Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 17:11   #211
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

The deadwoods almost did it, but guess it wasn’t to be. The scousers will certainly be fired up now and of course they have every chance of gaining 3 points on us this weekend. They have only got to win all their remaining games and for La Crème to lose 3 matches and they can finish ahead of us – Oh, woe is me.
But are they going to improve on last season - Noooooooooo
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2015, 19:47   #212
Senior Member+

Well, only six games to go for La Creme - so for the scousers to get above us we have to lose 3 out of 6 and the scousers have to win all their remaining 7 games – the Dodger talks the talk alright but he appears to have mobility problems.
A great recovery from Stanley, levelling it in the 90th minute, by the look of the table they should be safe and can now start thinking about pushing on next season.
The deadwoods are still playing yo-yo fashion, still a point away from home is better than none, but they are out of any chance for the play off slots.
Burnley are dicing with trouble, but a couple of wins could see them scrape through, only 7 points cover the bottom 6.
The NN, lovely to watch, the first 10 – 15minutes did cause concern but then there was only one team in it, some great football played and the man isn't satisfied yet, so it could get much better – watch this space, or next seasons thread.
The scousers have a must win match tomorrow but it will be easy for them, Newcastle at home, they should do it easily as they are playing so well – according to the Dodger.

Just did a quick comparison of this seasons thread against last seasons. Last season there were 32 pages, OK some posts were about the World Cup, but so far this season there have been 15 pages. Surprising how the people who were shouting their mouths off last year have been very noticeable by their absence. The most noticeable one being BG – more postings than all others together, but of course he threw his pacifier out of his pram a while back. Seems like he is good at slagging off La Creme but can't take criticism of the scousers.
The one genuine supporter carried on though taking the rough with the smooth – good old DinG

Who is looking forward to the Europa Cup next season
Old 13-04-2015, 00:49   #213
God Member

I watched the game today ... really entertaining ... and I gotta admit that United looked great, and the score line actually flattered city. If this were the first month of the season instead of the winding down time, I would put money on them to win the league. Next year, without dumb losses to teams like Swansea, who knows. But Van Gaal? How can one rate him as a great manager when it took him three quarters of a season to figure out how to use the guy with the hair. And just as long to realize what a talent he has in Mata. Both things are no brainers.

And the EPL ... the usual suspects, the ones with the brass, are the top four. Boring. The most exciting thing to watch, as usual, is what is going on at the bottom.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 15:36   #214
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And the EPL ... the usual suspects, the ones with the brass, are the top four. Boring. The most exciting thing to watch, as usual, is what is going on at the bottom.
There is also the amusement of seeing whether the scousers can do better than La Crème did last season
Old 13-04-2015, 19:19   #215
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
There is also the amusement of seeing whether the scousers can do better than La Crème did last season
Maybe ... but, talking about the scousers, I would like to see clubs have a little more patience with their managers. If United had stuck with Moyes they probably have done just as well this season. As far as I remember, Mata and the Haircut were his purchases. Di Maria and Falcao were a waste of brass. Blind was a good buy because he seems to form a real good dynamic duo with Young. I feel a tad sorry for Pellegini. His players are playing shiite, but it is he that looks set for the chop. With Rodgers, I think that Liverpool should stick with him. I remember reading a news story about Sterling in which he said that if he had have been offered a contract earlier, he would have signed ... and for less money than he's being offered now. And Liverpool's bosses screwed up with Stevie too.
Old 14-04-2015, 05:04   #216
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Still plucking away.
Old 14-04-2015, 08:57   #217
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Still plucking away.
A good win for your lot last night DinG, still breathing over our shoulders and of course there is every chance we will drop 3 points this coming weekend
Old 14-04-2015, 09:03   #218
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe ... but, talking about the scousers, I would like to see clubs have a little more patience with their managers. If United had stuck with Moyes they probably have done just as well this season. As far as I remember, Mata and the Haircut were his purchases. Di Maria and Falcao were a waste of brass. Blind was a good buy because he seems to form a real good dynamic duo with Young. I feel a tad sorry for Pellegini. His players are playing shiite, but it is he that looks set for the chop. With Rodgers, I think that Liverpool should stick with him. I remember reading a news story about Sterling in which he said that if he had have been offered a contract earlier, he would have signed ... and for less money than he's being offered now. And Liverpool's bosses screwed up with Stevie too.
Don't forget Herrera and Rojo, both picking up the pace quite nicely, Herrera much quicker but of course he is playing alongside Mata. Shaw is another one for the not too distant future and there are some young ones waiting to break through. Think there will be further changes this summer but they will be brought in to fit into the developing pattern - fully agree about Falcao and Di Maria.
Old 14-04-2015, 12:41   #219
God Member

Quote:
Don't forget Herrera and Rojo, both picking up the pace quite nicely, Herrera much quicker but of course he is playing alongside Mata. Shaw is another one for the not too distant future and there are some young ones waiting to break through. Think there will be further changes this summer but they will be brought in to fit into the developing pattern - fully agree about Falcao and Di Maria.
Herrera has turned out to be a very good buy, I agree. Also think Rooney deserves more credit for his play, and particularly his leadership. Captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world ... Captain of England ... great scoring record ... most certainly one of the great players of recent years ... he sure doesn't get the recognition he deserves. One of the problems facing Van Gaal is what to do with RVP who now seems surplus to requirements.

Whatever happens in the summer transfer spendfest, I would bet on United to win the league next year. And this from someone who is in no way a fan of the club; but over here we don't get much choice ... only the EPL shows up on the sports channels. Whatever, the Stanley Cup playoffs are about to begin ... no wimpy prima donnas writhing in agony because they have tripped over their boot laces. Just real men playing a real man's game Oh, and let's not forget good reffing.
Old 14-04-2015, 12:45   #220
God Member

Almost forgot to mention Carrick, great player. Carrick and Mata are good examples of what you get when you combine superlative skills with intelligence.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 19-04-2015, 06:43   #221
Senior Member+

Not an unexpected result, better than it could have been, at least the display from La Crème was quite impressive for long periods but with 3 enforced changes and a couple unavailable the pattern had to be changed.
Gives the scousers an opportunity, we only need to lose 2 more matches and they will be ahead of us - if they can win all their remaining matches, but even that won't get them their Holy Grail
What a difference a year makes, a great improvement for us but something of a decline for the scousers and they aren't going to improve on last season
Could be a terrific climax to the season.
Old 19-04-2015, 07:37   #222
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Not an unexpected result,
'Ere now, that sounds rather like someone unsuccessfully trying to cover up a disappointment. (and failing miserably ) Never mind Bazza your crowd are still out there regardless.

The Pool need to buck their ideas up today because in all honesty, this is probably our only chance of some silver this season & to see Stevie G leave with some style.
Old 19-04-2015, 14:47   #223
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
'Ere now, that sounds rather like someone unsuccessfully trying to cover up a disappointment. (and failing miserably ) Never mind Bazza your crowd are still out there regardless.

The Pool need to buck their ideas up today because in all honesty, this is probably our only chance of some silver this season & to see Stevie G leave with some style.
Very disappointed DinG, expected a better result than that for the way we played.
If LVG can achieve that sort of improvement in performance in one season then roll on next season.
Still fancy Champions League for La Crème next season, you may well manage to sneak into the Europa Cup
Old 19-04-2015, 17:18   #224
Senior Member+

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind
I am sure that the scouse supporters will buy SG a train ticket along with a Cup Final ticket so that he can be at Wembley on his birthday
I can't understand all the furore about Sterling - I think it is understandable that he was allegedly sniffing helium - at 5' 2" he needs to get high
Perhaps someone can explain the thinking of bringing Lambert on with a matter of minutes left to play
Stanley had hard luck dropping 2 points in the last couple of minutes, but it looks as though they are safe. Time to plan for next season.
The deadwoods still playing yo-yo, same as Stanley, dropping the points in the last couple of minutes, time to start planning for next season
Things look dire for Burnley, although it is possible for them to climb above the drop zone I fear it is unlikely and with the probability that they will lose Ings and some others the future does not look too rosy
A couple of Lancashire clubs can get promotion from Leagues 1 & 2 - here's hoping
Old 21-04-2015, 14:39   #225
God Member

Quote:
Still fancy Champions League for La Crème next season
From what I've seen in the last few weeks, you are probably right. I watched the Chelsea game and, in my humble colonial opinion, Jose has more to worry about than the Dutch guy. It's called "next season". It's gonna be a whole new ball game. The only thing United really need in terms of new players is a young version of Carrick ... not to replace him, but to be ready to take over when he has to retire. Come to think of it, given the way he plays, he might have another 3 or 4 great years in him. And how about that Luke Shaw, eh. He's starting to look like a good buy. I'll never be a fan, but the team is starting to look impressive ... and the component of English players is larger than the token that one finds at Chelski or City. Come to think of something else ... I'd like to see more of James Wilson.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, les Canadiennes de Montreal are looking good in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Vive les habs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..