Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2013, 21:18   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Luis Suarez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Correction noted sir.... nasty potato faced Manc mick whatever day or year....
I was aiming to see if that would be recalled, Had me doubts,cos as i said the fans are like owd red nose,"Selective Memory"
Old 24-04-2013, 22:32   #17

Bout sums it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21221_10201094655916351_1792527272_n.jpg (17.3 KB, 14 views)
jaysay likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 22:59   #18
Full Member+

Amazing how the FA use technology for this , yet if a ball goes over the goaline and ref misses it , his decision stands . Do the FA use technology ???? only when it suits.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 06:19   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Amazing how the FA use technology for this , yet if a ball goes over the goaline and ref misses it , his decision stands . Do the FA use technology ???? only when it suits.
Thats me whole point greeny, The F.A. have always been very selective, Complete waste of space in my eyes.
Old 25-04-2013, 16:14   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Who is to say Mr Yates? Maybe Roy Keane ref: his 1997 tackle on Alf-Inge Haaland?
I think that if you take the trouble to look up the facts , Roy Keane admitted in his book that he had deliberately set out to injure Haaland.
Old 25-04-2013, 16:17   #21
God Member

Maybe the problem is the game of football itself ... or, rather, what it has become in the BIG leagues, with the expensive superstars. Some of us can remember when it was a man's game, played by men. I don't think I'm the only one still around on here who can remember the 1958 Cup Final (back in the day when the FA Cup meant something), when Nat Lofthouse bundled Harry Gregg into the net to score a goal. Now, seems like you can't fart in the general direction of an opponent without getting a yellow. A bunch of overpaid, wimpish prima donnas whose major contribution to the game is rolling around in fake agony in order to draw a free kick or get an opponent carded. Not surprising that frustrations build up, and sometimes burst out in, let's say, inappropriate ways, whether it be a rascist slur or a chomp on someone's arm. There is way too much cheap, chippy stuff going on. And the reffing! Absolute garbage. I don't know of any other sport where the officiating is so bad, or so controversial. In hockey, for example, there are very few questioned calls ... sometimes whole games go by without even one. And I've watched games in which a whole period goes by without a single penalty being called.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 16:24   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Utter crap,whilst some tackles do fall into a "Grey Area" no doubt, some obviously don't, deliberately stamping on another player fer instance, I find it rather pathetic a united fan thinks this way, but its easy fer any sensible fan to see what i'm on about.
Was it too difficult for you to understand?
Just carry on backing up your mate Don Quixote, you both spout the same garbled rubbish
Of course deliberately stamping is a pre-meditated action and should be punished accordingly - hence my "intent to injure" phrase, many other - as you say "Grey Area" tackles, and elbows/forearms, can only be known to the perpetrator as to whether they are a deliberate attampt to injure an opponent
Old 25-04-2013, 17:40   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Bout sums it up!

Love it Alan just love it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:45   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Was it too difficult for you to understand?
Just carry on backing up your mate Don Quixote, you both spout the same garbled rubbish
Of course deliberately stamping is a pre-meditated action and should be punished accordingly - hence my "intent to injure" phrase, many other - as you say "Grey Area" tackles, and elbows/forearms, can only be known to the perpetrator as to whether they are a deliberate attampt to injure an opponent
The only Grey areas at United were those Grey shirts they wore at Southampton a few years ago, when they got whacked 6-3 they blamed it on not being able to pick their team mates out because of the background
Old 26-04-2013, 05:55   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only Grey areas at United were those Grey shirts they wore at Southampton a few years ago, when they got whacked 6-3 they blamed it on not being able to pick their team mates out because of the background
Quite right Jay - I don't think they have ever worn grey again.
Mind you, with all the colour changes every season, who can lkeep up. I feel sorry for families with a couple of kids or so, who fork out every year for the new strips - applies to a lot of clubs, really annoys me.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 08:14   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Quite right Jay - I don't think they have ever worn grey again.
Mind you, with all the colour changes every season, who can lkeep up. I feel sorry for families with a couple of kids or so, who fork out every year for the new strips - applies to a lot of clubs, really annoys me.
Annoys me too Barrie, especially when shirts cost around £40 a throw, When you think about it a new second strip every year is ridiculous I think the Rovers have 3 different away strips, why?, if theirs a clash with blue what's wrong with one second strip. They change the home strip nearly every season too, why how many ways are there to produce a blue and white halved shirt United are much the same, but because of their world wide standing its magnified immensely, think they must have 3 away shirts too, plus a special kit for European matches. I used to buy Rovers shirts mainly because its what I wear around the house, and they are easy to wash, but I refuse to buy anything from Rovers Store while Venky's own the club they aren't getting any of my money
Old 24-06-2014, 19:12   #27
I am Banned

Well well well......

3 bites and you are out.

"Discuss"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 19:21   #28
I am Banned

pinching Cashman's original line..

" I reckon Suarez has had his last taste of World Cup Football"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 19:32   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
pinching Cashman's original line..

" I reckon Suarez has had his last taste of World Cup Football"
Nah mate! He was feeling a tad peckish & fancied an Italian.
mobertol likes this.
Old 24-06-2014, 20:35   #30
I am Banned

Luis Suarez is the Mike Tyson of football.
accytom101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..