Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 19:52   #31

Thumbs up Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you think gambling can be researched, their would be a lot of poor bookies and a lot of rich punters, can't say I've seen to many of either
You can research different events, especially having computers, i've looked into the irish lottery, you can win some weeks, but will lose out over all.

Horse racing is very difficult to predict, everyone in the betting shop has their own thoughts on a race, but no one divulges their opinion to another gambler.
That's where the bookies make their money.

This weekends football, my money is going on Fleetwood to win at Bath.
It's a top versus bottom. They are priced at 1/3 at Coral's.

Keeping bets simple is the way forward...slowly but surely...
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 21:46   #32
God Member

Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

If I was going big I'd bang on City to beat Sunderland and a draw Rovers v UTD..got to get 2/1 for the double.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 01:11   #33
Full Member+

For me ......nice little treble for today....

Arsenal to win at QPR (4/7)
Sheff U to win at Hartlepool ( EVS )
Gillingham (home win) to beat Hereford (8/13)

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 08:15   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
You can research different events, especially having computers, i've looked into the irish lottery, you can win some weeks, but will lose out over all.

Horse racing is very difficult to predict, everyone in the betting shop has their own thoughts on a race, but no one divulges their opinion to another gambler.
That's where the bookies make their money.

This weekends football, my money is going on Fleetwood to win at Bath.
It's a top versus bottom. They are priced at 1/3 at Coral's.

Keeping bets simple is the way forward...slowly but surely...
The way forward is to keep your money in your pocket
Old 31-03-2012, 20:36   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
If I was going big I'd bang on City to beat Sunderland and a draw Rovers v UTD..got to get 2/1 for the double.
Keeping it simple is the answer, I was in Kendal today, and there was no Corals, they were offering 1/3 on Fleetwood, so i ha to put the bet on at William Hills who offered a poor 1/5, so i had £20 and won £4. A small amount maybe, but a profit none the less.
There are lots of strange results this time of the season, Rovers got a 0-0 at Arsenal this time last season.
My Fleetwood bet was a safe one bottom versus top.
I'm recouping my losses slowly but surely.
Old 31-03-2012, 20:41   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

Backing 3 matches gives 27 possible outcomes 3x3x3=27
Old 31-03-2012, 20:50   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
£10 on City @ 2/9 (corals) = 10 x 11/9= 12.22
£12.22 on Rovers/United to draw @ 11/4 = 12.22 x 15/4= £45.83
That works out at about 7/2
Old 31-03-2012, 21:00   #38
God Member

Quote:
£10 on City @ 2/9 (corals) = 10 x 11/9= 12.22
£12.22 on Rovers/United to draw @ 11/4 = 12.22 x 15/4= £45.83
That works out at about 7/2
Good price 7/2.. but the City result was the banker and it went down.. yes it is a mugs game stret
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

oops The Gunners let you down, there's no poor bookies
Old 01-04-2012, 19:58   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
oops The Gunners let you down, there's no poor bookies
There's no poor bookies, but you can tap into their winning's and siphon a little off like i do.
There is another way of beating the bookies too, its called an agio bet, this is when bookies offer different odds on a one versus one, like a snooker match.
They might not agree on who's the favourite, and offer contrasting odds, say player 1 is 4/5 favourite and player 2 is 11/10, whereas the other bookie might offer player 1 as 11/10 and player 2 as 4/5 favourite, so you back both players at 11/10 and cannot lose. It does occur like this sometimes. I think there are web sites that offer AGIO ALERTS. You would need to have many accounts with the various bookmakers around to take advantage of this. I'm stuck in at work all day so i cant take advantage.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55   #41
Resting in Peace

I have to say I've always made a killing on the betting game throughout my life and I'm now clocking 66, I've kept my money firmly in my pocket and I'm quids in
Old 02-04-2012, 14:33   #42

When I'd just turned eighteen a few moons ago I put a quid on a thirteen fold got 200 odd back. The same week put 2quid on a 10 fold on the Tuesday night games got a hundred and odd back. I thought "Bloody hell I'm printing money here!!"......Never won since.
Old 02-04-2012, 17:17   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
When I'd just turned eighteen a few moons ago I put a quid on a thirteen fold got 200 odd back. The same week put 2quid on a 10 fold on the Tuesday night games got a hundred and odd back. I thought "Bloody hell I'm printing money here!!"......Never won since.
Whens it your 50th birthday Alvin
Old 11-04-2012, 21:02   #44

Had a bad Easter weekend on the betting front, i had £20 on Wrexham who got beaten at home by Alfreton, then i had a £5 on Southampton to beat Portsmouth, oh dear £25 down.
I went back to a less risky bet on Tuesday night, i backed a draw on Rovers versus Liverpool (£30 at 12/5) I also backed Liverpool (£50 at 11/10) so i got £105 back with an outlay of £80 resulting in a £25 profit, on the night, and a retrieval of the weekends losses.
If Rovers had won it would have been worth £80 to me.
Bad set of results tonight with Wigan and Q.P.R. both winning.
It leaves Rovers and Bolton in the bottom 3.
I think we are relegated, and its all the Venkys fault.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Had a bad Easter weekend on the betting front, i had £20 on Wrexham who got beaten at home by Alfreton, then i had a £5 on Southampton to beat Portsmouth, oh dear £25 down.
I went back to a less risky bet on Tuesday night, i backed a draw on Rovers versus Liverpool (£30 at 12/5) I also backed Liverpool (£50 at 11/10) so i got £105 back with an outlay of £80 resulting in a £25 profit, on the night, and a retrieval of the weekends losses.
If Rovers had won it would have been worth £80 to me.
Bad set of results tonight with Wigan and Q.P.R. both winning.
It leaves Rovers and Bolton in the bottom 3.
I think we are relegated, and its all the Venky's fault.
I've known that for months stetrovers, you've got owners that don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to football, being advised by a chap who is the agent of the worst manager in Premier League history, he's hardly going to tell Venky's he's a waste of space is he. Then there is Kean himself bolstered by his own inflated ego, this is a guy who sends out a team that isn't fit can only play for 45 minutes and have the worst defence I've ever seen at Ewood and I've been a fan 60 years, and they say this guy has dignity, ya reight useless waste of space

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..