Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2013, 17:34   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Bet you didn't complain when Jack Walker bought the Premiership title? How did the Deadwoods get on in Europe the following season?
its a totally different ball game now, the only thing Uncle Jack did was to invest in the team he supported as a lad on the terraces, not American Business men, Russian Oil barons, or Arab princes, just a local lad who stood by his home town club, he didn't crawl of down the motorway trophy hunting he thought he'd bring them home instead, still the finest achievement since the start premier of the league, it must have been it got up the noses of all the southern Jerno's
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2013, 14:18   #182
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
its a totally different ball game now, the only thing Uncle Jack did was to invest in the team he supported as a lad on the terraces, not American Business men, Russian Oil barons, or Arab princes, just a local lad who stood by his home town club, he didn't crawl of down the motorway trophy hunting he thought he'd bring them home instead, still the finest achievement since the start premier of the league, it must have been it got up the noses of all the southern Jerno's
He still bought the title - and then what happened
Old 14-02-2013, 17:21   #183
Resting in Peace

Quote:
He still bought the title - and then what happened
sadly he died but we're still the only town club to win the title since Ipswich back in the sixties or seventies
Old 15-02-2013, 18:15   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
sadly he died but we're still the only town club to win the title since Ipswich back in the sixties or seventies
Memory failing Jay? - Leeds United 91 -92 season
Old 15-02-2013, 18:20   #185
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Memory failing Jay? - Leeds United 91 -92 season
Barrie, is your age catching up on you, Leeds is a city club, mind you I remember that season quite well, just can't remember who threw the title away that year any idea's
Old 15-02-2013, 18:25   #186
Senior Member+

My commisserations DinG, perhaps BR decided better to concentrate on getting into the top four places this season - that was this weeks big statement from him. Not sure if he is from cloud cuckoo land or goes for long walks on Crosby beach with the Walrus and the Carpenter. No easy way to put this DinG - they were still crap.
Despite the Deadwood bigot's prediction La Creme did pretty well against the all conquering RM - second leg to come but we must be in with a chance.

Heard a rumour that a number of clubs are organising a petition asking Jay not to profess support for them - every one he does goes suddenly into freefall - who next Jay? please go for the NN
Old 15-02-2013, 19:07   #187
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sat & watched them last night, 2 goals within a couple of minutes, shocking, for a club that has that many big names they're seriously wanting at present.
Old 16-02-2013, 09:05   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
My commisserations DinG, perhaps BR decided better to concentrate on getting into the top four places this season - that was this weeks big statement from him. Not sure if he is from cloud cuckoo land or goes for long walks on Crosby beach with the Walrus and the Carpenter. No easy way to put this DinG - they were still crap.
Despite the Deadwood bigot's prediction La Creme did pretty well against the all conquering RM - second leg to come but we must be in with a chance.

Heard a rumour that a number of clubs are organising a petition asking Jay not to profess support for them - every one he does goes suddenly into freefall - who next Jay? please go for the NN
In that case BURNLEY
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 15:57   #189
Senior Member+

Hey DinG, they are on the way back, quite a match
Old 17-02-2013, 16:41   #190
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Cheers Barrie, not a bad result that but Swansea were fielding a weaker team. If they show the same determination against Zenit & turn around the 2 goal deficit I'll be quite happy.
Old 18-02-2013, 16:50   #191
God Member

A little light entertainment for jaysay and the plastic scousers.

BBC News Magazine ‏@BBCNewsMagazine

If Man Utd's claim to have 659m followers worldwide is true, only 0.1% come from #Manchester BBC News - Do Man Utd really have 659m supporters? #football

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 17:05   #192
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
A little light entertainment for jaysay and the plastic scousers.

BBC News Magazine ‏@BBCNewsMagazine

If Man Utd's claim to have 659m followers worldwide is true, only 0.1% come from #Manchester BBC News - Do Man Utd really have 659m supporters? #football
Old 20-02-2013, 17:17   #193
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Cheers Barrie, not a bad result that but Swansea were fielding a weaker team. If they show the same determination against Zenit & turn around the 2 goal deficit I'll be quite happy.
They must be in with a chance Ding as it looks as though the Deadwood Bigot has now put all his support behind the Deadwood Gang after last night's result - Do I wish he would come out in support of Real and the NN
Old 20-02-2013, 17:37   #194
Resting in Peace

Quote:
They must be in with a chance Ding as it looks as though the Deadwood Bigot has now put all his support behind the Deadwood Gang after last night's result - Do I wish he would come out in support of Real and the NN
Na Barrie Barca are the team, they are worth watching and they do it with 11 men on the pitch not 11 and four officials
Old 21-02-2013, 10:16   #195

There you go Jay. One mention of Barca and they get beat!
Eric likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..