Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Barrie Yates 19-06-2014 15:20

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Almost back to normal now thanks to BRH – an infection within 12 hours of surgery and they couldn’t even find me an extra blanket, but it was 0220 hrs and I had obviously disturbed their rest break.
Nothing much going on in the football world. Oh yes, there is the World Cup – can’t understand why it doesn’t excite me at least a little, but it doesn’t.
Why did he play 3 players out of their normal club positions – Rooney, Welbeck and Sterling – baffled me, perhaps it will be different tonight.
I don’t expect much to come out of the Theatre of Dreams until Holland finish in Brazil, just hoping it stays as Dreams and not Nightmares again.
I see the scousers have bought two strikers – could they be expecting someone to leave before the start of the season?
I hadn’t realised it was quite that long since the scousers won the Premiership/First Division. Is it really 24 years? Even the deadwoods haven’t had to wait that long.
Will be trying to get a ticket for Turf Moor to watch Burnley v La Crème, must be a downer for the deadwoods to see Burnley back in the Premiership again whilst they again struggle to stay in the Championship.
Let us hope that Stanley can emulate Fleetwood and make a real challenge this season.
Roll on the season start and then the “fun” can start all over again.

Wynonie Harris 19-06-2014 21:33

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, Barrie. Hoping to see you take advantage of your renewed health by making an appearance or two at the Store First Stadium this coming season! No need to procure a ticket - just turn up!

Barrie Yates 01-07-2014 16:39

No really outstanding teams showing so far at the World Cup, a few teams have been lucky to progress, it appears to me that the climate has had a considerable impact upon some teams more than others, especially when they go into extra time.
Hoping that Holland don’t progress too much further although VG has managed to get some pretty impressive effort out of a team without too much class – good portent for the future?
Is it true that the Vampire is hoping for a new career in Hollywood and is trying out for the re-make of “Silence of the Lambs” – I am sure that everyone can guess what part he will be auditioning for. I think the scousers knew, or at least suspected, despite his professed “love” for them, that he would somehow engineer a move away to Barca or Real during this summer.
Doesn’t seem to be much movement in our local teams, perhaps the management are too busy watching the TV.
Roll on August 16th.

Barrie Yates 01-07-2014 16:40

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1108699)
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, Barrie. Hoping to see you take advantage of your renewed health by making an appearance or two at the Store First Stadium this coming season! No need to procure a ticket - just turn up!

Could well do Wyn as long as you promise it won't be crap like the last time I went