Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2012, 17:06   #181
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
When are Man U off to Wembley this year?
We are going for the second time. Do you have any silverware yet?
No, not this year - but we will be in the Champion's League next year from the start. What can the scousers look forward to? The Europa Cup which means they could have to play an extra 18 or more matches, quite a bit different than recent years when they have only played in English matches
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2012, 22:38   #182
JFT96

Would love to comment, but on tonight's result, I may have to go outside for a while......

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 09:49   #183
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Would love to comment, but on tonight's result, I may have to go outside for a while......
Ya BG not very impressed at all with that inept offering last night, 2-0 up with 13 minutes to go, that was really pants
Old 22-03-2012, 18:36   #184
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Don't know what went on there, but obviously someone's cocked up big time, probably to complacent, if they play poorly they deserve to take a hiding, simple as.
Old 24-03-2012, 16:59   #185
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Winning cups is all well & good, but another poor showing again today, I really don't know what they're playing at.
Old 24-03-2012, 17:21   #186
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Winning cups is all well & good, but another poor showing again today, I really don't know what they're playing at.
No neither do I, a home banker
Old 24-03-2012, 18:48   #187
Senior Member+

Quote:
Isn't it just an 'end of season' syndrome? They are in the Europa Cup next season through winning the Carling Cup. They are not going to get into the Champions League.

Try telling it to the poor season ticket holders who have paid through the noses to watch them win games, but the fact is there is not a lot left to play for in the League.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 19:57   #188
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Try telling it to the poor season ticket holders who have paid through the noses to watch them win games, but the fact is there is not a lot left to play for in the League.
That shouldn't matter, the Liverpool of old played for pride & passion, self respect, with the ultimate aim of representing club & Country, most of the lads were Liverpool born & bred or if not from the City at least aspired to the ethos of Shankley & Paisley, Sadly there's far to many foreign influences within the game nowadays.

The influx of mercenary money orientated players/agents have destroyed the true meaning of a "Local" team. And while it may make for interesting ? Football, the pride & passion is missing in the big (money) leagues, that's why the likes of Stanley are far more worthwhile from a purely football point of view, okay they won't give the spectacle of big international games against the likes of Barca, Juve & Bayern, but what you get at the Crown is good honest to goodness, grass roots, warts & all Footy as it should be.
Old 24-03-2012, 22:20   #189
God Member

Quote:
I really don't know what they're playing at.
It's called football Dave.. but not as we know it!

Last edited by Mancie; 24-03-2012 at 22:27.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 22:26   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Isn't it just an 'end of season' syndrome? They are in the Europa Cup next season through winning the Carling Cup. They are not going to get into the Champions League.

"end of season syndrome ?" ...end of season is almost two months off
but then again in Liverpools case there was nowt to play for at the start of the season in the league.
Old 24-03-2012, 23:42   #191
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's called football Dave.. but not as we know it!
At their present showing in the league, I'd agree with you Mancie. (now there's a thing a Scouser agreeing with a Manky, it'll end in tears to be sure )
Old 24-03-2012, 23:56   #192
God Member

Quote:
That shouldn't matter, the Liverpool of old played for pride & passion, self respect, with the ultimate aim of representing club & Country, most of the lads were Liverpool born & bred or if not from the City at least aspired to the ethos of Shankley & Paisley, Sadly there's far to many foreign influences within the game nowadays.
Well sorry Dave but that don't really wash..Dalglish has spent around £114 million in 18 months... £75 million of that was on English players (Carol, Henderson,Downing).."King Kenny" are you havin a laugh?
Old 25-03-2012, 00:28   #193
God Member

Quote:
it'll end in tears to be sure )
Well we know another song about that don't we?..maybe that famous Pool supporter Ken Dodd had it right singing about King Kenny!.
Tears for Souvenirs

Old 25-03-2012, 00:36   #194
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well sorry Dave but that don't really wash..Dalglish has spent around £114 million in 18 months... £75 million of that was on English players (Carol, Henderson,Downing).."King Kenny" are you havin a laugh?
That's as maybe, but look at the rest of the squad, Argentinian, Australian, Brazilian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Portuguese, Slovakian, Spanish, Uruguayan, even a jockeen & a Geordie ! so I think that confirms the point I made, look back at the 70's-80's & the majority of England players came from Liverpool (the team) Hughes, Keegan, Clemence, Thompson, Neal, Kennedy, Johnson, McDermott.
Old 25-03-2012, 00:46   #195
God Member

Quote:
That's as maybe, but look at the rest of the squad, Argentinian, Australian, Brazilian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Portuguese, Slovakian, Spanish, Uruguayan, even a jockeen & a Geordie ! so I think that confirms the point I made, look back at the 70's-80's & the majority of England players came from Liverpool (the team) Hughes, Keegan, Clemence, Thompson, Neal, Kennedy, Johnson, McDermott.
Yep.. but the 70's-80's are along time ago...mind you i reckon thats about the time scousers started wearing big hair and trackie bottoms..aey aey.. calm down

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..