Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By cmonstanley
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 16:30   #1
JFT96

Manchester United's future under David 'The Chosen One' Moyes

We have all been told to give David Moyes and the team time, initially 10 games, the 15, now 20....
So this is how I see things panning out for the Chosen one, he has a 6 year contract, he was chosen by sir Alex and Man Utd are not a club to get rid of managers just because they have some bad results.
To be honest if they did get rid of him, he is reportedly 6 million a year plus the Backroom Staff, so the payout would put a big dent in the transfer kitty.
Manchester United have a ageing squad, and are need of a major rebuild, so to sack Moyes before he has time to stamp his mark on the club is not fair.
Still I found this of interest on another forum:

Jan-Feb..you'll be looking at your next few fixtures concentrating on the fact you think you can win them. Then you'll be certain those above you will drop points. Unfortunately football is a funny ol' game and by the end of Feb you'll still be outside the top 4 and a few points worse off.

March..the thoughts turn to wishing to catch up to a top 4 place. The realization starts to hit that you're pushing for a Europa League place.

April-May.. the debate starts in earnest about wanting to be in the Mickey Mouse League and playing on Thursdays-Sundays. Some will say you need to be in Europe to continue to attract top talent. Others will claim if Liverpool could be outside Europe and climb into the top 4 then that is what you should do as well. One season won't be bad. Just concentrate on the League, that's all you need to do next season under Moyes with no European distractions.

Of course from my perspective, Moyes has had years of concentrating on the League and bouncing in and out of the Europa League. That's what he does so well. The Summer will come along, he has his scouts in place looking for his kind of player. Welcome to his world, not yours.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2014, 17:42   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Manchester United's future under David 'The Chosen One' Moyes

Must admit (though grudgingly as a Scouse Red) I like Davy Moyse & what he did with the Toffee's, I like him even more now he's causing the Mankys to wet themselves.

That said though, I reckon he'll turn it round eventually & before you know it the Mankys will be back to their smug, obnoxious, irritating selves.

But in the mean time ..........
Boeing Guy, Gremlin and Stevie R like this.
Old 08-01-2014, 18:17   #3
God Member

the worst mistake he made was getting rid of all the backroom staff.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 08-01-2014, 18:18   #4
JFT96

I cannot see him going anywhere with them, he never did with Everton and as Cmon says, backroom staff gone....

Old 08-01-2014, 18:25   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I cannot see him going anywhere with them, he never did with Everton and as Cmon says, backroom staff gone....
Mind you BG you know when a manager is struggling when you read headlines like "we're playing the Refs too"
Old 08-01-2014, 18:38   #6
JFT96

Absolutely, let's see if the FA do anything other than investigate. .....

Old 08-01-2014, 18:39   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I cannot see him going anywhere with them, he never did with Everton
Ah, he may not have brougt in any "Silver" per se, but towards the end of his tenure, the Blues were definitely looking better for his efforts after being in the shadows for many years.

Like I say though, given time & the big fat book of cheques at the theatre of screams, I reckon he'll get better & the Mankys ....... well they'll be back to being Mankys.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 09-01-2014, 16:05   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mind you BG you know when a manager is struggling when you read headlines like "we're playing the Refs too"
As the Dodger has just been fined for
Old 10-01-2014, 06:37   #9
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Fair enough, but if there is any justice, so should the Moyesiah. ...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:51   #10
JFT96

Nearly won Manager of the month, so close, story of his life really.....
BBC Sport - Manchester City's Manuel Pellegrini wins manager of month

Also he could lose his star striker......
Jose Mourinho holds out for Wayne Rooney summer deal after rejecting strikers offered to Chelsea during window - Telegraph

Old 10-01-2014, 15:47   #11
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
And the Moyesiah is in trouble too
Good to see the FA are doing their job.

Old 10-01-2014, 19:08   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Nearly won Manager of the month
Is it any wonder, he's certainly made himself popular with other Clubs by letting them get easy points.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..