the same can't be said for the Deadwoods - maybe next year we will get a real local derby - Stanley v Deadwoods, that will be worth seeing.:rolleyes:

As expected at the Community Shield, some nice football from both sides although Wigan didn't make many chances. Still hoping that La Crème strengthen the mid field. Even though Jay isn't going to contribute to this thread:rolleyes: I wonder who his slagging target is going to be this season now that SAF has gone and his "Fatboy" could be on his way:rolleyes::D

cashman 12-08-2013 10:52

The community shield???? Both sides were sod all special.:rolleyes: