Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2013, 15:06   #151
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Not quite as crap a weekend as recent ones have been - better than getting beaten. The scousers didn't do any better and they were playing against 10 men - a couple of bad decisions by the officials, perhaps they were invited to the Welcome Back KK extravaganza.
Better for Stanley too, let us hope they can kick on from here.
And the deadwoods? well, only a question of time before they started to play at their normal level, but at last they seem to be achieving their objective. Worst of all for them is that Burnley have almost twice the number of points and are top of the league
Nice to see you have not lost faith Barrie, yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, i do believe in David Moyes, as long as the board carry on believeing then things should work out quite nice, well for us anyway.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2013, 16:54   #152
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Nice to see you have not lost faith Barrie, yes there is light at the end of the tunnel, i do believe in David Moyes, as long as the board carry on believeing then things should work out quite nice, well for us anyway.
Long way to go yet, all he needs to do is let Foolani go out on loan to someone like the deadwoods
Old 23-10-2013, 20:47   #153
JFT96

Tough night for 'la Creme' at home, tough side to beat. I mean imagine the opposition scoring a Own Goal in the first two minutes, then you have to slog it out till the last minute.
Pure league winning stuff.

David Moyes, The Chosen One.
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Old 24-10-2013, 22:45   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Tough night for 'la Creme' at home, tough side to beat. I mean imagine the opposition scoring a Own Goal in the first two minutes, then you have to slog it out till the last minute.
Pure league winning stuff.

David Moyes, The Chosen One.
Still unbeaten in the CL this season - of course, silly me, you lot have forgotten what the CL is as it is so long since you were in it
Old 25-10-2013, 07:42   #155
JFT96

Quote:
Still unbeaten in the CL this season - of course, silly me, you lot have forgotten what the CL is as it is so long since you were in it
Fair enough, but that is your legacy, passed down from old red nose.
But of course we all know David Moyes keeps proving you don't have to win to be a winner
Who knows you might make it into the semi final.

Tough weekend for you this weekend Stoke at Old Trafford.

Keep the faith Barrie, all non Man U fans are counting on you, David ' The Chosen One' needs time to give United the same knowledge he gave to Everton.

Every day I wake up and remember David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United, then I know it is going to be a good day.

Old 25-10-2013, 09:19   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fair enough, but that is your legacy, passed down from old red nose.
But of course we all know David Moyes keeps proving you don't have to win to be a winner
Who knows you might make it into the semi final.

Tough weekend for you this weekend Stoke at Old Trafford.

Keep the faith Barrie, all non Man U fans are counting on you, David ' The Chosen One' needs time to give United the same knowledge he gave to Everton.

Every day I wake up and remember David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United, then I know it is going to be a good day.
Better than waking up and finding that the scousers have once again consistently failed to maintain the extremely low standards that they have set themselves
Old 25-10-2013, 10:05   #157
JFT96

Quote:
Better than waking up and finding that the scousers have once again consistently failed to maintain the extremely low standards that they have set themselves
Oooh since the start of this season Man U have won 3, lost 3 and drawn 2.
While we have only won 5, drawn 2 and lost 1.
I can only hope our low standards keep going

Keep believing in David Moyes, I am sure the side that walked the Premiership last year will be able to finish 4th in a league, maybe their CL group?

Interestingly I just found this:

Old 25-10-2013, 10:57   #158
JFT96

As much as I don't like doing Cmon style postings, this is a good read of Man U under David Moyes, so far.
Where has it gone wrong for Manchester United and David Moyes? | Football | theguardian.com

I particularly like the last comment
Quote:
By no measure is the current United squad one of the club's finest, but the fact remains that it secured last season's title before the end of April and contains a goodly number of players still improving. Consequently, Moyes's lack of respect for its credentials served only to suggest his own shortcomings, because ultimately, there are only three differences between this season's United and last: a player signed by David Moyes, men employed by David Moyes and David Moyes

Old 25-10-2013, 18:15   #159
Senior Member+

Moyes is playing Fellaini in the players preferred defensive midfield role.
However, he is also playing Carrick alongside him which leaves a lack of central midfielders breaking forward into the box.
Moyes didn't have the same tactic at Everton, he always had a holding midfielder but he also encouraged the other 2 central midfielders (Everton 95% of the time played 4-5-1) to get forward in support.
At Everton, Fellaini was used far more as an attacking central midfielder, similar to the way Tim Cahill was used by Moyes, filling the space behind the striker and acting as a target man.
But this is not his preferred position, and while he is effective as a supporting midfielder, he is best IMO in a box to box player.

I cant believe Kagawa has not been used more.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 18:20   #160
Senior Member+

And as I have stated previously, you wont win a thing under Moyes (fergies charity shield not included).
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 09:17   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Moyes is playing Fellaini in the players preferred defensive midfield role.
However, he is also playing Carrick alongside him which leaves a lack of central midfielders breaking forward into the box.
Moyes didn't have the same tactic at Everton, he always had a holding midfielder but he also encouraged the other 2 central midfielders (Everton 95% of the time played 4-5-1) to get forward in support.
At Everton, Fellaini was used far more as an attacking central midfielder, similar to the way Tim Cahill was used by Moyes, filling the space behind the striker and acting as a target man.
But this is not his preferred position, and while he is effective as a supporting midfielder, he is best IMO in a box to box player.

I cant believe Kagawa has not been used more.
Fellaini was a big player in a mediocre team - he has a lot to learn yet about fulfilling the same role at United - only time will tell whether he can
raise his game to fit into the United role. Kagawa shows promise but still has a way to go - perhaps he needs the match fitness.
Moyes still has a way to go in determining his best team and formation. We have been this many points, and more, behind but have still triumphed at the end of the season
Old 26-10-2013, 16:11   #162
JFT96

Quite a nail biting afternoon, I seriously thought that a team who likely to be relagated were going to steal a easy win at the Manc's. Thankfully they managed to turn it into a win, to be fair though, Stoke have only managed to beat Crystal Palace and West Ham in the league this season, hardly title winning teams. Phew I thought that maybe the Moysiah was in danger of losing his job before Christmas, if he can keep these standards we should have at least a season for him to help transfom Man U into the new Everton.

Quote:
Glad to see the lads kept to their low standards Barrie, we are only 6 places higher than you
Good to see Stanley getting a win and Blackburn salvaged a point as well, so a good weekend all round.

Old 26-10-2013, 17:36   #163
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

See Moysie pulled it round for the Manky U's today, still up to half time I assume he was having a severe case of "hoopitis".
Old 26-10-2013, 17:41   #164
God Member

Watched the Utd. game today ... this is the kind of coming from behind that they need ... not a great fan (not even a little one); but I did get the sense that folks were writing them off too soon. Maybe at last the EPL is becoming more like major league baseball in that any team can beat any other team ... once that is established it all boils down to heart, guts, and history ... along with a slight edge in skill. With their world class goal tending, talented youngsters, and quality veterans they will be in there at the end of the season. I think today might be the turning point. They got off to a lousy start this season, but this game could be the end of the beginning (thanks, Winnie).
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 17:49   #165
God Member

Oh, and I think Nani should be packing his bags.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..