Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 20:50   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Luis Suarez.

See hes finally tasted Champions League Success.
Old 21-04-2013, 21:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Luis Suarez.

I blame the nutritionists, they told him to eat more bran.
cashman likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 08:23   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I blame the nutritionists, they told him to eat more bran.
Not much bran in a Chelski shirt
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 10:51   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not much bran in a Chelski shirt
There is when BRANislav Ivanovic is wearing it.
Old 23-04-2013, 22:57   #5
Senior Member+

It is obviously Jay that has triggered this onslaught - since he dropped the scousers from his list of supported teams, Cannibal could not contain his frustration.
I considered the request to donate his fine to the Hillsborough Families to be very a very cynical attempt to garner some support, which has apparently backfired and caused some embarrassment - the club should have banned him for a number of games just as United did with Cantona.
Liverpool used to have a reputation for being a hard club but they were respected in the days of Paisley et al - not any longer.
Let us hope that the FA resolve it quickly and then we can try and put it behind us.
Old 24-04-2013, 15:43   #6
Full Member+

Hope the other fella doesn't get rabies. 10 match ban for this disgusting act and rightly so.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 15:50   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me it should be a matter of perspective, The F.A. do sod all about very dangerous tackles which could end a players career,Suarez deserves a big ban no doubt, but end of the day a bite is more likely to hurt yeh, than end yer career, This just demonstrates again how useless the F.A. are.
Old 24-04-2013, 16:01   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me it should be a matter of perspective, The F.A. do sod all about very dangerous tackles which could end a players career,Suarez deserves a big ban no doubt, but end of the day a bite is more likely to hurt yeh, than end yer career, This just demonstrates again how useless the F.A. are.
The question of "intent to injure" must be taken into consideration. What Suarez did obviously falls into that category but who is to say that some of the tackles, even though they look horrific, were made with "intent to injure".
I see that the scousers are moaning again that this is too severe a punishment. Are the owners going to jump in again and tell the day by day management to shut up?
It will be interesting to see if they do appeal the length of the ban by midday Friday.
One thing that did amuse me about all this was when Cannibal suddenly started limping and clutching his stomach some time after the bite.
Old 24-04-2013, 17:10   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Spot on cashy, punishment by headlines is the FAs stock answer, if it placates the southern press it's fine, Suarez needed punishing but along with that a promise to get him help which he quite honestly needs.
Old 24-04-2013, 17:23   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The question of "intent to injure" must be taken into consideration. What Suarez did obviously falls into that category but who is to say that some of the tackles, even though they look horrific, were made with "intent to injure".
I see that the scousers are moaning again that this is too severe a punishment. Are the owners going to jump in again and tell the day by day management to shut up?
It will be interesting to see if they do appeal the length of the ban by midday Friday.
One thing that did amuse me about all this was when Cannibal suddenly started limping and clutching his stomach some time after the bite.
Utter crap,whilst some tackles do fall into a "Grey Area" no doubt, some obviously don't, deliberately stamping on another player fer instance, I find it rather pathetic a united fan thinks this way, but its easy fer any sensible fan to see what i'm on about.
Old 24-04-2013, 17:46   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Utter crap,whilst some tackles do fall into a "Grey Area" no doubt, some obviously don't, deliberately stamping on another player fer instance, I find it rather pathetic a united fan thinks this way, but its easy fer any sensible fan to see what i'm on about.
You mean fans like you, that have actually been to a game cashy, not just watched "their" team pick trophies up from the comfort of their armchair
Old 24-04-2013, 17:59   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You mean fans like you, that have actually been to a game cashy, not just watched "their" team pick trophies up from the comfort of their armchair
Thing is jaysay, they think on the same lines as owd red nose!! If it suits united its right. Me point was about perspectives n the F.A. What part of "Suarez deserves a big ban" they can't grasp,is completely beyond comprehension!! But then Fergy only sees what he wants to see also.
Old 24-04-2013, 20:11   #13
I am Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I see that the scousers are moaning again
Who is to say Mr Yates? Maybe Roy Keane ref: his 1997 tackle on Alf-Inge Haaland?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 20:36   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Who is to say Mr Yates? Maybe Roy Keane ref: his 1997 tackle on Alf-Inge Haaland?
Nowt in the `97 one DP ( injured himself ), 2001 was the bad one.
Old 24-04-2013, 20:52   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Nowt in the `97 one DP ( injured himself ), 2001 was the bad one.
Correction noted sir.... nasty potato faced Manc mick whatever day or year....
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..