Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2011, 17:53   #1
Resting in Peace

Blackpool Fined £25000

Blackpool FC have been fined £25000 by the Premier League, for fielding a weakened side in a league, to me its a nonsense, every team in the prem have to nominate a list of 25 players, when any team submit these names they must think they are good enough to play in the Premier League, so now they are going against their own rules, its the managers job to pick a team not some suited planks in London, who probably haven't kicked a ball between them. its not like they got mauled, they were beaten 3-2 away to Villa, with Villa scoring the winner in the last minute. It should be interesting as Ian Holloway said he would resign if Blackpool were fined
Old 27-01-2011, 21:20   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Blackpool Fined £25000

its one rule fer the smaller clubs n one fer the so called big boys, how many times have Man U n Arsenal been fined fer not playing first team regulars? n they do it regular in certain cup ties.
Old 28-01-2011, 08:59   #3
Senior Member+

I think its pathetic, totally agree with you Cashy.
It will be interesting what Ian has to say though...........
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:24   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its one rule fer the smaller clubs n one fer the so called big boys, how many times have Man U n Arsenal been fined fer not playing first team regulars? n they do it regular in certain cup ties.
That's different cashy Blackpool were fined for playing a weakened side in a league match not a cup match, but you are right in the year Sheff United were relegated United played West Ham in the final game at the Theatre of Merchandising with West Ham also fighting the drop, United were playing a Champions League Final the following week and played a weakened side, result West Ham won and were saved Sheff United were relegated, nothing was mentioned about this by the Premier league what so ever, that was a case of one rule for one and not the other
Old 28-01-2011, 10:03   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It should be interesting as Ian Holloway said he would resign if Blackpool were fined
Bluff & bluster, in all honesty I can't see it happening, at the time of the statement he was pretty miffed, so I think he'd be forgiven for not resigning. He's done far to well at Blackpool for such a spur of the moment comment to have any real bearing.

He's just going to get a big old spoon & chow down on humble pie. Act in haste, repent in leisure.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 10:06   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Bluff & bluster, in all honesty I can't see it happening, at the time of the statement he was pretty miffed, so I think he'd be forgiven for not resigning. He's done far to well at Blackpool for such a spur of the moment comment to have any real bearing.

He's just going to get a big old spoon & chow down on humble pie. Act in haste, repent in leisure.
He has a get out clause, We (Blackpool) have refused Ians resignation sorted
Old 28-01-2011, 18:34   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

He talks the talk, but didn't walk the walk, and who can blame him. If he had resigned he would have left without a penny - do not know what his salary is, but do me a favour, who in his right mind would walk away from his salary and compensation if he was fired?
I do think it wrong though. He played players from his 25 man squad - what is wrong with that.
The sooner the ruling bodies of football in this country are sorted out and sensible, knowledgable people are put in charge, then we will continue to have these ridiculous decisions (in all spheres of the game), made for our beautiful game
Old 29-01-2011, 00:59   #8

Holloway is starting to for suffer with phil brown syndrome ! .
Everyone thought brown was a breathe of fresh air in prem league and loved his interviews and stance till February,then got sick of him always grabbing a microphone.then hull starting struggling and he got worse...Holloway is edging the same way and his tantrums coincide with the fact that blackpool are now just 4 points from relagation zone..its a repeat situation

commentators are so wrong saying bloomfield is a hard place to go....they have the worst home record in all the prem !!!

hope they stay up though and looking forward to their vist to ewood

Last edited by spignific; 29-01-2011 at 01:06.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 09:24   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
Holloway is starting to for suffer with phil brown syndrome ! .
Everyone thought brown was a breathe of fresh air in prem league and loved his interviews and stance till February,then got sick of him always grabbing a microphone.then hull starting struggling and he got worse...Holloway is edging the same way and his tantrums coincide with the fact that blackpool are now just 4 points from relagation zone..its a repeat situation

commentators are so wrong saying bloomfield is a hard place to go....they have the worst home record in all the prem !!!

hope they stay up though and looking forward to their vist to ewood
Think that's spot on Spigs, don't think Brown will be grabbing too many mikes at Preston for a while

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..