Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2013, 17:15   #211
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

We will see Barrie, We will see
Yes we will and finishing above the scousers is always one of our targets, along with the league, the CL and any other pots we can pick up along the way
Yes, we played absolute crap against the scousers, but what does that say for them - we won. If we can play crap and win then so be it
No one with a even a modicum of sense could expect SAF to be bettered or even equalled La Crème look to the long term - pity you can't say the same about the scousers - how many managers has there been there in the last 25 years or so? - How much longer will the Beano man get before Enery decides you aren't going anywhere with him except mid-table mediocrity
Should be an easy weekend for you, a bit more difficult for us but only time will tell. Rooting for Stanley to carry on with their resurgence and of course it has got to be a bad weekend for the deadwoods as no doubt they will have a match
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2013, 18:59   #212
JFT96

The problem is, the Mancs have replaced one of the greatest managers in the industry with one who is mediocre. Then against the advice of the former incumbent the new manager changes the whole backroom staff. The result, inconsistencies, winning a few losing a few. He may pick the odd cup up here or there, but this manager has history, 10 years of mid table.
The situation Man U are in is very similar to that of Liverpool under Souness. Only a rose tinnted manc would not see this.

We however have a forward thinking manager, who is trying to build a team that plays good good football and wins. Its a long road, he has money and the backing of the owners.

Having said all this already, I am now sick of repeating myself. I have been waiting 11 games to see the rise of the mancs.......

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 15:15   #213
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=

Having said all this already, I am now sick of repeating myself. I have been waiting 11 games to see the rise of the mancs.......[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but weren't we more than 3 points behind the scousers only a few weeks ago? Could well be that we are level when you start tomorrow, but maybe not. However with half a season to go, 3 points behind your lot is not too difficult a margin to overcome

It never was going to be easy for Moyes because he followed the greatest PL manager. In comparison, the Beano man found it much easier to improve on the crap that he replaced - but he has still to prove himself by winning something worthwhile
Old 30-11-2013, 22:44   #214
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
but he has still to prove himself by winning something worthwhile
I'd say September 1st 2013 would count.
Old 01-12-2013, 16:47   #215
JFT96

Would have been nice to win, but sonetimes things just don't go your way.
Still we are still in the top three, a vast improvement on last years position at this time, 11th?

Old 01-12-2013, 17:14   #216
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Boeing Guy;1086082]Would have been nice to win, but sonetimes things just don't go your way.
QUOTE]

Bit of a stuffing but that is the way the league is, particularly this season. I suspect there will be many more twists & turns before the end of this season. Waiting to see MoD tonight then I can comment on La Crème

Chelsea being outplayed in the first half, Southampton certainly aren't dummies.

Arsenal still going strong but they have some tough games to come in December.

What happened to Stanley, they just don't seem able to string a few wins together but at least they are out of the drop zone

I hear that Blackburn have called for an increase in blood donors - so many deadwood supporters and the team are having nosebleeds as a result of the heights they have achieved
Old 02-12-2013, 18:29   #217
Senior Member+

Not thrilled by the match at all, but 1 point at Spurs is better than NIL Points at Hull - only 2 points behind the scousers now but a much more difficult month ahead for La Creme
Old 04-12-2013, 21:47   #218
JFT96

Nice to see a bounce back from our hicup at the weekend. 5-1 pretty good.
Only 3 points between us and Chelsea

Funny though I thought the Mancs were catching us, somthing about us being a mid table club???? The gaps now 5 points, still David Moyes has finally managed to get Everton a win at Manchester United
Eric and Alan Varrechia like this.

Old 05-12-2013, 14:59   #219
Senior Member+

What an absolute load of crap - thought I was watching the scousers on one of their normal days.
Can't guess what medication, legal or optherwise that Moyes is taking but..........
Is he the only one who can't see that Fuzzhead is not anywhere the United standard and to play Giggs for two full consecutive games. Smalling is not yet a PL centre half, in time maybe, and he certainly needs to include Nani plus a few others in a January fire sale.
We just don't have a play making attacking midfielder, a couple of promising striker/ attacking midfielders are making their marks in a big way out on loan but we need someone now.
Just hoping that they have been working on someone leading up to the January window.
Old 05-12-2013, 15:24   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Lets be honest fuzzhead apart, these are owd red noses gems, he sure knew when to bail out.
Boeing Guy and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 05-12-2013, 15:54   #221
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
What an absolute load of crap - thought I was watching the scousers on one of their normal days.
Can't guess what medication, legal or optherwise that Moyes is taking but..........
Is he the only one who can't see that Fuzzhead is not anywhere the United standard and to play Giggs for two full consecutive games. Smalling is not yet a PL centre half, in time maybe, and he certainly needs to include Nani plus a few others in a January fire sale.
We just don't have a play making attacking midfielder, a couple of promising striker/ attacking midfielders are making their marks in a big way out on loan but we need someone now.
Just hoping that they have been working on someone leading up to the January window.
I am sure there are a few at Everton who will no doubt be in 'The Chosen One's' sights

Old 05-12-2013, 16:17   #222
JFT96

In less than 15 League games, David Moyes has turned a Premiership winning side, with a long history of winning and being feared by other clubs, in to 9th....
Even Souness did not do this to us.
Just wait until he buys some more of his own, this is his predicessors side, you know the most sucessful manager in the premier league history.
Its better than car crash tv

Old 07-12-2013, 14:40   #223
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Never mind they are still 9th after Newcastle,
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 07-12-2013, 16:55   #224
JFT96

2nd place, good old Stoke.
The day just gets better, not bad for a team that were wrote off by Barrie as a 'mid table'club

Old 07-12-2013, 17:36   #225
Senior Member+

I must be feeling like a scouser normally does. I think that United need to go down the scouse road and get rid of this manager - after all, the scousers have gone through 9 managers in the last 30 thirty years, maybe that has eventually worked for them.
Mind you, not the only unexpected result today, or even in the past few weeks.
I haven't seen the game, don't even know who was playing, but Moyes certainly does not grasp the need to sort things out. Time for United to ring the changes now before it gets any worse?
SAF was certainly a good, arguably great, assessor of football talent. Unfortunately his assessment of managers does not appear to be anywhere that level.
My guess, despite the "clubspeak" in public, is that the players have little, if any, confidence in Moyes.
We will see when the spatially challenged lady sings.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..