Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 16:52   #226
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Well your through to the knock out stages in the CL, your record in Europe is pretty good. The man has only been in charge for 15 league games and there is talk of him being replaced. .....
He inherited a ageing side in need of rebuilding, if you get rid of him now your destined to repeat the past of many a great football club.
In all seriousness Barrie you need to hang on to Rooney and RVP, without them mid table it is.
I could say I am not laughing, but it wiukd be a massive lie.

Remember he was chosen by the great Sir Alex Ferguson, so how can you all him.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33   #227
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well your through to the knock out stages in the CL, your record in Europe is pretty good. The man has only been in charge for 15 league games and there is talk of him being replaced. .....
He inherited a ageing side in need of rebuilding, if you get rid of him now your destined to repeat the past of many a great football club.
In all seriousness Barrie you need to hang on to Rooney and RVP, without them mid table it is.
I could say I am not laughing, but it wiukd be a massive lie.

Remember he was chosen by the great Sir Alex Ferguson, so how can you all him.
Got to agree with you - a rare occasion I know, but something has got to change.
Yes, he inherited the PL Champions but even last season it was obvious that the squad was in serious need of new talent. One just doesn't know what went on behind the scenes - I still feel that the change of Manager and CEO - who did all the negotiations, should not have happened at the same time. I hope that targets are already in the window for January, we will see.
I do believe that we have been so many points adrift previously yet still went on to win the PL and also qualified for the CL.
Hope springs eternal
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16   #228
JFT96

I think its fairly safe to say you won't win the title this year, Man U have scored 8 at home this season, Liverpool 9 at home, since Wednesday.

You have a new manager who's methods and ideas are vastly different than the man he repaces, he needs to have a clear out in Jan and bring some new talent in. His side may have won the league last season, but that was under a very powerful manager. He did not have much chance to stengthen his team in the summer and should be given time to change the squad.

The players know how to win, is it the managers fault they have lost the desire to win, Feggie would never have acepted such a shambles, I think the fans should get behind the manager and support him 100%.
Walking out near the end of game is attrocious, David Moyes must be given more time.

Old 08-12-2013, 14:03   #229
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What really bothers me,is the fact that some of these young failures (So Far) seem to inhabit our world cup squad. Seems England must reckon, Oh they play fer united they must be good.
Old 08-12-2013, 18:58   #230
Senior Member+

why cant saha get near the team yet wellbeck cant hit a barn door and gets lots of playing time?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 18:43   #231

All the kids will want one of these when it snows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1472911_668865713135657_1822032464_n.jpg (23.2 KB, 11 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 16:08   #232
Senior Member+

Dear Oh Dear - so the deadwood gang aren't content just to be a crap team, but now they are alleged to have fixed games, receiving bribes to throw games or pick up cards Must be the culture
Old 11-12-2013, 18:12   #233

Another that made me laugh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1391751_611189472273814_1207199732_n.jpg (19.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 14-12-2013, 14:21   #234

They just get better and better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 996745_432680470165472_1017119755_n.jpg (27.6 KB, 8 views)
Guinness, cashman, jaysay and 1 others like this.
Old 14-12-2013, 17:51   #235
JFT96

Robin Van Persie injured and out for 8 games:
BBC Sport - Robin van Persie: Man Utd striker out for a month with thigh injury

Its only a matter of time until Davy and his boys are steaming back to the top of the Prem like a train........

And here's the train now

cashman, jaysay and Alan Varrechia like this.

Old 15-12-2013, 16:35   #236
JFT96

Yet again, Smug Mode

Old 15-12-2013, 17:00   #237
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
.......damned sure we will be ahead of your lot once again
Whenever your ready Barrie, just remind me, how many did you win against Tottenham two weeks ago?

Old 16-12-2013, 03:17   #238
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whenever your ready Barrie, just remind me, how many did you win against Tottenham two weeks ago?
It is the games to come that matter. Not a bad one to win last night even though VP was missing - how are the scousers going to do when Chipmunk is out injured or he has had a another nibble at somebodies arm or shoulder. The way Spurs have played in the last couple of matches perhaps need them to be included in the match fixing investigation along with the deadwood gang
Old 16-12-2013, 03:20   #239
Senior Member+

Quote:
The games to come are the ones to matter.
Any truth that the bookies are laying odds on when the chipmunk is going to bite someone else, sure there was something about that and that it is being investigated as part of the match fixing scandal
Old 16-12-2013, 05:16   #240
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Seems the Chipmunk isn't the only one biting!
Boeing Guy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..