Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 08:29   #166
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

well if they appoint n half decent guy, doubt if i'll be quite as vehement.
Old 23-01-2013, 08:49   #167
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Jay, from your post on another thread - Me for one cashy, can't stand the git, patronising sod, but at least he's been asked to explain his comments by the FA, there are some really thick sods at the FA, if they haven't twigged his game yet, is frightening officials to death
Is one to assume that when SAF retires you will cease to be such a bigot regarding La Creme?
No still hate um the same, over paid bunch of arrogant *******
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:41   #168
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No still hate um the same, over paid bunch of arrogant *******
Nothing about the goings on at Deadwood last night then, perhaps the referees are as much against your lot as they are for mine (according to you)
Old 23-01-2013, 11:17   #169
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Nothing about the goings on at Deadwood last night then, perhaps the referees are as much against your lot as they are for mine (according to you)
Well we came to expect playing 14 at Ewood or the Theatre of Merchandising and they list is of poor decisions is a very long one over the years, but I suppose these refs have to earn their corn somehow
Old 23-01-2013, 16:01   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well we came to expect playing 14 at Ewood or the Theatre of Merchandising and they list is of poor decisions is a very long one over the years, but I suppose these refs have to earn their corn somehow
You can always hope for an improvement when Deadwood is hosting League 1 matches
Old 27-01-2013, 17:59   #171
JFT96

Oh we'll, that's what happens when you take a risk and don't play your best team.
Of course if we had not been found offside on our 2 nd goal, we would have won.
Not the best goalkeeping, but at least they fought all the way to the end. Damm

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 18:29   #172
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Oh we'll, that's what happens when you take a risk and don't play your best team.
Of course if we had not been found offside on our 2nd goal, we would have won.
Not the best goalkeeping, but at least they fought all the way to the end. Damn
Well with there being 3 TV matches this aft decided to watch Leeds v Spurs, her in doors would go ape if I wanted to watch them all, but there's been some upsets this year, just not very happy that we've got the gooners away, but we've nothing to lose, nobody will expect us to win, there again nobody expected Oldham, Luton Leeds, or Barnsley to win either
Old 27-01-2013, 18:52   #173
Senior Member+

Question for Liverpool fans.

What would Shankly have made of that snivelling little cheat who insists on pulling on a Liverpool jersey?

I'd like to think he'd have kicked him down the M6 the day he dived in the box three yards away from a Stoke player, and admitted they needed to do 'anything to get a result'

The thought of making him captain makes you feel sick. What an insult to a great club!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:11   #174
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not a good showing, if they'd have put the same effort in from the off as they did in the last 20 or so it probably would've been a completely different story. Still spilt milk & all that, not good enough on the day so well done the Latics.
Old 29-01-2013, 01:08   #175
Senior Member+

Never mind lads, could be an easy week for you, Arsenal and then City, of course with Jay the Jinx now supporting you the chances are you will lose against the Gooners and not really try against City so that we don't get three points further ahead of them. Did watch the Oldham match - not just your youngsters that let you down - your more experienced defence were totally ineffective - anyway I will be rooting for them at the weekend.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:10   #176
Senior Member+

Oh dear never mind - and another dive from you know who. Even BR admitted it was "dodgy"
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38   #177
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh dear never mind - and another dive from you know who. Even BR admitted it was "dodgy"
Ya but remember your next opponents Barrie, and the grand master of the penalty area dive No Japanese snipers have been seen at the Theatre of Merchandising since 2009, although Nini is trying his best to emulate the Portuguese submarine
Old 12-02-2013, 22:23   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya but remember your next opponents Barrie, and the grand master of the penalty area dive No Japanese snipers have been seen at the Theatre of Merchandising since 2009, although Nini is trying his best to emulate the Portuguese submarine
I know very well who the next oppomnents are Jay - are you still reading the fixtures list in the Beano or something. The thing is the scousers got beat last night and their own manager thought the penalty was "dodgy". Getting even further and further behind the top four but BR stated this week that he exppected to get in the top four - he didn't say in which year though.
As for tomorrow, well if we come away with something I will be happy, if not then of course we will always have another shot at them and we will be there again next year - Scousers and the Deadwood gang won't be.
Old 13-02-2013, 09:33   #179
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know very well who the next oppomnents are Jay - are you still reading the fixtures list in the Beano or something. The thing is the scousers got beat last night and their own manager thought the penalty was "dodgy". Getting even further and further behind the top four but BR stated this week that he exppected to get in the top four - he didn't say in which year though.
As for tomorrow, well if we come away with something I will be happy, if not then of course we will always have another shot at them and we will be there again next year - Scousers and the Deadwood gang won't be.
Namely because they buy there way there, if Rovers were able to field a team costing over £200 million every week, they'd be in with a shout too, the thing that makes me laugh more than anything is the fact that Fergie has the cheek to moan about fixtures, if your not up to it don't enter it. well Today will be a Sky Sports News free zone in my gaff, only watched it for an hour this morning and though I was watching the United channel. well I'm of to change into my Ronaldo shirt ready for the match which I'll be switching on at 7.44.30s just in time for the kick off
Old 13-02-2013, 11:23   #180
Senior Member+

Quote:
Namely because they buy there way there, if Rovers were able to field a team costing over £200 million every week, they'd be in with a shout too, the thing that makes me laugh more than anything is the fact that Fergie has the cheek to moan about fixtures, if your not up to it don't enter it. well Today will be a Sky Sports News free zone in my gaff, only watched it for an hour this morning and though I was watching the United channel. well I'm of to change into my Ronaldo shirt ready for the match which I'll be switching on at 7.44.30s just in time for the kick off
Bet you didn't complain when Jack Walker bought the Premiership title? How did the Deadwoods get on in Europe the following season?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..