Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2013, 15:41   #211
Senior Member+
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Thank you Jay, at last you have shown your true colours and supported a team that know how to win - obviously you are only a Jonah for the other teams, not La Creme - Mancie would be proud of you
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2013, 17:51   #212
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Thank you Jay, at last you have shown your true colours and supported a team that know how to win - obviously you are only a Jonah for the other teams, not La Creme - Mancie would be proud of you
Barrie Yates likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 22:34   #213
Senior Member+
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Mentioning Mancie - anyone have any idea of what is happening? Anyone have an alternative contact address that they could use to find out if he is OK?
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 08:20   #214
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Mentioning Mancie - anyone have any idea of what is happening? Anyone have an alternative contact address that they could use to find out if he is OK?
Nearly sure his brother comes on here occasionally, there was a thread started a while back about where Mancie had disappeared to, but nothing materialised, as I said then Mancie and myself weren't the best of friends, but I hope the guys okay especially knowing he isn't in the best of health anyway.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:58   #215
Senior Member+
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

No treble this year, a good game to watch and I think United were going OK until the ridiculous red card - Nani was watching the ball when Arbolea went into him. If we had a cat it would get a good kicking.
Surprised that Rooney didn't start but guessed his idea was to bring him and others on part way into the second half and really pressure Real.
It now makes Sunday a difficult one to call - will La Creme be off the boil or will they come out all fired up - all the makings of another good game. Could still be the league and the FA Cup double as the SAF swan song
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:20   #216
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
No treble this year, a good game to watch and I think United were going OK until the ridiculous red card - Nani was watching the ball when Arbolea went into him. If we had a cat it would get a good kicking.
Surprised that Rooney didn't start but guessed his idea was to bring him and others on part way into the second half and really pressure Real.
It now makes Sunday a difficult one to call - will La Creme be off the boil or will they come out all fired up - all the makings of another good game. Could still be the league and the FA Cup double as the SAF swan song
Well I have to say Barrie that that red card was absolutely ridiculous to say the least, if ever one decision changed a game that did. What surprised me even more was that Roy Keane, speaking after the match said the red card was totally justified. Another baffling thing was Rooney being on the bench, its being suggested in the press this morning that he could be moving towards the door at United, and as for SAF swan song, you know something we don't
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 15:04   #217
Senior Member+
 
gynn's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

They say that these things always even themselves out eventually, so maybe some time in the dim and distant future, Manchester United will get a dodgy refereeing decision in their favour at Old Trafford.

Is it time for my medication yet, doctor?
cashman, jaysay and Alan Varrechia like this.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 17:17   #218
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
They say that these things always even themselves out eventually, so maybe some time in the dim and distant future, Manchester United will get a dodgy refereeing decision in their favour at Old Trafford.

Is it time for my medication yet, doctor?
Ya do you suffer from forgetfulness gynn
gynn likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:28   #219
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Well, good result for the Pool today against Spurs, sitting at 6th now & what were the Mankies playing at ? Nearly got it stuck to them again by Chelski !
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:47   #220
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well, good result for the Pool today against Spurs, sitting at 6th now & what were the Mankies playing at ? Nearly got it stuck to them again by Chelski !
Was a good Game Dave, the little Peruvians goal was worth the entrance money on its own, good enjoyable game
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 18:09   #221
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well, good result for the Pool today against Spurs, sitting at 6th now & what were the Mankies playing at ? Nearly got it stuck to them again by Chelski !
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...22492745_n.jpg

This looks like a well trained dog Dave
cashman likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:14   #222
Senior Member+
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Well somebody's full of crap.????? Watched three games on the tube today, unfortunately the first one was the Rovers, I suppose Millwall are a tough team to play when you have no skill, what an awful game and 0-0 was just about right. Next was United and Chelsea, a great game, United were totally in control the first half but Chelsea proved that they have some great players and had United on the ropes for the second 45. Then Liverpool and Spurs, another great game with Liverpool just about worth the 3 points, totally enjoyable.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:53   #223
Senior Member+
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well, good result for the Pool today against Spurs, sitting at 6th now & what were the Mankies playing at ? Nearly got it stuck to them again by Chelski !
I hear the scousers are having an open top bus parade having won three - yes three, consecutive games.

My lot were great in the first half but the midfield just fell apart in the second - never seen so many misplaced passes in a match from them - complacency, over confident, who knows

A Rovers v United final is still a possibility, be like Christmas and my Birthday coming early - I hope it works out that way Jay
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46   #224
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I hear the scousers are having an open top bus parade having won three - yes three, consecutive games.

My lot were great in the first half but the midfield just fell apart in the second - never seen so many misplaced passes in a match from them - complacency, over confident, who knows

A Rovers v United final is still a possibility, be like Christmas and my Birthday coming early - I hope it works out that way Jay
I would hope it does, Can't see past Wigan v Whoever though.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:50   #225
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I hear the scousers are having an open top bus parade having won three - yes three, consecutive games.

My lot were great in the first half but the midfield just fell apart in the second - never seen so many misplaced passes in a match from them - complacency, over confident, who knows

A Rovers v United final is still a possibility, be like Christmas and my Birthday coming early - I hope it works out that way Jay
Well the plus point of a Rovers v United final Barrie would mean Rovers would be playing in Europe next season two and a half years earlier than Venky's predicted, but at the moment I'm looking no further than Wednesday night, knowing Rovers that could just be end of the road
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 13:35.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.39489 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1