Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 09:45   #331
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Not a good game to watch. For the first 60 minutes Chelsea were by far the better team and it was only when Chelsea tired did the scousers show anything. The question arises - how will KK cope when they have to play an extra 20 games or so next season? That of course depends on how far they go in the Europa Cup.
Will be a squeeky bum afternoon today from start to finish I think.
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04   #332
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Not a good game to watch. For the first 60 minutes Chelsea were by far the better team and it was only when Chelsea tired did the scousers show anything. The question arises - how will KK cope when they have to play an extra 20 games or so next season? That of course depends on how far they go in the Europa Cup.
Will be a squeeky bum afternoon today from start to finish I think.
Why whats happening Barrie, oh ya I forgot Its Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ally Carter in the Snooker World Final, fancy the Rocket myself
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06   #333
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Agree with most things, not good enough on the day. Personally I would've had Kuyt on from the start, 2 attackers & not just Suarez up front, Carroll while being the goalscorer still doesn't do it for me, maybe if the price tag hadn't been so big ? For that kind of money I'd want something exceptional & up to now Carroll hasn't been. As to Reina, I think his best days are behind him.

The last 20 minutes or so where the best part for me, if the Pool had made that much effort from the start we'd probably have won outright without any panic. I've said it before, but for me the days of true football are gone, when the lads were local to the area & played for pride, passion & honour of wearing your clubs shirt, too many foreign mercenaries nowadays who'll play for pay & no understanding of the history.

Still doesn't detract from the fact we lost & that's all there is to it really.
Old 06-05-2012, 15:06   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Why whats happening Barrie, oh ya I forgot Its Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ally Carter in the Snooker World Final, fancy the Rocket myself

It's Rovers requiring snookers now.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 18:26   #335
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
It's Rovers requiring snookers now.
They been snookered behind the black for eighteen months TGJust one consolation City won this aft
Old 06-05-2012, 22:58   #336
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh but on the road to the title i would hazard a guess that now Liverpool are just slightly behind the "Creme" in the betting.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09   #337
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh but on the road to the title i would hazard a guess that now Liverpool are just slightly behind the "Creme" in the betting.
More than a country mile
Mancie will have to think up a new title for next season's thread
Old 07-05-2012, 17:55   #338
Resting in Peace

Quote:
More than a country mile
Mancie will have to think up a new title for next season's thread
Can United play catch up with the noisy neighbours, might be a good title
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00   #339
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can United play catch up with the noisy neighbours, might be a good title
Don't you expect any other club to make a challenge then - DinG and the pseudo scousers will be "hoping" surely - "Hope springs eternal"
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13   #340
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't you expect any other club to make a challenge then - DinG and the pseudo scousers will be "hoping" surely - "Hope springs eternal"
Well after watching the scousers last night ya never know Barrie
Old 09-05-2012, 15:54   #341
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well after watching the scousers last night ya never know Barrie
With the team that Chelsea put out - and who can blame them with what they have coming up, it would have probably been the last nail in the coffin of KK. The bookies seem to think he is not long to reign
Old 09-05-2012, 16:45   #342
JFT96

Quote:
With the team that Chelsea put out - and who can blame them with what they have coming up, it would have probably been the last nail in the coffin of KK. The bookies seem to think he is not long to reign
Remind me again Barrie, how much siverware have you got in your cabinet at the moment?
I cannot remember the last time 'la creme' were this bad. looks like SAF has not long to go either

Curiously, I cannot find any odds on Kenny leaving the club, shame I cannot find any about Fergie either, but then the odds of the mankys wining ANYTHING this season are not very nice.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 09-05-2012 at 16:52.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 17:24   #343
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Remind me again Barrie, how much siverware have you got in your cabinet at the moment?
I cannot remember the last time 'la creme' were this bad. looks like SAF has not long to go either
Tell you what BG.. nobody would swap 2nd in the Prem for the poxy Carling Cup
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 17:48   #344
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Curiously, I cannot find any odds on Kenny leaving the club, shame I cannot find any about Fergie either, but then the odds of the mankys wining ANYTHING this season are not very nice.
Ya I think his odds are shorter than fireproof Steve Kean at Ewood
Old 09-05-2012, 18:46   #345
Senior Member+

Quote:

Find another tune to play. We might be bad, if that is what you can call second - a long time since the scousers were that high, perhaps they have collective vertigo
Why not mention the other records your lot are looking likely to set this season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..