Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2012, 08:10   #196
JFT96

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's as maybe, but look at the rest of the squad, Argentinian, Australian, Brazilian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Portuguese, Slovakian, Spanish, Uruguayan, even a jockeen & a Geordie ! so I think that confirms the point I made, look back at the 70's-80's & the majority of England players came from Liverpool (the team) Hughes, Keegan, Clemence, Thompson, Neal, Kennedy, Johnson, McDermott.
With you there Dave.

We have 16 out of 30 first squad all British, down the road at Manky U they also have 16 British lads but a squad size of 32.
It took red nose, sorry Saf, 4 years to win anything, the FA cup which saved his career.
Regardless we were a outside chance to win the league, it takes time for any manager to make his mark. However Two trips to Anfield South in his first full season as Manager and the first visit for the team in 14 years, first cup in 16 years. I'll take that.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2012, 09:36   #197
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
With you there Dave.

We have 16 out of 30 first squad all British, down the road at Manky U they also have 16 British lads but a squad size of 32.
It took red nose, sorry Saf, 4 years to win anything, the FA cup which saved his career.
Regardless we were a outside chance to win the league, it takes time for any manager to make his mark. However Two trips to Anfield South in his first full season as Manager and the first visit for the team in 14 years, first cup in 16 years. I'll take that.
Look on the bright side BG, you could have been saddled with another scotsman from Glasgow but unfortunately he ended up at Ewood Park
Old 25-03-2012, 09:40   #198
Senior Member+

Quote:
You might, but will the golbal fan base and faceless American owners?

I think you'll find its Champions League or nothing.

And if it was your first visit to Anfield South in 14 years, I hope you all had sat-nav!

Last edited by gynn; 25-03-2012 at 09:44.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 10:07   #199
JFT96

Spot on Gynn, with the rise of the Plastic supporters for ALL Premiership teams means there is more and more pressure on managers than ever, just ask AVB from Chelsea.
It is a sad fact of life

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 10:12   #200
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Spot on Gynn, with the rise of the Plastic supporters for ALL Premiership teams means there is more and more pressure on managers than ever, just ask AVB from Chelsea.
It is a sad fact of life
Quite right BG if Fergie had been starting at the Theatre of Merchandising today and start of in the way he did back in the 80s I doubt he would have gone on to reign for 25 years, I think that's the problem the plastics will have when he finally finishes, was the same when Busby stood down back in the 60s they were relegated soon afterwards
Old 25-03-2012, 11:27   #201
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Quite right BG if Fergie had been starting at the Theatre of Merchandising today and start of in the way he did back in the 80s I doubt he would have gone on to reign for 25 years, I think that's the problem the plastics will have when he finally finishes, was the same when Busby stood down back in the 60s they were relegated soon afterwards
Will that be before or after they gone into Admin?
Old 25-03-2012, 17:53   #202
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest I don't give a toss
Old 25-03-2012, 23:18   #203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Rovers are more likely to go into admin and Ewood be turned into a chicken take away and processing plant - and don'y forget that Stanley were getting close again
Old 26-03-2012, 15:59   #204
Senior Member+

Quote:
Look on the bright side BG, you could have been saddled with another scotsman from Glasgow but unfortunately he ended up at Ewood Park
Reckon you are stuck with him for some time to come Jay. If VFC won't pay for players they won't sack him and pay his contract up - he won't resign as then he gets nothing.
Look on the bright side though, they have got more wins in the last few weeks than the scousers have
Old 26-03-2012, 17:06   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Reckon you are stuck with him for some time to come Jay. If VFC won't pay for players they won't sack him and pay his contract up - he won't resign as then he gets nothing.
Look on the bright side though, they have got more wins in the last few weeks than the scousers have
Well thats not hard to do is it
Old 26-03-2012, 18:53   #206
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Well thats not hard to do is it
Re-arrange this well known phrase/saying "Yours-Up !"
Old 26-03-2012, 18:57   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Re-arrange this well known phrase/saying "Yours-Up !"
Looks like the rest of the premier league are saying that to the scoucers at the moment Dave
Old 27-03-2012, 09:54   #208
Senior Member+

I wonder if Hill's will have shortened the odds on KK leaving this summer - it was 4-1 before last weekends matches.
If he complains that they are having to play too many matches what is he going to say next season with all the Europa Cup matches? Apparently Fulham started this seasons matches in June.
An opportunity for KK to appear more ungracious perhaps.
Old 27-03-2012, 10:00   #209
Resting in Peace

You had to feel for Fulham last night, cheated out of a point, yet another United RAW
Old 28-03-2012, 00:30   #210
God Member

Quote:
You had to feel for Fulham last night, cheated out of a point, yet another United RAW
Not sure about Fulham being cheated..was a hard game for both teams ..anyone who thinks of United winning all the remaining games are in dreams .. I'd say United would need to be 4 points clear of Citeh before we play them and we have Rovers away..sometimes good somtimes bad.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..