Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2013, 07:30   #106
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

So now the dust has settled on the weekends matches lets see how our teams all did?
La Creme, showing all the usual great signs of greatness, smashing a 10 man Crystal Palace, its harder aginst 10 men and back to their rightfull place on top of the league.....oh hang on.....

Blackburn, manginging to keep their unbeaten run against Burnley, their greatest rivals, hopefully starting to show signs of improvement.

Stanley, well they are having a painful start, only 1 point, but it is early on.

Lastly Liverpool, what can I say. Well we could have won, as Barrie said a few weeks ago Swansea are a tough side. Nice to see we can hold our own even withput our star vampire, sorry striker, only one more game to go.
Its nice to be on top, its been a while since we were there
cashman, jaysay and DaveinGermany like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2013, 16:56   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh Dear.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 22-09-2013, 17:23   #108
JFT96

Well what looked like a bad weekend, has turned out not so bad after all.

But then again Sur Alex had worse results and won, of course David Moyes does not need Alex's personality, charisma, determination, special relationship with ref's, after all he's a winner

Old 22-09-2013, 17:55   #109
JFT96

Old 22-09-2013, 22:52   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Moyes: You`ve not been with my mrs have you?
Giggs: Shhh, I won`t tell anyone if you dont.
Eric likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 09:42   #111

Snigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1235335_10202179983641046_1464011608_n.jpg (18.3 KB, 6 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 17:19   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Snigger.
Well I said I wouldn't be posting in this thread, but I ****ed myself when I saw that Alan, thanks for the laugh
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 14:36   #113
Senior Member+

What a crap month September has been. My team going into meltdown, notorious slow starters maybe but this has been ridiculous. Outplayed, out thought, ponderous, mindless and totally lacking in passion and work rate. Ah well, things can get worse, but hope springs eternal.
Mind you, other than the NN, nobody else has been setting the league on fire, what a team they have assembled, but I do think it is going to require some inspired juggling of players to keep them all happy in World Cup season. National Managers are often wary of including bench warmers.
It just hasn’t been the football either – 2 weeks in that marvellous edifice overlooking Blackburn that passes for a hospital – it just does not compare with Bury where I have been twice this year. It was 2 weeks of what I assume purgatory to be. Perhaps it was Jay’s revenge for VFC continuing to be crap. So that has kept me quiet for a while, just starting to feel myself again.
Probably won’t feel any brighter after tonight – but saw some interesting statistics yesterday – the scousers have a better record without the Vampire than they do with him??????????
Old 25-09-2013, 14:38   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I said I wouldn't be posting in this thread, but I ****ed myself when I saw that Alan, thanks for the laugh
DinG nailed you down - he, along with most of the rest of us knew that you couldn't control your rabid ramblings and stay away from the thread
Old 25-09-2013, 15:34   #115

Hope ypu improve quickly Barrie, unlike your team!!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 16:12   #116
JFT96

Welcome back Barrie, you have been missed. I hope you get better soon.

Now back to sniping at each other over our respective teams......

Tonight could be very telling,
I wonder who will get first bite at a goal (or Leg), I hear Suarez is hungry for this game

Seriously though this is pure gold from DM, from todays Independent.

"Moyes said ahead of another forbidding clash, against Liverpool in Wednesday night's Capital One Cup third round, that "a lot of people" thought the title race was only about Manchester United last season. But "it was probably the [form] of other teams that were poor," he said."

Although he did not explicitly say the last years team we cp, he certainly suggests it.

Bring in tonights excuses

Old 25-09-2013, 17:15   #117
Resting in Peace

Didn't know you were in the big house Barrie, hope your soon better and back to normal, but after watching the game on Sunday doubt if the plastics will be making a mark anytime soon
Old 25-09-2013, 17:40   #118
JFT96

Could not resist
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Old 25-09-2013, 17:51   #119
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Alright Barrie, glad you're back lad, it's been pretty quiet of late but I'm fairly sure that'll change after tonight!
Old 25-09-2013, 18:27   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Was wondering were yeh were Barrie, sorry to hear in dock, but glad yer back out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..