Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 16:23   #361
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Thought this was rather funny
DaveinGermany likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2014, 20:59   #362
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Funnier still its 11PTs now.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 13-02-2014, 05:08   #363
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Oh deary me!

The 'Pool 3-2 against Fulham & the Mankiies 0-0 against the Arse.

Barrie, Barrie, Barrie, whatever in the World is going on with Le cripps eh?
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 13-02-2014, 08:01   #364
Senior Member+

Even though your team are playing absolute crap and you wonder when someone will take the spade away from Moyes so that he can’t dig the hole we are in any deeper, other things lift one’s spirits – although not as far as football is concerned.
Quite sure that the Gooners will turn up tonight unlike last Saturday, don’t fancy our chances at all, in fact now starting to think about top half of the table but sure that you chaps can tell me what it is like in the nether regions of the league, after all you do have the experience going back over many seasons.
TG it is on BT Sport so I don’t have to watch it.
Back soon for more slagging off all being well

(Has there been a problem with Accyweb these last couple of days or so?) – turns out my router was having a hissy fit and I refuse to pay hotel rates for WiFi

Better than it has been but obviously it was more important for neither team to lose, an absolute crap game to watch, but one hopes that we have reached the bottom of the pit and can now start to think about winning – why does he pick such defensive teams? One real problem is that United don’t go through managers like other clubs (Arsenal excepted), s it is almost certain that we are stuck with Moyes for the foreseeable future – Doom, doom.
Old 13-02-2014, 10:43   #365
JFT96

Well Barrie, since I have been around, 1969 on, Liverpool haven't been lower than 8th place at the end of the season, a feat we managed twice, 93-94 and 2011-2012. But Man U, relegated in 73-74 with their lowest place 13th in 88-89, surely you can remember that far back?

If it was not for the force that was Alex Ferguson you would not have dominated the game in the last 20 years, interestingly though he only manage to win the Champions League/European Cup twice in 26 years, Bob Paisley managed that three times in just 9 years
Funny enough it is Sir Alex's legacy you inherit, poor David Moyes.....

I see this morning David says top 4 is achievable..... any ideas how?
BBC Sport - David Moyes: Manchester United boss still eyeing top-four finish

Also Davey boy is going to get £100 million this summer to spend, should be fun looking at at how he has done so far in the last two transfers.
Manchester United owners the Glazers promise David Moyes £100 million transfer fund this summer - Telegraph

I likened this to our Souness time, I was wrong this is full blown Hogdson
Long may it continue.

Old 23-02-2014, 14:28   #366
JFT96

I see the Moysaih's boys have closed the gap on the top 4, only 11 points now. ...............

Old 23-02-2014, 20:27   #367
JFT96

Care to comment Barrie?
Also back in November you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I am quite happy to be where we are at this time, still in contention for everything, only 3 points behind the scousers and your Beano man - we were 8 points behind at one stage
We probably won't win the league, NN are my guess for that but damned sure we will be ahead of your lot once again
How are your lot doing? Turned the corner yet?
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 25-02-2014, 21:27   #368
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well they sure turned another corner tonight. It musta been a Greasy Corner.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 25-02-2014, 21:50   #369

Moysies Misfits,
Perhaps they should give the pieman a payr, oh wait a minute!!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 06:39   #370
JFT96

Sooooooo, 11 games left, almost out of the CL, apparently the best strikers in the business, Rooooooney (Scouser), Van budgie (Arsener) and (It Dosen't) Mata are on close to £750,000 per week.......
it just gets better.
Remember we play you 3 days before your 2nd CL match....

He needs to seriously rebuild in the summer at least £100M at least

#moyesin

Old 26-02-2014, 06:54   #371
JFT96

love that photo shows the king has no regrets at all. Look at how the LFC situation is working out previous manager twice on board and no problems. Red nose kicking a hiss silently and putting more pressure on Gollum.

Old 26-02-2014, 07:04   #372
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whilst conceding hes a great player,seems to me he moved from Arsenal fer financial reasons not footballing, In fact theres a strong rumour hes gonna change his name to Van Purse.
Old 26-02-2014, 11:26   #373
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Marvellous as it is taking the pish outta the Mankies, our resident Mank hasn't been regaling us with the whys & wherefores recently.

Anyone seen or heard from Barrie & is he okay?
Old 26-02-2014, 12:19   #374
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Seen him n little pom the other week, aint been too great.
Old 26-02-2014, 12:46   #375
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aint been too great.
Not surprising with the results they've been getting!

Seriously though, hope he bucks up soon & gets back on here to take his ragging! (as all good Mankies should )

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..