Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 17:15   #226
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Remind us where he and the scousers are now DinG - only Wolves have got a worse record over the last 8 or so matches
Hill's were offering 4-1 last week that he would walk this summer, wonder what it is now
Will it be the biggest gate of the season at Ewood tonight?
Well we do accommodate for the plastic Manc's who never seem to make it to the Theatre of Merchandising Barrie
Old 02-04-2012, 17:26   #227
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well we do accommodate for the plastic Manc's who never seem to make it to the Theatre of Merchandising Barrie
That is because The Theatre of Dreams always have capacity crowds and I think it holds more than any other ground. Just be glad of the increased revenue
Old 02-04-2012, 17:32   #228
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That is because The Theatre of Dreams always have capacity crowds and I think it holds more than any other ground. Just be glad of the increased revenue
Ya the Turbans are always in full view on the from row
Old 02-04-2012, 20:56   #229
God Member

Cheers lads ..and to be honest thanks David De gea.

Last edited by Mancie; 02-04-2012 at 21:00.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 21:12   #230
God Member

Come on Arsenal v Chitey.. come on Villa v Pool.. and of course Everton v Pool in the semi.. oh the joy!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28   #231
Resting in Peace

So Mr Kean thinks if Rovers play for 90 minutes instead of 80 we'll stay up, wonderful concidering, we only usually play 45 minutes anyway
Old 03-04-2012, 14:46   #232
Senior Member+

Quote:
So Mr Kean thinks if Rovers play for 90 minutes instead of 80 we'll stay up, wonderful concidering, we only usually play 45 minutes anyway
They defended well and could have had a couple from breakaways but if you set up defensively then the strikers(?) forget how to strike - and of course De Gea was up to anything that came his way.
I note your fat boy is much fatter than ours, perhaps that is why he isn't in the same class.
You were lucky to finish with 11 after the deliberate elbow into Scholes face.
What goals though - would have beaten a better keeper than yours
Old 03-04-2012, 17:25   #233
Resting in Peace

Quote:
They defended well and could have had a couple from breakaways but if you set up defensively then the strikers(?) forget how to strike - and of course De Gea was up to anything that came his way.
I note your fat boy is much fatter than ours, perhaps that is why he isn't in the same class.
You were lucky to finish with 11 after the deliberate elbow into Scholes face.
What goals though - would have beaten a better keeper than yours
Ya but our fat lad didn't cost an arm and a leg, in fact I bet the whole team didn't cost as much as once a blue always a blue
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya but our fat lad didn't cost an arm and a leg, in fact I bet the whole team didn't cost as much as once a blue always a blue
When you buy from Charity Shops you just don't get the same quality as you do from Harrod's
Old 05-04-2012, 17:34   #235
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When you buy from Charity Shops you just don't get the same quality as you do from Harrod's
Ya but we tried the other method of growing our own then some big ugly drunken scotch git comes round and steals them and I mead steal too
Old 06-04-2012, 14:13   #236
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya but we tried the other method of growing our own then some big ugly drunken scotch git comes round and steals them and I mead steal too
If you aren't a good enough team then the better players will all want to leave and better themselves.
I suppose you will be supporting La Creme on Sunday, might just help you with a "Get Out of Jail" card, but then of course Sparky is one of the old boys, so you never know
Old 06-04-2012, 14:16   #237
Senior Member+

Quote:
"steals them and I mead steal too"
So Rovers didn't set the price then? but I do note that there are additional fees to pay in certain circumstances, may cushion your loss of revenue if you don't beat the drop
Old 06-04-2012, 18:41   #238
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If you aren't a good enough team then the better players will all want to leave and better themselves.
I suppose you will be supporting La Creme on Sunday, might just help you with a "Get Out of Jail" card, but then of course Sparky is one of the old boys, so you never know
No I won't be supporting the scum under no circumstances
Old 07-04-2012, 13:50   #239
Senior Member+

Quote:
No I won't be supporting the scum under no circumstances
Typical bigot
Old 07-04-2012, 18:37   #240
God Member

Was at Anfield today for the visit of Villa and from an LFC point of view the wheels have well and truly come off.

It seems like certain players have been found out, Carra who I have the upmost respect for is found wanting too many times the only plus is Agger is once again fit and hopefully can renew his patnershp with Skrtel, Henderson seems to be heavily weighed with the price tag although he did look better in a central position but that in turn seemed to push Gerard more on to the perhipials of the game.

Why Carroll & Belamy were on the bench only Kenny will know but the threat was more real when they were introduced.

Liverpool still play the nice one touch football but really are struggling with a cutting edge and sometimes I really do think they would benefit from going more direct if nothing else they would perhaps score more which in turn would instill confidence.

Ah well I least I can support my first Red team on Monday v Hereford

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..