Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2013, 17:27   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
Some of my money is parted from me, it's in several banks, making sod all interest. Picking out a few 'bankers' every now and again, will give me a better return than waiting for a 0.02% interest account to mature.
But its guaranteed to be there, it certainly ain't when its in a bookies till, there's nothing sure in backing anything at the bookies, that's why they they're in business, can't remember a bookie going bust
Old 24-09-2013, 18:50   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Some of my money is parted from me, it's in several banks, making sod all interest. Picking out a few 'bankers' every now and again, will give me a better return than waiting for a 0.02% interest account to mature.
Much better interest if yeh open n offshore account. But even our banks give yeh a better long term return than any Bookie.
Old 24-09-2013, 19:22   #168
Senior Member+

I know people who like to have a flutter, and they say it makes a game of football more interesting if you have money riding on it. And it is your money to do with as you want, but if it`s just a case of making your money earn you money, then there are better ways of doing so in my opinion.
cashman and jaysay like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 17:28   #169
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I know people who like to have a flutter, and they say it makes a game of football more interesting if you have money riding on it. And it is your money to do with as you want, but if it`s just a case of making your money earn you money, then there are better ways of doing so in my opinion.
A lot better ways
Old 25-09-2013, 21:58   #170

I don't have a 'flutter', I scan the coupon and if there's one game that take's my fancy I will have a little bet on it, or maybe a big bet on it, depending on how confident I feel about the match. Sometime's I will go without a bet if nothing appeals to me.
I also have money earning money away from betting.
I have had 5 consecutive wins since my last loss, wonder if I can get into double figures??
Old 26-09-2013, 17:42   #171
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't have a 'flutter', I scan the coupon and if there's one game that take's my fancy I will have a little bet on it, or maybe a big bet on it, depending on how confident I feel about the match. Sometime's I will go without a bet if nothing appeals to me.
I also have money earning money away from betting.
I have had 5 consecutive wins since my last loss, wonder if I can get into double figures??
Your luck must be in
Old 27-09-2013, 08:19   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Remember the old saying "The Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted"
From LT onlne.

" How Not To Be A Football Millionaire"
Keith Gillespie gambled over 3.9m over 5years whilst at Rovers.
7m over 20years
You're spot on Jaysay when you said in another thread "footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box".
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 17:41   #173
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
From LT onlne.

" How Not To Be A Football Millionaire"
Keith Gillespie gambled over 3.9m over 5years whilst at Rovers.
7m over 20years
You're spot on Jaysay when you said in another thread "footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box".
I think that every time I see Rooney, just wonder what he'd have been if he wasn't a footballer, maybe a bin dipper
Old 28-09-2013, 20:40   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your luck must be in:royes:
It's not about luck being in, it's about being careful, today i went against my betting instinct's and did a treble, it went down. I fancied Southampton, off a good win at Anfield against Crystal Palace who had lost 4 out of 5 of their Premier League matches so far. That should have been my bet, but i had to stick Man U and Bolton with it, and down it went. Dougie Freedman must be sweating on his job now, not beating Yeovil is not good enough, they nearly lost, equalising in the last minute.
My recent winning's paid for my treble bet, so no real harm done.
I should not do accumulators !!! when will i learn !!!! ha ha ha
Old 28-09-2013, 21:33   #175
Senior Member+

I wish you well with your betting, no doubt you`ve looked into it. But here`s some tips for those that maybe haven`t.
http://www.freewebs.com/lhole/beatthebookies.pdf
I looked into the stats last week but unfortunately can`t find the link, but it went something like - bet £1 on every favourite and in (i think) 1 year you will lose over £1000.
Old 28-09-2013, 22:43   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I wish you well with your betting, no doubt you`ve looked into it. But here`s some tips for those that maybe haven`t.
http://www.freewebs.com/lhole/beatthebookies.pdf
I looked into the stats last week but unfortunately can`t find the link, but it went something like - bet £1 on every favourite and in (i think) 1 year you will lose over £1000.
That's probably horse racing betting, not football, which is what i bet on.
Thanks 4 the link anyway, CHEERS
Old 29-09-2013, 07:46   #177
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It's not about luck being in, it's about being careful, today i went against my betting instinct's and did a treble, it went down. I fancied Southampton, off a good win at Anfield against Crystal Palace who had lost 4 out of 5 of their Premier League matches so far. That should have been my bet, but i had to stick Man U and Bolton with it, and down it went. Dougie Freedman must be sweating on his job now, not beating Yeovil is not good enough, they nearly lost, equalising in the last minute.
My recent winning's paid for my treble bet, so no real harm done.
I should not do accumulators !!! when will i learn !!!! ha ha ha
Backing anything in sport and winning is luck, no ifs no buts I've yet to meet a poor bookie
Old 29-09-2013, 07:48   #178
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's probably horse racing betting, not football, which is what i bet on.
Thanks 4 the link anyway, CHEERS
Bet you made a real killing on that home banker yesterday United v WBA
Old 29-09-2013, 19:09   #179

After United's poor performance against Palace last week I didn't want to risk too much on 'em. That's why I did an accumulator.
There are certain teams that will struggle this season, like Palace away from home, they wont win many on their travels.
Geoff Boycott style betting could be the way. If in doubt don't have a bet. Steady does it, i'm in no rush.
Liverpool made my money that i lost yesterday.
Everton should do Newcastle tomorrow but I think i'll keep my money in my pocket.
Old 29-09-2013, 19:24   #180
Senior Member+

I`ve just looked at Liverpools odds 1-5, which must have needed quite a stake to recoup yesterdays losses (5 X whatever you bet yesterday). That`s quite a risk. If Liverpool had lost, what would you have to stake on your next bet just to try and break even.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..