Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 12:16   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now yer being unfair, they are on a Par wi Cardiff n Southampton. W1-D1-L1.
Early doors though, a long way to go. Not an unusual start for us, although it is new ground for the scousers - how long before they are back to their usual level - struggling to get a Europa League place And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2013, 14:08   #77
JFT96

Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:00   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire
Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.
Old 02-09-2013, 15:19   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.
Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout
Old 02-09-2013, 15:25   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager
We will see, long time to go before the fat lady sings
Old 02-09-2013, 15:27   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout
True n you got 70000 of em. I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,

Last edited by cashman; 02-09-2013 at 15:37.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:27   #82
Senior Member+

Just heard that someone has put a bid in for Rhodes - there will be a clause in the contract that he doesn't have to do any chicken adverts
Old 02-09-2013, 15:29   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
True n you got 70000 of em.
Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry"
Old 02-09-2013, 15:40   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
True n you got 70000 of em. I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,
Quote:
Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry"
Old 03-09-2013, 06:41   #85
JFT96

Well now the dust has settled on transfer day I am quite happy, we have got 3 good players in. I as sure the mancs are just as happy, after all they managed to get someone, they may have missed out on on a few but when your a team of winners , managed by a winner himself, you only need players from his old winning club.

I bet Barrie is beside himself with joy....

Old 03-09-2013, 07:07   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Perhaps Moysies hanging back? His budget only allows fer Loans, A bit like us at Stanley!!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:23   #87
JFT96

You know Cashy, for a club their size and stature, i was supprised at their behaviour. If I was a plastic, i would be beside myself. It remimds me of the Souness years at the pool. Looks like the party,may soon be over
cashman likes this.

Old 03-09-2013, 19:54   #88
God Member

Well, the drama of the transfer window is all over ... and most of the players "not for sale at any price" have been sold. And now the pampered ballerinas of the EPL take the field for the 2013-2014 version of their soap opera ... all the noise of the WWE with less excitement. Problem is that all we get over here is EPL, no real football like you get in the "lower" leagues. Meanwhile, my team keeps truckin' along with their best start ever ... or best start in 103 years, whichever sounds better

Saskatchewan Roughriders improve to 8-1 for 1st time in franchise history | canada.com
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31   #89
JFT96

That said, we are playing so bad, we haven't beaten a team above us yet and I very much doubt we will get any points in the next week or so

Old 05-09-2013, 16:30   #90
Senior Member+

If you lot got your heads out of your nether regions, you might have realised that Moyes, in fact any manager, does not conduct transfer dealings, they just inform the CEO or whoever is responsible for transfer dealings who they would like - such as Shebby the VFC expert. Perhaps CEO at United was one step too far at the wrong time for Woodward, although he did a brilliant job as head of merchandising.
We will see what we will see as the season progresses, and unlike you experts, La Crème supporters don't expect to win every season but we know that we will try our very best, which has proved, in the previous seasons of the PL, to be far better than all the other clubs combined.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..