Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

DaveinGermany 12-08-2013 11:06

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1063605)
Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, :)

M'lud, the evidence below is clearly presented for your verification! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1070823)
I heard Liverpool had got rid of most of its rubbish and dumped it on Old Trafford:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1070824)
A bit more class than the team you support:p:p:p:D

Tah-Da !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070830)
:eek: - or DinG was absolutely spot on with his forecast that Jay would do a U-turn and be back on this thread with his rabid ramblings:rolleyes:

Now, if only I could be so accurate with the lottery numbers! :D

Eric 12-08-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071002)
Don't your top Ice Hockey teams play in a foreign league? Seem to remember that the salaries in American sport are far higher than in the English Football Leagues;)

Of course Canadian teams play in the NHL ... and the yanks have done all they can to turn that league from "sport" to "investment opportunity" ... but that's the yanks. We expect it of them. But what is important about hockey is that there is a lot of effort put into minor hockey. That's why our national team is always competitive .... unlike, say, England in football.:D And the NHL has a salary cap and a draft system for bringing young players into the league ... it's not the same few teams (the ones with the big bucks) that win every year. And the most valuable franchise in the league is that of the Toronto Maple Leafs, one of the least successful collection of stumble bums ever to lace up skates ... can't quite figure that one out.:confused: I don't think that there is any sport left in US "sport" ... folks are more interested in what the overpaid clowns do off the field (or ice, or court) than they do on it. A lot like the Premier League.:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1071030)
I don't think that there is any sport left in US "sport" ...

But Canadian teams play in the US leagues - I suppose they are mercenaries looking for the big bucks;):D

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1071015)
M'lud, the evidence below is clearly presented for your verification! :)

Tah-Da !!!!

Now, if only I could be so accurate with the lottery numbers! :D

Nice one DinG, but I think we all knew that he couldn't keep to his word about that, he has got to have somewhere to vent his spleen;)

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071012)
The community shield???? Both sides were sod all special.:rolleyes:

Agreed, but they were there:p

Eric 13-08-2013 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071050)
But Canadian teams play in the US leagues - I suppose they are mercenaries looking for the big bucks;):D

But Canadian teams are Canadian owned, and they field teams dominated by Canadian players. Look at the rosters of the "English" Premier League. What is it .... about 30 per cent English players? The Germans seem to be getting it right ... teams in the Bundesliga are full of talented German players. Ok, Bayern have Robben and Ribbery, but the rest of them are mostly krauts. That's why they have such a strong national team. It's the same in Italy ... probably 60 per cent of the players in Serie A are Italian. The Premier League is not helping English football ... in fact, it is probably hurting it. Let's face it, you are no longer a major power in your national sport. Famous teams are English in name only. And until talented young English players are given a chance to participate at the highest level your national team will remain an embarassing also ran.

Last year Canadian teams sucked in the Stanley Cup (mmm, that has a nice ring to it:D), and the trophy went to the Chicago Blackhawks. Yet, half the guys, including the captain and the two assistant captains, who suited up for the Hawks were Canadian.:alright:

Boeing Guy 15-08-2013 18:09

Its nice to see nothing has changed,
BBC Sport - Man Utd: David Moyes criticises Premier League fixture list

Looks like Red noses apprentice has got his excuses in early. 'Hardest start for 20 years...' and "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

Wow if Rodgers said that he would be ridiculed by the plastic army. Cue Barry....

Barrie Yates 15-08-2013 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1071453)
Its nice to see nothing has changed,
BBC Sport - Man Utd: David Moyes criticises Premier League fixture list

Looks like Red noses apprentice has got his excuses in early. 'Hardest start for 20 years...' and "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

Wow if Rodgers said that he would be ridiculed by the plastic army. Cue Barry....

I think it was a stupid comment - but then again, if you don't believe in coincidence you could well think it was a conspiracy;):D

cashman 17-08-2013 18:08

Well just to brass most people off Scum are top of Premier after only 71 mins of the season.:D

DaveinGermany 17-08-2013 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071793)
Well just to brass most people off Scum are top of Premier after only 71 mins of the season.:D

Only on goal difference, the pool are up there too, :)

Barrie Yates 17-08-2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1071795)
Only on goal difference, the pool are up there too, :)

Now DinG, we all knew that for Jay to maintain his alleged absence from this thread he would have his Sancho post bigoted remarks.

Good result for you DinG, but thought you may have lost it right at the death.

A cracking result for La Crème, but that worries me - we don't normally win the opening game, but we still need a mid-field player. Swansea are going to give a few teams a real game this season.

Same old story for the Deadwood gang - crap, they could probably lose against Stanley. Must be galling to see Burnley in the top two when your team is in the bottom three.

Looks as though it could be a yo-yo season for Stanley, let us hope they can really put it together soon and look forward to playing the Deadwood gang next season

Let's see what the rest of the weekend has in store for us.:D

DaveinGermany 18-08-2013 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071812)
Now DinG, we all knew that for Jay to maintain his alleged absence from this thread he would have his Sancho post bigoted remarks.

Ooh! What you said! I see Donkey Oatey's been on & it must be killing him not being able to have his Tuppence worth of pokes. Come on Jay, you know you want to! :s_aim1:

U turns are allowed you know mate, just look how many "Call me Dave" has made, if he can do it, well, little people like us surely can too. ;)

cashman 18-08-2013 21:04

The Special One is coming...................:D:D:D:D

Barrie Yates 19-08-2013 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071946)
The Special One is coming...................:D:D:D:D

Didn't watch the full match, only MOTD2. Very slick passing and penetration in the first half by Cheski, Hull seemed to be overawed by it all and what a superb goal by Lampard. However, second half was a different story, never looked as though Chelsea would lose but they will have to play better against the NN, La Crème and the Scousers, and a few other teams. Chelski are a brilliant attacking team but I think they are still a bit lacking at the back. Lots to come I think.:D

Eric 20-08-2013 15:58

Here's a short post with a link ... in the style of C'mon:

Revealed: The Premier League reaches an all-time low of English players | Football | The Guardian