Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2013, 11:26   #196
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
There you go Jay. One mention of Barca and they get beat!
Ya Alan the next plan of attack must be to become a red devilFergies red and white army
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2013, 11:58   #197

You should have done that ages ago.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 14:44   #198
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
You should have done that ages ago.

No, No, No, PLEASE, No
Old 21-02-2013, 18:33   #199
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
No, No, No, PLEASE, No
United United United Come on you red devils Fergies Red and White Army:moshe r:
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 10:07   #200
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
United United United Come on you red devils Fergies Red and White Army:moshe r:
You might as well try and screw us - you have managed to screw all the others that you allegedely support - Tough on you DinG but what else can you expect with Jay the Jonah hanging on to your glory - he has a good memory for when you did win something
Old 22-02-2013, 10:29   #201
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You might as well try and screw us - you have managed to screw all the others that you allegedely support - Tough on you DinG but what else can you expect with Jay the Jonah hanging on to your glory - he has a good memory for when you did win something
Who DO WE play this weekend Barrie come on you reds
Old 22-02-2013, 18:00   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Who DO WE play this weekend Barrie come on you reds
Look at your United Calendar, to find out who La Creme are playing but not sure whether you are using the Royal "We" and which team has entered your mind at the moment as being "your team" of the moment.
A clue for tomorrow is that the opposition play in Blue & White and it isn't the Deadwood Gang
Old 22-02-2013, 18:06   #203
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well, good game yesterday, but such is life we didn't get through because of the lax showing last week, still, live & learn.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:32   #204
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Look at your United Calendar, to find out who La Creme are playing but not sure whether you are using the Royal "We" and which team has entered your mind at the moment as being "your team" of the moment.
A clue for tomorrow is that the opposition play in Blue & White and it isn't the Deadwood Gang
Well Barrie having thought about this it appears I tick all the boxes to become a plastic Manc, I haven't got a Manchester accent, I don't come from Manchester, very rarely been to Old Trafford, so you see away the lads come on you reds
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:34   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well, good game yesterday, but such is life we didn't get through because of the lax showing last week, still, live & learn.
I'll have to approach these threads a little differently now Dave seeing I'm now a plastic Manc, ya you were very unlucky last night pity you couldn't have got that forth goal
Old 23-02-2013, 14:06   #206
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'll have to approach these threads a little differently now Dave seeing I'm now a plastic Manc, ya you were very unlucky last night pity you couldn't have got that forth goal
Doom, doom, doom - how long will BR last? Is it true that the cannibal is to be investigated for that stamp?
Have faith DinG, BR says that they will finish in the top four

I expect there will be tears at the Theatre of Dreams today - what else can we expect when Jay the Jonah is now shouting for us
Old 23-02-2013, 14:46   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Doom, doom, doom - how long will BR last? Is it true that the cannibal is to be investigated for that stamp?
Have faith DinG, BR says that they will finish in the top four

I expect there will be tears at the Theatre of Dreams today - what else can we expect when Jay the Jonah is now shouting for us
That's right Barrie onwards and upwards for us reds
Old 23-02-2013, 22:29   #208
God Member

Quote:
That's right Barrie onwards and upwards for us reds
I watched the game today ... with your support United beat QPR ... but you probably already know that.

Maybe one of the reasons that United are popular over here is that there is limited coverage of football ... so limited, in fact, that we call it soccer. There are large contingents of Italians and Portuguese here; so, those leagues get coverage. But the rest: It's all Premier League and the UEFA competions. United gets a lot of air time. I would love to see some of the games from the lower divisions; but I ain't holding my breath.

I popped into the local soccer store a while back. They stock shirts etc. from most of the "major" clubs. Just for a goof, I asked if they had Accrington Stanley shirts. The pizza-faced moron working in the store asked where they were from. Resisting the temptation to say "Accrington", I said, "Lancashire". He apologised, saying that they only stocked shirts from European clubs and from MLS. On that note, I left the store. Well, at least some of you got your wish. Lancashire is now officially not part of Europe.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:14   #209
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I watched the game today ... with your support United beat QPR ... but you probably already know that.

Maybe one of the reasons that United are popular over here is that there is limited coverage of football ... so limited, in fact, that we call it soccer. There are large contingents of Italians and Portuguese here; so, those leagues get coverage. But the rest: It's all Premier League and the UEFA competions. United gets a lot of air time. I would love to see some of the games from the lower divisions; but I ain't holding my breath.

I popped into the local soccer store a while back. They stock shirts etc. from most of the "major" clubs. Just for a goof, I asked if they had Accrington Stanley shirts. The pizza-faced moron working in the store asked where they were from. Resisting the temptation to say "Accrington", I said, "Lancashire". He apologised, saying that they only stocked shirts from European clubs and from MLS. On that note, I left the store. Well, at least some of you got your wish. Lancashire is now officially not part of Europe.
Ya them flaming Canooks what they like
Old 24-02-2013, 15:40   #210
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I asked if they had Accrington Stanley shirts. The pizza-faced moron working in the store asked where they were from. Resisting the temptation to say "Accrington", I said, "Lancashire". He apologised, saying that they only stocked shirts from European clubs and from MLS.
Seems education standards across the globe ain't exactly sparkling.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..