Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By jaysay

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2013, 18:25   #1
Resting in Peace

Fergies assistant leaving too

It appears that Moyes doesn't want Fergies number two Mike Phelan, in his backroom staff when he takes over as manager, Goal Keeping Coach Eric Steele is also leaving, not sure whether this is a sensible thing to do really, Phelan has been there as coach since 2001 and assistant Manager since 2008, in which time he must have picked up a lot of knowledge. With a team like United I think it might have made more sense if he'd have stayed on for at least a month or two, because if things go tits up at the start of the season, which they could easily do, the plastics will be after Moyese's guts for garters
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2013, 18:34   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fergies assistant leaving too

Hope that dont reflect on young "Dawbers" chances, steele had him training yon.?
Old 24-05-2013, 19:05   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thinking about this (not that i give a toss) Seems a bit odd that Phelan @ Steele,were good enough fer old red nose, But NOT Moyes, Think at least he would have weighed up there qualities fer a few months when he takes oer? Quite possibly his first mistake n aint even started the job yet.
Old 24-05-2013, 22:38   #4
Senior Member+

I haven't seen any statement that they were pushed or decided that they didn't want to work under anyone else, just that they were leaving - after all, when you have worked for the Master everything else is a step down.
I think in most cases where a new manager comes in he brings his own backroom staff with him.
Old 25-05-2013, 07:33   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I saw a photo of em Barrie, neither looked best pleased. Have to disagree about a step down, NO man is bigger than any club.
jaysay likes this.
Old 25-05-2013, 08:01   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I haven't seen any statement that they were pushed or decided that they didn't want to work under anyone else, just that they were leaving - after all, when you have worked for the Master everything else is a step down.
I think in most cases where a new manager comes in he brings his own backroom staff with him.
I agree Barrie, but this is the first we've heard about these two leaving and as Cashy said they didn't look too pleased. As you say a new manager brings in his own team but, to change anything overnight especially after so long a spell under one figurehead could spell disaster.

Hopefull
shillelagh likes this.
Old 25-05-2013, 13:47   #7
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=jaysay;1060515]I agree Barrie, but this is the first we've heard about these two leaving and as Cashy said they didn't look too pleased. As you say a new manager brings in his own team but, to change anything overnight especially after so long a spell under one figurehead could spell disaster.

Only time will tell - Phelan nearly always looked miserable and the other chap has only been there a year I think.
Not for one moment do I expect it to be a highly successful coming season but do expect a top four finish, which for many would be a very successful season
Old 25-05-2013, 13:56   #8
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=Barrie Yates;1060544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I agree Barrie, but this is the first we've heard about these two leaving and as Cashy said they didn't look too pleased. As you say a new manager brings in his own team but, to change anything overnight especially after so long a spell under one figurehead could spell disaster.

Only time will tell - Phelan nearly always looked miserable and the other chap has only been there a year I think.
Not for one moment do I expect it to be a highly successful coming season but do expect a top four finish, which for many would be a very successful season
Who was that other chap always sat on Fergies right Barrie, could never place him, Noisy Neighbours new manager, chelski new old manager, Arsenal splashing the cash, looks like a fight between the scoucers and United for 4th place

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..