Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 21:46   #421
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Never mind mate, yeh can always join us up Stanley.
Old 13-04-2014, 14:37   #422
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

3 - 2 to the 'Pool, still looking down upon the Mankies (both sets)!
Old 13-04-2014, 15:04   #423
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
3 - 2 to the 'Pool, still looking down upon the Mankies (both sets)!
Win the next 4 n jobs a good un.
Old 13-04-2014, 15:25   #424
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Win the next 4 n jobs a good un.
You'd like to think so, but as big Bren keeps saying, we'll take each game as it comes & not get to carried away.

But you can't help but feel a creeping sense of achieving the long awaited title.
Old 20-04-2014, 11:26   #425
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You'd like to think so, but as big Bren keeps saying, we'll take each game as it comes & not get to carried away.

But you can't help but feel a creeping sense of achieving the long awaited title.
Well 2-0 up after 11 mins today, they already taken todays game in my view.
Old 20-04-2014, 18:46   #426
JFT96

Nice to win today, one closer to bring back the good times.
Also seeing the bitters showing their former boss up as well.
Barrie seems to have got lost?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 13:43   #427
JFT96

Just heard that David Moyes is to be sacked, please say it is not true.......
I was under the impression that Many U we're not a sacking club

Old 21-04-2014, 14:17   #428
JFT96

If it is true and The Chosen One is to leave.,,,,let's console ourselves with some of his words of wisdom:

David Moyes was adamant that his team did not deserve to lose against Everton.

The Reds slumped to a 2-0 defeat at Goodison Park to complete an unhappy return to his former club for the manager, but while critical of his side's defending Moyes thought his team played well.

"We gave away two terrible goals but prior to that we passed the ball brilliantly well, kept the ball, had great control of the game," he said.

"What we couldn't do is make enough chances but we had a great control and we got done by two stupid decisions.

"We didn't have a final through pass at times, we didn't have a final finish when they came and there weren't very many of them.

"That was the disappointing part, that we just couldn't do that in the final third but I couldn't fault how we played because we kept the ball incredibly well."

Looking at Moyes’s reaction after similar United setbacks this season, criticism of mistakes and bewilderment at the result are recent themes.

After the loss in Munich, the manager criticised 'schoolboy defending' from his side for throwing away a lead.

Hopes were high in the Reds camp before the City game, but after being blown away 3-0 Moyes agreed things hadn’t gone to plan.

"We never came out of the blocks," he said. "You warm up the players, get them ready, but we just never started well enough"

Against Liverpool, this was the manager's reaction.

“It wasn’t what we expected,” he said.

“I felt as if the players looked in good shape and good fettle going into it but we just didn’t get to the standards that were required to beat Liverpool.”

At Stoke at the beginning of February, the Reds boss could not believe Stoke had claimed the three points.

“I don’t know what we have to do to win,” said Moyes.

It was more of the same at Olympiacos.

“I was just surprised,” claimed the manager. “I didn’t see that level of performance coming, I just didn’t see it.”

Something is clearly not right at United. The players have not performing as the manager has expected them to in recent weeks, suggesting either a below-par level on matchdays or that the opposition are far better than is expected, or both.

Moyes was not claiming this earlier in the season though.

The manager criticised his team after they lost to West Brom in September and praised City in the derby defeat but overall was far more vocal about poor refereeing performances or close games.

Mark Clattenberg did not escape attention against Liverpool but complaints about the team have grown.

Their deficiencies have been highlighted more, with Moyes even claiming ‘mental softness’ after the draw with Fulham.

Through the season, it appears Moyes has become increasingly frustrated in public with the performances in his squad, and increasingly at a loss to explain or defend them.

Farewell David, you will be missed. Now if we could just have Giggs as a replacement

Old 21-04-2014, 14:41   #429
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Shoud've stayed at Everton!
Old 21-04-2014, 14:46   #430
JFT96

That's Manchester talk Dave,

Seriously though, it is a real loss to the rest of us
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 21-04-2014, 14:53   #431
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seriously though, it is a real loss to the rest of us
Yep, six points!
Old 21-04-2014, 17:53   #432
Senior Member+

We have played badly for most of the season but yesterday had to be the pits, inexplicable changes to the team, yes, fantastic possession but it was all in our half, square and backward passes, a formation that was totally negative, Welbeck and Valencia sitting on the bench and Nani on the pitch – total crap.
So we are totally out of it this season – mind you I can’t see us having to do a scouse job and wait another 24 years to be back at the top as they have.
Just hoping that the news reports are accurate, and not just Chinese Whispers.
Joy for the Burnley supporters – not just winning automatic promotion but really choking the deadwood lot, but they are trying to get to the play offs – won’t it be a shame if they fail again.
Can Stanley hang on? They should but another win will work wonders.
Just hoping now that this week turns everything around – not just at the Theatre of Dreams - (Nightmares more like this season)
Old 21-04-2014, 18:07   #433
JFT96

Took you 26 years last time Barrie, lest we forget

Old 21-04-2014, 19:54   #434
Senior Member+

Quote:
Shoud've stayed at Everton!
Wrong.
Everton are far better off now, no more boring, predictable, negative football.

Stuck with Moyes, stuck with Moyes, man united

They sung that all game on Sunday, Moyes didn't look happy!
Boeing Guy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 07:53   #435
JFT96

So he is gone, a victim of the pressure of the Press. A team who 'don't sack managers' have done just that.

A team that needs rebuilding, David Moyes never stood a chance. Still there is hope Ryan Giggs step forward.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 22-04-2014 at 07:59.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..