Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2013, 16:48   #1
Senior Member+

Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

As Mancie hasn't been around for a while I thought I would start a thread along the lines of the one normally started by him - come back soon Mancie.

Difficult start to the season for La Crème, Swansea, Chelsea and then doomsville against the Scouse lot. Difficult enough for Moyes without a start like this.

Can Stanley push for promotion this season? New manager who was a decent player. let us hope he can provide the inspiration - they could have a local derby in '14/'15.

Deadwood gang? well what is there to say - another flirtation with relegation perhaps or a push for a return to the Premiership?
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2013, 17:05   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
As Mancie hasn't been around for a while I thought I would start a thread along the lines of the one normally started by him - come back soon Mancie.

Difficult start to the season for La Crème, Swansea, Chelsea and then doomsville against the Scouse lot. Difficult enough for Moyes without a start like this.

Can Stanley push for promotion this season? New manager who was a decent player. let us hope he can provide the inspiration - they could have a local derby in '14/'15.

Deadwood gang? well what is there to say - another flirtation with relegation perhaps or a push for a return to the Premiership?
This sites about local teams Stanley being the main aspect with Burnley and Rovers thrown in, who gives a toss about the premiership if you want to discuss that Google "Plastics Are Us", you'll find millions there to chat with
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 20:20   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
This sites about local teams
Ooh, have a Snickers!
Old 19-06-2013, 22:05   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ooh, have a Snickers!
Looks as though someone has thrown his dummy out of the pram already, don't think he would be allowed Snickers, probably make too much of a mess.
Old 19-06-2013, 22:07   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
This sites about local teams Stanley being the main aspect with Burnley and Rovers thrown in, who gives a toss about the premiership if you want to discuss that Google "Plastics Are Us", you'll find millions there to chat with
Does this mean that you won't be coming out with your usual bigoted drivel on this thread?
Old 20-06-2013, 07:32   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Does this mean that you won't be coming out with your usual bigoted drivel on this thread?
No there's no point in actually contributing to it at all, seeing I've no interest in it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 10:48   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
No there's no point in actually contributing to it at all, seeing I've no interest in it
Does this not count as a contribution?
As for "no interest" you spouted enough on the subject in the past - OK, rabid ramblings maybe, but you contributed then and are still doing so
Old 20-06-2013, 18:02   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, you'll be chipping in right enough!
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 22-06-2013, 14:56   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, you'll be chipping in right enough!
I see that your lot are splashing the cash - are there many more cars without hub caps in Liverpool these days?
Old 22-06-2013, 15:27   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I see that your lot are splashing the cash - are there many more cars without hub caps in Liverpool these days?
Eh! If there is it's not my doing, but around here on the other hand ........
Old 22-06-2013, 20:44   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
The header to this sub-forum:

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

That precludes the deadwood gang then, you can hardly call that football.
Bet he posts on here now.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 21:25   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I see read even if I choose not to post these days ;-)

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 23:09   #13

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Thing is..Woevers, Stanley, Dingles, Scousers, even the southern nancies, in fact 99.999% of supporters, fans, merchandise buyers, armchair pundits etc..etc...all admit their shortcomings...

They take the flak, they suck up the jibes, argue their case and take the rough with the smooth. They smile, sulk, get sheepish, they clutch at straws with their arguments. They do it with a passion borne of love for their club

The plastics, however are a different breed entirely....

They only speak when in a position of power, they go silent in dark days, hide when they lose. They have zero humility, zero respect of any other club, zero tolerance of being outplayed or beaten fair and square, (it's the ref, the pitch, the timekeeper, the weather or the colour of the shirts), according to them they are never beaten but always cheated. They think they have an inherent right to be superior. They do it with a passion borne from a brand name....'I luv MUFC' aint that much different from 'I luv KFC' and there ain't much difference between the supporters of either brand
Bagpuss, cashman, jaysay and 1 others like this.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Thing is..Woevers, Stanley, Dingles, Scousers, even the southern nancies, in fact 99.999% of supporters, fans, merchandise buyers, armchair pundits etc..etc...all admit their shortcomings...

They take the flak, they suck up the jibes, argue their case and take the rough with the smooth. They smile, sulk, get sheepish, they clutch at straws with their arguments. They do it with a passion borne of love for their club

The plastics, however are a different breed entirely....

They only speak when in a position of power, they go silent in dark days, hide when they lose. They have zero humility, zero respect of any other club, zero tolerance of being outplayed or beaten fair and square, (it's the ref, the pitch, the timekeeper, the weather or the colour of the shirts), according to them they are never beaten but always cheated. They think they have an inherent right to be superior. They do it with a passion borne from a brand name....'I luv MUFC' aint that much different from 'I luv KFC' and there ain't much difference between the supporters of either brand
Have you become Jays ghost writer? Perhaps you have picked up a dose of rabid bigotry from him?
Guinness likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Have you become Jays ghost writer? Perhaps you have picked up a dose of rabid bigotry from him?
Nah its a dose of honesty.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..