Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2012, 16:22   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Football Betting Mugs Game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Stanley,Shrewsbury,Swindon & Torquay 」2 = 」33.92 Stanley & Torquay let me down.

Mansfield,Stockport & York 」2 = 」14 Stockpot & York let me down.

Sunderland,Swansea,Birmingham,Livingston,Airdrie 」1 = 」14.80 Sunderland,Birmingham & Livingston let me down.

So there we go has my winning streak run out..................................at least Swansea won John
If I'd have been a betting man I'd have put 」100 on Swansea to win, as for your efferts on the betting field heth, keep your pennies in your purse lass
Old 14-04-2012, 20:50   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems yeh lost again, it finished 2-2, yer right its a mugs game.
Made my money back today, that i lost last night.
I had 」25 on Swansea (21/20 at Paddy Power) to beat my Rovers, that got me 」51.25 back, also had 」15 on the draw 12/5. So I actually made 25p profit this weekend.
I might pile on Man United tomorrow.
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 20:55   #63

Quote:
Stanley,Shrewsbury,Swindon & Torquay 」2 = 」33.92 Stanley & Torquay let me down.

Mansfield,Stockport & York 」2 = 」14 Stockpot & York let me down.

Sunderland,Swansea,Birmingham,Livingston,Airdrie 」1 = 」14.80 Sunderland,Birmingham & Livingston let me down.

So there we go has my winning streak run out..................................at least Swansea won John
Keep your bets nice and simple if you want to make money, which is what I do, i'm in it for the profit and not the thrill of the bet.
Old 15-04-2012, 08:14   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
Keep your bets nice and simple if you want to make money, which is what I do, i'm in it for the profit and not the thrill of the bet.

Right good for you making 25p this weekend!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 18:58   #65

Quote:
Right good for you making 25p this weekend!
tis better than a loss. Had a little dabble on Man U this afternoon, so it's a little more than 25p for the weekend.
Its all about recouping my losses, then when im in profit, a steady income each week would be nice.
Old 15-04-2012, 19:09   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
a steady income each week would be nice.
That my friend, is known as a Job, they appear to be harder to find nowadays according to some.
Old 15-04-2012, 21:24   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Its all about recouping my losses, then when im in profit, a steady income each week would be nice.
Hope yeh live that long.
Old 16-04-2012, 08:28   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
tis better than a loss. Had a little dabble on Man U this afternoon, so it's a little more than 25p for the weekend.
If you could do that stetrover, there would be no bookies, even in football some results that look tied on aka United v Rovers and Wigan v United, wonder what price you could have got for that double
Old 18-04-2012, 20:14   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you could do that stetrover, there would be no bookies, even in football some results that look tied on aka United v Rovers and Wigan v United, wonder what price you could have got for that double
There are 79 matches to choose from on a weekend coupon, I don't just look in the Premier league for matches to back on. There are some really poor teams in the Scottish League Three for instance.
Most people are looking for an unlikely 10 fold to come up.
I do know what i'm doing, I have done my research, and learned from my previous betting mistakes.
I could write a book on betting...
Old 18-04-2012, 21:01   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
There are 79 matches to choose from on a weekend coupon, I don't just look in the Premier league for matches to back on. There are some really poor teams in the Scottish League Three for instance.
I do know what i'm doing, I have done my research, and learned from my previous betting mistakes.
Yeh would probably make more brass doin that.
Old 19-04-2012, 02:17   #71
God Member

Quote:
Found this thread interesting even tho' I don't gamble all that much ... maybe the odd few bucks at the blackjack table. But it seems to me that soccer is much easier to read than hockey, and definitely baseball. NFL is fairly predictable, but who would have bet that Green Bay didn't at least make the final.

But, I agree that the bookies are the only ones who make money. Whatever the odds, they are stacked in their favor.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 22:26   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Found this thread interesting even tho' I don't gamble all that much ... maybe the odd few bucks at the blackjack table. But it seems to me that soccer is much easier to read than hockey, and definitely baseball. NFL is fairly predictable, but who would have bet that Green Bay didn't at least make the final.

But, I agree that the bookies are the only ones who make money. Whatever the odds, they are stacked in their favor.

It is easier to read but there is always some upsets!

I do it for the thrill of maybe winning not for making big bucks really, thats why I dont bet alot of money.

I work hard so why cant I have a bit of fun! If I didnt have the money I wouldnt bet simple.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 19:03   #73

Southend made me my money this weekend, beating Barnet, but I also backed the draw.
If I had known Man United's result I would have lumped on Man City to thump Wolves.
Steady profit...a bit too steady...
Rovers need a miracle to stay up, so it's money on Spurs next Sunday, an insurance bet I suppose you could call it.
Will a point be enough for Rovers? maybe if we beat Wigan, and Newcastle beat Wigan,and x beat y and ...
Old 23-04-2012, 08:33   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Southend made me my money this weekend, beating Barnet, but I also backed the draw.
If I had known Man United's result I would have lumped on Man City to thump Wolves.
Steady profit...a bit too steady...
Rovers need a miracle to stay up, so it's money on Spurs next Sunday, an insurance bet I suppose you could call it.
Will a point be enough for Rovers? maybe if we beat Wigan, and Newcastle beat Wigan,and x beat y and ...
IF in Rover case is a very big word
Old 23-04-2012, 19:07   #75

An early one here for you all, get your spare money on Crawley to beat Hereford, because 3
more points and they are up. Not sure what the price will be.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..