Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2011, 22:17   #1
God Member

Champions League Final

I realise some "locals" have no concept of a European Cup Final but they can google it .. just out of interest who do you reckon will win on saturday?... looks like United have no chance..after all we have a crap team..crap supporters and a pensioner for a manager.
Messi and co will destroy us.. so no point United even turning up.. what do Accy Web footy bods think?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2011, 22:27   #2
God Member

Re: Champions League Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I realise some "locals" have no concept of a European Cup Final but they can google it .. just out of interest who do you reckon will win on saturday?... looks like United have no chance..after all we have a crap team..crap supporters and a pensioner for a manager.
Messi and co will destroy us.. so no point United even turning up.. what do Accy Web footy bods think?
I think you probably know where my two bobs going.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 22:32   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

only one winner of that, ryan has another gig or so i heard.
Old 23-05-2011, 23:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
well can't argue wi that i agree.
Old 24-05-2011, 08:47   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well can't argue wi that i agree.
Reading your quoted post cashy, think coco's got it spot on for a change
Old 24-05-2011, 21:39   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Reading your quoted post cashy, think coco's got it spot on for a change
But we did win the Premiership by about 9 points - which I think is more than Rovers managed to avoid relegation by. We also won the Youth Cup and we are in the European final again - Rovers never got that far in their only attempt.
Only DinG can blow his trumpet on that one - but we will catch them on that one as well.
Like I have said elsewhere - I will always support any English team in a European final, no matter how much I dislike the team or the fans.
However, as Mancie says, we might as well not turn up as we aren't good enough, but it isn't over until the Fat Lady sings - or the "Fat Lad" has one of his stormers.
P.S. Manager of the Year and Footballer of the Year as well - not bad for a crap team - memory is getting poorer but think we also won a trophy last August as well.
Old 24-05-2011, 21:51   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yep yer memorys crap barrie, whilst they did win it, was by the least number of points accumulated, n from what ive seen it aint the fact the others are getting better.
Old 24-05-2011, 21:52   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
But we did win the Premiership by about 9 points - which I think is more than Rovers managed to avoid relegation by. We also won the Youth Cup and we are in the European final again memory is getting poorer but think we also won a trophy last August as well.
Spot on.. played Chelski 5 times this season and beat em 4 times.. not many people fancy United to beat Barca, and looking at the bookies odds we are cannon fodder.. but at least an English team have reached the final... Jaysay and he's compadres would have let the Spanish Armada do em up the bum back in 1588.. traitors no less!
Old 24-05-2011, 21:57   #9
God Member

giggsy will send his boys round lol we ar all eric cantona lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2vb4fwl.jpg (52.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 24-05-2011, 22:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
giggsy will send his boys round lol we ar all eric cantona lol
You can add William Wallace to that motley bunch but I don't think that will help your cause.
If you've never met him, look him up on Google.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 22:49   #11
God Member

william wallace and all that never appealed to me im a scot that has moved on from that rubbish that picture is from today at ryan giggs house.i want united to win because he is a fellow govanite
Old 28-05-2011, 20:35   #12
JFT96

Mancie
Quote:
looks like United have no chance..after all we have a crap team..crap supporters and a pensioner for a manager.
Looks like you were spot on, the better side won

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 20:37   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Mancie

Looks like you were spot on, the better side won
No argument
Old 28-05-2011, 20:38   #14

And so endeth the football masterclass.
Think the creme has gone off dear.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 08:33   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
And so endeth the football masterclass.
Think the creme has gone off dear.
Really? We were 9 points clear in the league and in the European final.
If that is poor then where do Rovers come when the same logic is applied to them?
At least we tried to win, not like Rovers who were too chicken to try that.
It might not be the highest points total - but it is 9 more than anyone else.
United will be contesting for the Premiership next season while Rovers will no doubt be contesting the relegation places

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..