Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2014, 18:59   #286
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Final Whistle

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2014, 20:13   #287
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I don't care how many points we are ahead of your lot
Thats got to be the misquote of the year!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33   #288
JFT96

Quote:
Oh dear, I am somewhat surprised that Dodger isn't claiming that the ref coming from south of the Watford Gap was biased

Looks like the Moysaih is a bit cheesed off with the odd ref as well........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25571428

Old 02-01-2014, 12:49   #289
JFT96

Alan Varrechia likes this.

Old 02-01-2014, 20:45   #290
Senior Member+

What a crap start to the New Year. Almost time to give up hope of the league, will just have to settle for a top four finish along with the NN, Chelski and the Goonies. Of course with a ref with scouser ties what could we expect.
Stanley didn’t come up to the mark neither, but the deadwoods really pulled one out of the blue.
Scousers still riding their luck but you must be hoping that chipmunk doesn’t miss any games either through injury or another act of cannibalism.
Still with the transfer window now open I hope that we get a class mid-fielder and get rid of some of the dross. We will see.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:01   #291
JFT96

Quote:
What a crap start to the New Year. Almost time to give up hope of the league, will just have to settle for a top four finish along with the NN, Chelski and the Goonies. Of course with a ref with scouser ties what could we expect.

Scousers still riding their luck but you must be hoping that chipmunk doesn’t miss any games either through injury or another act of cannibalism.
Still with the transfer window now open I hope that we get a class mid-fielder and get rid of some of the dross. We will see.
Thats right Barrie, blame the ref, there's nothing wrong at all with the team.....

Why oh why to refer to the top Striker in the League, by a mile, by such a derogatory name, Chipmunk I have no idea maybe your jealous, you have already told us its not bigotry.

looks like the wheels are starting to come off, so much for the Chosen One. How long will he stay?????
Has David Moyes Been Sacked?

Old 04-01-2014, 09:15   #292
JFT96

This is quite funny

So is this
Stevie R likes this.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 04-01-2014 at 09:19.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24   #293
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Ouch! And mayhaps, double ouch!!!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 17:09   #294
JFT96

Going for treble ouch....
Blackburn Rovers held Man City to a Draw today. The last time City played 'La Creme', City won 4-1...
So Blackburn Rovers should be able to stuff the Moyes Boys

Still at least Manky U don't get beaten till tomorrow

Old 04-01-2014, 17:49   #295
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Going for treble ouch....
Ah well, they do say all good things come in 3's.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 05-01-2014, 17:31   #296
JFT96

They most certainly do Dave.
Well Fabio got a justified Red Card, nasty tackle.
The great La Creme lost at The Theatre of Dreams, AGAIN.....
Still Barrie you always have a second shot at Swansea next week. Not to mention the Carling Cup, also known as the Mickey Mouse cup and the Champions League, for now
Let us not forget David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United.

More importantly the lads got a nice 2-0 win.

Old 05-01-2014, 18:12   #297
JFT96

Just heard this on Radio 5 phone in.

End of an era. Wake up all United fans. This is the same team that won the league last year. The fear factor has gone now for all teams coming to Old Trafford. The league is a pipe dream now and they have absolutely no chance of Champions League success with this squad. Mind you, you still have the glory of the League Cup to go for...

Kind of sums it up, what do you think Barrie?

Old 06-01-2014, 16:10   #298
Senior Member+

The way we are going we will be lucky to make the top half of the table. Now he says he may not be able to get the players he wants in January - to my mind he should already have been starting negotiations months ago.
Nobody expected it to be easy for him but this is bordering on the ridiculous - reminiscent of the scousers when KK left the first time around but I don't expect it will take as long for us to return to the big time as it has the scousers - if they stay the course this season
Still, pretty sure that the title will stay in Manchester and not be corroded or nicked by being in scouse land for a year.
Old 06-01-2014, 16:32   #299
JFT96

Quote:
The way we are going we will be lucky to make the top half of the table. Now he says he may not be able to get the players he wants in January - to my mind he should already have been starting negotiations months ago.
Nobody expected it to be easy for him but this is bordering on the ridiculous - reminiscent of the scousers when KK left the first time around but I don't expect it will take as long for us to return to the big time as it has the scousers - if they stay the course this season
Still, pretty sure that the title will stay in Manchester and not be corroded or nicked by being in scouse land for a year.
Now now Barrie, you must back your manager, after all he is the chosen one. To be fair to him, he has inherited a mixed bag of a side propped up by Rooney and Van Persie, lets face it he needs time to implement his style, at least 6 years

If you can hold on to Rooney in the summer, you may be able to challenge for top 5 next year, but lets face it, he will be off the minute a decent offer comes in, after all his contacts due in a year or so.
Welcome to the mid table, I believe they are now calling Old Trafford the Moyesoleum

Good news, Sky sports are saying David Moyes will be given money to buy some players this month, Great you need Baines....:and a few more from Everton

Transfer boost for Manchester United as David Moyes promised funds to target central midfielder | Football News | Sky Sports

Old 07-01-2014, 21:05   #300
JFT96

Turned the corner now.......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..