Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2009, 16:05   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

LOL Its OK.Two trophies in the bag,still leading the premiership and in the semis of the champions league.And further to that FC United in 3rd in the Unibond premier and bidding for a place in the play offs into the Conference North.Not a bad season for me so far
Old 21-04-2009, 04:19   #197
God Member

it's obvious were the battle lines are drawn on this thread.. anti Man Utd...started by ex-communitated so called "local team" supporters... local team supporters that cannot grasp the fact that United are a local team, and as a local team they are of course the oppostion.. but these people have turned nasty in their bitter, twisted hatred... a bitter hatred and envy that comes from long years of desparation where all hope has gone..and fear of the mighty has turned into hatred of our cause... the cause that all northern people should folllow... support for Man Utd...this is the only path to follow.

Last edited by Mancie; 21-04-2009 at 04:27.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 04:34   #198
God Member

just a few words I feel i must say...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day

or was it boxing day ?
Old 21-04-2009, 04:45   #199
God Member

Henry V was a United supporter

Old 21-04-2009, 09:29   #200
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
it's obvious were the battle lines are drawn on this thread.. anti Man Utd...started by ex-communitated so called "local team" supporters... local team supporters that cannot grasp the fact that United are a local team, and as a local team they are of course the oppostion.. but these people have turned nasty in their bitter, twisted hatred... a bitter hatred and envy that comes from long years of desparation where all hope has gone..and fear of the mighty has turned into hatred of our cause... the cause that all northern people should folllow... support for Man Utd...this is the only path to follow.
You can lead a Donkey to water............but you can't make it drink.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 09:57   #201
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You mean like the desperation envy and bitter twisted hatred shown by United fans for Liverpool during 26 title-less years Mancie
Old 21-04-2009, 22:27   #202
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

No comment so don't bother.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 09:46   #203
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
No comment so don't bother.
Sure I've just read that somewhere else
Old 22-04-2009, 22:10   #204
God Member

Chelski v Everton 0-0 draw.. looks like Pool have got second place secured
Old 23-04-2009, 09:47   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hope you didn't watch it Mancie, what a load of crap, if that's an example of the cup final, I'll be watching progressive knitting on sky that afternoon, it was so good last night I fell asleep
Old 23-04-2009, 15:13   #206
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
2nd place is nothing and you know it so stick your smiley

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 16:21   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
2nd place is nothing and you know it so stick your smiley
Oh don't be a bad loser Bagpuss, there's always next season, the MANC bubble will burst one day
Old 29-04-2009, 07:03   #208

Just read about Howard Webb saying he was wrong to award a penalty the other day and remembered an earlier discussion on this thread. If the Pro footballers think this way then surely we are entitled to??

Quote:
Meanwhile, it has emerged Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenas could face disciplinary action over his comments about Webb's decision.

The Football Association has given him seven days to respond to his remarks in which he said Webb had "crumbled under pressure".

Jenas was quoted as saying: "The atmosphere, the occasion, the importance of the match, a lot of factors take their toll when making decisions."
source=BBC News

Also a discussion on the BBC 606 pages with the latest post being
Quote:
It's bad enough only four teams have a realistic chance to win the league. Add the referees' perceived favouring of them, and the question for the rest is why bother?

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 17:20   #209
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

I’m a bit surprised that there have been no comments either good or bad on United’s resurgence to lead the Premier League and booking their place in the Champion’s Final.

I wish the real reds all the best in their quest of four trophies in one season.

Much has been said today about the Fletcher sending off, with comments of variations on “it was a fair tackle, the ball deviated etc.”

But all the pundits and commentators have missed the major point. And that is that the referee can only adjudicate on what he sees.

One view from behind the referee showed precisely what the referee saw. He saw Fletcher bring down the Arsenal player in the penalty area and as the last defender he was quite rightly shown the red card. The ref also saw the ball shoot off to the side but he didn’t see the reason for it doing so. In other words he didn’t see who kicked it sideways.

The ref did not see the numerous replays from other angles like we all did and people are judging on those views and not what the ref saw. We saw that Fletcher did kick the ball away before bringing down the forward. Did anyone see Fletcher tug at the player’s shirt a split second before lunging for the ball?

What is wrong is that UEFA will only rescind a red card if there is a case of mistaken identity. There should be a ruling to allow a red or yellow card to be rescinded after viewing video evidence if the evidence clearly shows that the referee made a mistake.

In the Fletcher incident no amount of video evidence would get him off, because of the shirt tug.
Old 06-05-2009, 17:51   #210
Senior Member+

It was not a penalty and we all know it and now the ref also knows it. I have always been against video replay but with the speed of the game today plus all of the "diving", I,m changing my thoughts. There are cameras from almost every angle in the big games and an official would be able to determine in seconds just what happened and relay it to the ref. It happens in most other professional team sports so why not football. I know that every game couldn,t be covered but it should start somewhere and maybe eventually work down to the lower divisions.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karma kids

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..