Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 12:16

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074058)
Now yer being unfair, they are on a Par wi Cardiff n Southampton.:hehetable W1-D1-L1.

Early doors though, a long way to go. Not an unusual start for us, although it is new ground for the scousers - how long before they are back to their usual level - struggling to get a Europa League place:p And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire:bingobang

Boeing Guy 02-09-2013 14:08

Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager:D

cashman 02-09-2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074079)
And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire:bingobang

Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074104)
Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.

Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout:tongue:

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074097)
Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager:D

We will see, long time to go before the fat lady sings:)

cashman 02-09-2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074108)
Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout:tongue:

True n you got 70000 of em.:D I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:27

Just heard that someone has put a bid in for Rhodes - there will be a clause in the contract that he doesn't have to do any chicken adverts:D

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074112)
True n you got 70000 of em.:D

Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry":rolleyes:

cashman 02-09-2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074112)
True n you got 70000 of em.:D I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074115)
Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry":rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 03-09-2013 06:41

Well now the dust has settled on transfer day I am quite happy, we have got 3 good players in. I as sure the mancs are just as happy, after all they managed to get someone, they may have missed out on on a few but when your a team of winners , managed by a winner himself, you only need players from his old winning club.

I bet Barrie is beside himself with joy....:D

cashman 03-09-2013 07:07

Perhaps Moysies hanging back? His budget only allows fer Loans, A bit like us at Stanley!!:D

Boeing Guy 03-09-2013 07:23

You know Cashy, for a club their size and stature, i was supprised at their behaviour. If I was a plastic, i would be beside myself. It remimds me of the Souness years at the pool. Looks like the party,may soon be over

Eric 03-09-2013 19:54

Well, the drama of the transfer window is all over ... and most of the players "not for sale at any price" have been sold. And now the pampered ballerinas of the EPL take the field for the 2013-2014 version of their soap opera ... all the noise of the WWE with less excitement. Problem is that all we get over here is EPL, no real football like you get in the "lower" leagues.:mad: Meanwhile, my team keeps truckin' along with their best start ever ... or best start in 103 years, whichever sounds better:D

Saskatchewan Roughriders improve to 8-1 for 1st time in franchise history | canada.com

Boeing Guy 04-09-2013 08:31

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTFaLjJCIAIQZsK.jpg

That said, we are playing so bad, we haven't beaten a team above us yet and I very much doubt we will get any points in the next week or so:eek:

Barrie Yates 05-09-2013 16:30

If you lot got your heads out of your nether regions, you might have realised that Moyes, in fact any manager, does not conduct transfer dealings, they just inform the CEO or whoever is responsible for transfer dealings who they would like - such as Shebby the VFC expert. Perhaps CEO at United was one step too far at the wrong time for Woodward, although he did a brilliant job as head of merchandising.
We will see what we will see as the season progresses, and unlike you experts, La Crème supporters don't expect to win every season but we know that we will try our very best, which has proved, in the previous seasons of the PL, to be far better than all the other clubs combined.:p:D