Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2014, 23:16   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Luis Suarez.

Probably play fer the African Cannibals next season.
Old 25-06-2014, 00:56   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Probably play for the African Cannibals next season.
Maybe Mr C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suarez2jpeg.jpg (92.9 KB, 9 views)
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 11:49   #33
Full Member+

He should be banned from playing football for life , had he been a dog he would be put down. Get him muzzled.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 11:55   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Fifa: "So Mr.Suarez what's your excuse for biting Chiellini?"

L.S: "Chiellini? Chiellini? I thought it was Languini!"
Old 25-06-2014, 12:50   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally,reckon hes got a slate loose n needs to see a shrink.
Old 25-06-2014, 13:34   #36
Beacon of light

I know nothing of football, but what I do know is that it is behaviour that would not be acceptable in primary school.....and seeing the footage he was seen to be holding his mouth like it had been an accidental contact.....this, to me shows he knew exactly what he was doing, and tried to cover his very bad behaviour.
He should not be allowed to play competitive football ever again.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 14:34   #37
Full Member+

I agree with you Margaret, he should be banned for life. I hope the fella he bit sues him for assault. I have maintained for long enough that he should be in Equity for the way he acts throwing himself about for absolutely nothing.
Greeny likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 14:11   #38
Full Member+

He been suspended for 7 games , pathetic. He been fined 100,000 swiss francs but thats nowt with the wages he is on. The mans a disgrace .
Old 26-06-2014, 15:30   #39
God Member

The Italian media hasn't gone to town over this incident like the British press seems to have done. Probably because of the latest "Balotelli" bad-boy behaviour and comments/their worst ever showing at a world cup in God knows how long /resignation of the Manager (Prandelli) and President of the FA...among other things which have over-shadowed Suarez's "snack attack".
I watched the match and saw the incident - it ranks for me alongside Zidane's head-butt in the 2006 final -again against an Italian player. Slap on the wrist and he kept a low profile for a while until the dust settled on it and his name now seems to remain untarnished.
The same will happen in this case - a fine which is a drop in the ocean for him to pay and eventually it will be 'forgotten' and he will be acclaimed a football legend somewhere down the line.

Great message that FIFA sends out - what happened to all that Fair Play jazz?

From the FIFA site "Fair play is a fundamental part of the game of football. It represents the positive benefits of playing by the rules, using common sense and respecting fellow players, referees, opponents and fans."

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 15:36   #40
Full Member+

it just been on Radio Lancs that he also been banned from ALL football for 4 months , making it Oct before he can play.Meanwhile Liverpool announce they will be looking into the FIFA punishment before they decide on what they are doing as they will not tolerate that behaviour.
mobertol likes this.
Old 26-06-2014, 18:09   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The way i see it, is the guys got off very lightly in my view, Uraguay say they are going to appeal, Then if Uraguay fail to see theres a problem, then F.I.F.A. should also ban them simple as.
Old 26-06-2014, 21:04   #42
Senior Member+

suarez a genius with a ball but a prat with his teeth
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 21:25   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
suarez a genius with a ball but a prat with his teeth
Agree, not sure F.I.F.A. are correct thought in suspending him fer club matches? been much better ordering him to see a shrink,along wi international ban.
Old 26-06-2014, 22:20   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Agree, not sure F.I.F.A. are correct thought in suspending him fer club matches? been much better ordering him to see a shrink,along wi international ban.
Agreed, not dealing a full deck in my view.
Old 26-06-2014, 23:07   #45
I am Banned

Quote:
His previous nibble so to speak was for his club Ol'
So what you saying let him still play for Liverpool at the risk of him doing it again?
Better ban him from all football until the people in white coats say he won't do it again.
And hey Cantona got a longer ban in my opinion for a lesser offence.
*manc wa*k that he was*
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..