Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2013, 08:05   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
After United's poor performance against Palace last week I didn't want to risk too much on 'em. That's why I did an accumulator.
There are certain teams that will struggle this season, like Palace away from home, they wont win many on their travels.
Geoff Boycott style betting could be the way. If in doubt don't have a bet. Steady does it, i'm in no rush.
Liverpool made my money that i lost yesterday.
Everton should do Newcastle tomorrow but I think i'll keep my money in my pocket.
There's one thing for sure by the time my time on earth comes around I'll be better off through gambling at the bookies than you, never used um
Old 30-09-2013, 20:01   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I`ve just looked at Liverpools odds 1-5, which must have needed quite a stake to recoup yesterdays losses (5 X whatever you bet yesterday). That`s quite a risk. If Liverpool had lost, what would you have to stake on your next bet just to try and break even.
Backed Liverpool before the game at Corals price 8/11.
1/5 must have been in running price.
Just backed Everton at 1/40 whilst 2-0 up !!!
Old 30-09-2013, 21:54   #183
Senior Member+

Quote:
Backed Liverpool before the game at Corals price 8/11.
1/5 must have been in running price.
Just backed Everton at 1/40 whilst 2-0 up !!!
Checked after game on bet365 for liverpool odds.
Don`t see the point of a bet like that, 1-40, what was your stake.
But you had a twitchy sphincter by the end of the game.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:22   #184

i had £34.95 in my account so put on £4.95. Won a massive 12 pence. I know it was a bit pointless, but it prove's a point. If you have the fund's you can beat the bookies.
Some punter somewhere could have put £40000 on and won £1000.
Going back to the Liverpool price, it would have fluctuated all the time during the match and at some stage, you would only be able to bet on the draw or Sunderland.
It's all about timing.
Old 01-10-2013, 19:41   #185
Senior Member+

Quote:
That`s OK until the big comeback costs that punter £40,000. Evertons comeback from 4-2 down against Man U springs to mind.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:36   #186
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i had £34.95 in my account so put on £4.95. Won a massive 12 pence. I know it was a bit pointless, but it prove's a point. If you have the fund's you can beat the bookies.
Going back to the Liverpool price, it would have fluctuated all the time during the match and at some stage, you would only be able to bet on the draw or Sunderland.
It's all about timing.
The bookies just love people like you, you're their meat and two veg
Old 02-10-2013, 19:31   #187

i backed Ipswich last night when they were 3-1 up, they got a lead of 4-1 and the game ended 4-4. My previous few win's up in smoke. Not to worry PSG tonight...
Old 02-10-2013, 19:33   #188

I think i need to do less bet's Jaysay, i need to do one big bet and then the return's will pay for my future bets. That is as long as my bet come's up !!!
Old 02-10-2013, 21:21   #189
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope yeh don't end up learning the hard way,as i did in late 70s mate, No-one ever thinks to themselves oh i got a problem,until its too late.
Old 02-10-2013, 21:50   #190
Senior Member+

Quote:
i need to do one big bet and then the return's will pay for my future bets. That is as long as my bet come's up !!!
Nothing more needs saying I think, except - Football betting a mugs game? Yes it is.
jaysay likes this.
Old 13-10-2013, 21:22   #191

Thank's for everyone's concern's, i do have my gambling under control. One bloke i work with, his son has recently joined the army, stationed at Catterick. Being in the army it's 'hard' spending your wage's, so he regularly put's £30 bet's on football accumulator's. He won £600+ a couple of week's ago. His dad was telling everyone at work. He seemed proud of his lad. If that was my lad, i would be telling him to leave his earning's in the bank. One thing about joining the service's is that you can put a nest egg away for the future. People work hard for their wage's, and can spend it however they please, but this lad has got it so wrong, will he learn I wonder...
Old 13-10-2013, 21:30   #192
Senior Member+

My step daughter is in the army, and while in Afhan, there were lots of lads blowing their money on gambling sites (nothing else to do, and money burning a hole in their pockets). The army tried to stop this by banning gambling sites on the camps internet access, but with new ones popping up all the time they couldn`t keep up. She came home with six months wages + tour bonus, others came home with nothing in the bank.
Old 14-10-2013, 07:32   #193
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thank's for everyone's concern's, i do have my gambling under control. One bloke i work with, his son has recently joined the army, stationed at Catterick. Being in the army it's 'hard' spending your wage's, so he regularly put's £30 bet's on football accumulator's. He won £600+ a couple of week's ago. His dad was telling everyone at work. He seemed proud of his lad. If that was my lad, i would be telling him to leave his earning's in the bank. One thing about joining the service's is that you can put a nest egg away for the future. People work hard for their wage's, and can spend it however they please, but this lad has got it so wrong, will he learn I wonder...
If you give £1 to the bookies its a £1 too much a fool and his money are son parted
Old 20-10-2013, 19:31   #194

Received 2 free £5 bets from Paddy Power on my mobile, did an 'obvious' double backing Arsenal and Chelsea, the other £5 which i received in the shop went on Villa to draw with Spurs.
So i am up £7.69 thanks to Paddy Powers generosity.
I've now won a massive £9.69 on Paddy Power free bets LOL
Old 27-10-2013, 15:09   #195

can't believe it, but Paddy Power sent me another 2 FREE £5 BETS.
Went down to the shop on Friday, where another bloke also received the same offer. He threw his away with SILLY 4 FOLD. Whereas I kept it simple, having a Fiver on Arsenal 4/11 at Palace and the other FIVER on Leicester 4/6 at home to Bournemouth.
Those 2 wins have gone into my very appreciative On Line Account.
I also had a little bet on Arsenal on my on line account.
SLOWLY BUT SURELY

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..