Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2014, 21:49   #451

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Being a City fan i'm used to people taking the pish.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2014, 22:37   #452

Think Chelski must have left the bus at Anfield.
Old 04-05-2014, 14:58   #453
JFT96

Nice job yesterday Alan, looks like its Citys for the taking.

You know what though, all those months ago, I would have been over the moon with 4th place. Whatever Brendan asks for I hope FSG pay it.

Have not heard much of the Plastics recently, wonder why, after all they have had 3 managers in under a year and looking like a 4th very soon, so much for 'La Creme' more like La Has been
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 19:01   #454
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Low blow Mr.Varrechia, low blow, especially since it concerns Scousers!
A low blow? Isn't that Scouse martial arts, proceeded of course by the Liverpool Kiss.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 22:00   #455

I won't start celebrating till they pick up the cup. Been a city fan for to long To be sure of anything.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:02   #456
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A low blow? Isn't that Scouse martial arts, proceeded of course by the Liverpool Kiss.
Sir, you do myself & my fellow Scousers a great injustice with that Scoucist declaration!

You missed out nicking their trainees!
Eric likes this.
Old 10-05-2014, 15:02   #457

Well all you Pool fans best of luck tomorrow and may the best team come out on top. By full time I will be a gibbering wreck and either very very happy or inconsolable but pretty drunk either way.
Boeing Guy and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 10-05-2014, 19:53   #458
JFT96

You know Alan, so will I. Best of luck, I think you have got it in the bag, but you never know.
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Old 10-05-2014, 23:09   #459

I'd agree if it was any other team, but City have a habit of blowing it at the last moment. Not even going to watch or listen as thats like the kiss of death, sure I'm a jinx.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:49   #460
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Cheers Al, to be brutally honest I think your boys will be top dogs come the end of the day, to my mind unfortunately we lost our chance with the Chelski game.

Still it's been a good season, we're back in Europe, gave a credible accounting of ourselves & the bestest bit of it all .......... we're way out in front of the Manky U's! Priceless!

Boeing Guy and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:55   #461
JFT96

Manky U........more like Manky Who?...
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 11-05-2014, 13:56   #462
Senior Member+

Here we are at the last day of this season and it is still not decided. Will the NN keep their bottle or blow it like the scousers appear to have done? – at least the scousers blew it with some panache – losing to Chelsea at Anfield Oh dear, never mind, try again next season, like you have been doing for the last 24 years.
Deadwoods and Stanley managed to stay safe, but of course a downer for the deadwoods with Burnley gaining promotion which is absolutely great, just shows what can be done on a limited budget and a good manager and a squad of players who have played out of their skins
My lot, well, a terrible transition year, who could have forecast just how dire things could be – I just hope they don’t blow it today and get a better result that Spurs – the Europa could be a big distraction. As for the new manager? Apparently it is going to be announced during the coming week – is it going to be Van Gaal, or someone not even on the radar. He certainly has an impressive record, it could work for him having 2 or 3 years and bringing Giggs along, but not sure about that, I remember McGuinness. We will see.
So all the best to everyone for the off season and my very best wishes to the NN – come on you Blues.

BRH were as generous as ever - only in for 4 days (insisted they release me), but I still managed to pick up an infection, but improving slowly and should be back in full swing for next season
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 11-05-2014, 13:59   #463
JFT96

Glad to see your on the mend Barrie.
Hope to parry again soon

Old 11-05-2014, 16:09   #464
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

All over & done with for another Season, unfortunately the Pool stumbled in the homeward stretch letting the Blue Mankies do a smash & grab on us! Still interesting to the end for al concerned unless you're a Manky U fan (alright Bazza!)

So well done City! And lets see what next season has to show us.
Boeing Guy and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 11-05-2014, 16:26   #465
JFT96

Could not agree more, well done City.

And a big thanks to Man U for all the fun you have given us, I cannot wait for the next instalment of Breaking Manc!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..