Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 11:32   #316
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
League cup (aka Carling Cup), Liverpool 8 wins Manky u....4 back
Guess you have been away on holiday without internet access - you have been noticeable by your absence
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2012, 13:04   #317
Senior Member+

Forgot to add to previous post - a senior moment perhaps, I will be hoping that the scousers win today. As much as I dislike them I would rather they win than a non-Lancashire club, especially one from London.
Old 05-05-2012, 13:26   #318
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Forgot to add to previous post - a senior moment perhaps, I will be hoping that the scousers win today. As much as I dislike them I would rather they win than a non-Lancashire club, especially one from London.
Ya that's why I'll be shouting for City tomorrow Barrieseriously though, I actually think City will struggle tomorrow, and the way United have been playing Swansea won't be a pushover either, all to play for me thinks
Old 05-05-2012, 14:28   #319
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
See, you like us really (you're a closet Scally, go on admit it, promise it won't go any further than you, me & the WWW )
Old 05-05-2012, 14:43   #320
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
See, you like us really (you're a closet Scally, go on admit it, promise it won't go any further than you, me & the WWW )
Real closed shop then Dave
Old 05-05-2012, 15:03   #321
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Real closed shop then Dave
Aye, just a select few would know.
Old 05-05-2012, 16:02   #322
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Right, I'm off to watch Kenny & the boys get some (more) Silverware, I'll no doubt be back later to gloat or eat humble pie.
Old 05-05-2012, 16:33   #323
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Right, I'm off to watch Kenny & the boys get some (more) Silverware, I'll no doubt be back later to gloat or eat humble pie.
Have just ordered yer pie mate.
Old 05-05-2012, 18:30   #324
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

ROBBED ! THE REF WAS ATROCIOUS ! Just didn't do enough on the day, still think Carroll's second was over the line, if allowed the whole dynamics of the match would've been different. But, spilt milk & all that. Sorry Mankies when you come to look at trophies for this season we can only show you the one.

Cashy, make sure it's the seedless type, as them pips stick between your teeth.
Old 05-05-2012, 18:38   #325
God Member

Liverpool were rubbish in the first half, Chelsea looked tired after 60 mins and were there for the taking but Pool nowhere near good enough... reckon Kenny got his tactics wrong
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 20:06   #326

Isn't there meant to be an opened top bus parade tomorrow? Or will it now consist of a taxi for King Kenny and a removal van?
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 20:21   #327
God Member

Quote:
ROBBED ! THE REF WAS ATROCIOUS ! Just didn't do enough on the day, still think Carroll's second was over the line, if allowed the whole dynamics of the match would've been different. But, spilt milk & all that. Sorry Mankies when you come to look at trophies for this season we can only show you the one.

Cashy, make sure it's the seedless type, as them pips stick between your teeth.
I know the Ref jibe is tongue in cheek..no doubt about the winners if Carrolls attempt had been given, and overall both teams played a clean game.
As was posted earlier about the match being played before the end of season, it didn't seem to have the same blood and guts glory of an FA cup final .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20   #328
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How many pieces of humble pie have you eaten, maybe if they'd have turned up at 5-15pm instead of 6-15pm things could have been a bit different, KK got it well wrong , with his team selection, only came to life when Carrol came on and that ball wasn't over the line either, close but no cigar
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26   #329
Resting in Peace

To be honest, the game just didn't have the feel of a Cup Final, still two games to go in the prem evening kick off, just like watching an ESPN saturday evening game, without any ads
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40   #330
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought it was oer the line, But doubt if technology woulda sorted that un out?Liverpool didn't do enough in the 90 mins simple as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..