Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

cashman 05-09-2013 18:38

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074517)
La Crème supporters don't expect to win every season but we know that we will try our very best, which has proved, in the previous seasons of the PL, to be far better than all the other clubs combined.:p:D

Being the richest club in England wouldn't be a factor in this success would it?:rolleyes: Nothing wrong wi that, somebody has to be, But what yer saying about the majority of yer supporters is utter balls.:dflam:

Mancie 05-09-2013 20:47

Next the league this next or other and years ago.. Liverpool any the premier. ha ha ha

Boeing Guy 06-09-2013 09:59

I for one am so happy that Manchester United has appointed David Moyes, given him a SIX year contract and allowed him to bring in the most talented coaches and back room staff.

I mean just look at them;
Steve Round, assistant manager, great experience with Steve McClarens England reign, Newcastle and Everton, a true winner.

Chris Woods as Goalkeeping Coach another great steal off Everton

Jimmy Lumsden, been with David 'winning' Moyes since he started his managerial career, need I say more!
and many many more, no wonder the rest of us are quaking.

The experience and stamina he brings is unreal, after all Brendan Rodgers cannot even hope to get near to Davids record of his 11 years of success at Everton.:D

On a side note, nice to have you back Mancie, you have been missed.

Eric 06-09-2013 15:02

Just been reading an article about what's going on at Pompey ... seems like the fans now own the club, and they drew a crowd of 16,000 for their game last weekend ... now that's a great football story ... much better than reading about which foreign prima donna has been bought for a fee that is substantially higher than the GNP of many third world countries. Way to go Pompey:dancedog: And Stanley ... and all the other real football clubs.:alright:

Oh, and real beer too:thepint::thepint::thepint: Ah ... three's enough. It's still morning over here .... I'll drink the rest when the sun is over the yard arm.;)

Boeing Guy 06-09-2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1074659)
Oh, and real beer too:thepint::thepint::thepint: Ah ... three's enough. It's still morning over here .... I'll drink the rest when the sun is over the yard arm.;)

Well according to one Senior Cabin Crew friend of mine, he's ex British Airways, Cabin Services Director!, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

Barrie Yates 06-09-2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074548)
Being the richest club in England wouldn't be a factor in this success would it?:rolleyes: Nothing wrong wi that, somebody has to be, But what yer saying about the majority of yer supporters is utter balls.:dflam:

I will always give credit for your superior knowledge of what is "utter balls" as that is all that you seem to post on this thread:alright:

Barrie Yates 06-09-2013 15:25

Good to see you posting again Mancie - it certainly improves the quality on here. Welcome back:)

Eric 06-09-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074661)
Well according to one Senior Cabin Crew friend of mine, he's ex British Airways, Cabin Services Director!, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

In a country the size of ours, it's always over the yardarm somewhere in Canada:dancedog: I can be half cut before Ossykid finishes his cornflakes:D

DaveinGermany 06-09-2013 17:41

Quote:

Fill yer boots Eric! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074661)
the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

The World my dear Chap? Surely somewhere within our magnificent Empire by jingo? :s_aim1:

Barrie Yates 07-09-2013 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074621)
I for one am so happy that Manchester United has appointed David Moyes, given him a SIX year contract and allowed him to bring in the most talented coaches and back room staff.

I mean just look at them;
Steve Round, assistant manager, great experience with Steve McClarens England reign, Newcastle and Everton, a true winner.

Chris Woods as Goalkeeping Coach another great steal off Everton

Jimmy Lumsden, been with David 'winning' Moyes since he started his managerial career, need I say more!
and many many more, no wonder the rest of us are quaking.

The experience and stamina he brings is unreal, after all Brendan Rodgers cannot even hope to get near to Davids record of his 11 years of success at Everton.:D

On a side note, nice to have you back Mancie, you have been missed.

Perhaps you could remind me of the honours won by BR and his crew as my grey cells appear to have given up the search for the information:D

Barrie Yates 07-09-2013 18:38

Hey Mancie, you may have noticed the dearth of postings on this thread from your pal. the Deadwood supporter. He appears to have thrown his toys out of the cot after mild chastisement by Yerself:rolleyes::D

Guinness 07-09-2013 22:27

Quote:

Just been reading an article about what's going on at Pompey ... seems like the fans now own the club, and they drew a crowd of 16,000 for their game last weekend ... now that's a great football story

Yup a great story, unfortunate about the bill they have picked up caused by ineffective governance selling out to a TV company, unscrupulous agents, stupid owners and victory at any cost plastic supporters who wouldn't know the difference between a 4-5-1 line up and a 2 step line dance

Player-by-player breakdown of what Pompey owe - Pompey - Portsmouth News

Boeing Guy 08-09-2013 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074916)
Perhaps you could remind me of the honours won by BR and his crew as my grey cells appear to have given up the search for the information:D

I wondered when this was going to be mentioned. Brendan Rodgers has been in management since November 2008, while David Moyes January 1998. Brendan had to make wholesale changes to the team and the results are starting to show, did I tell you we ate TOP of the LEAGUE:D

David Moyes inherited a Premier League winning team, so does he leave the wining formula in place? No he has a clear out and brings people he is happy with. He tries to buy players he knows, nothing wrong there. This is very much like the change we went though when Souness took over.

It will take several more games to see his style (just look at his history at Everton) take over from Fergies, but I cannot see United winning the premiership this season, you will be top four, you have the players there, but will it be enough?

I would expect any supporter to back his manager, we would, but the glory years are over.
The Manchester United of old would have beat Liverpool, a team who had a injured player, Sturridge, and their star Biter, sorry Striker, not playing. The hunger they had with Alex was not there, it remains to be seen if it continues, the next few months will tell.

Boeing Guy 08-09-2013 08:56

José Mourinho rings Man Utd. for Wayne Rooney - YouTube

This is rather funny.

Barrie Yates 08-09-2013 14:00

I see that the Deadwoods are top of a league - The Most Money Spent on Agents by a Championship Side. Blackburn Rovers, £3.5 million????????? Who the hell did they buy:confused::D