Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2015, 17:11   #226
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, les Canadiennes de Montreal are looking good in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Vive les habs.
Were they playing Saturday night against Ottowa? We were sat with friends in a sports bar Saturday evening & caught the last 15 minutes or so of gratuitous violence ...... and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 21-04-2015, 19:14   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Were they playing Saturday night against Ottowa? We were sat with friends in a sports bar Saturday evening & caught the last 15 minutes or so of gratuitous violence ...... and thoroughly enjoyed it!
I watched the game too, helped along with a bunch of Barking Squirrel Ale ... les Habs are ahead in the series 3 games to 0 ... I didn't notice any violence, just a bunch of lads having fun on the ice.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 19:23   #228
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
... I didn't notice any violence, just a bunch of lads having fun on the ice.
Ah, enlightenment! So that's what it's called, my thanks for the edjamacation in the subtle nuances of Cannuck sport.
Old 21-04-2015, 19:45   #229
God Member

Quote:
Ah, enlightenment! So that's what it's called, my thanks for the edjamacation in the subtle nuances of Cannuck sport.
Y'r welcome ... Hockey is a game of nuance ... those who don't know the game can't seem to see the difference between a solid check into the boards and aggravated assault (assault with a weapon if the stick is up) but the difference, although subtle, is obvious to all those who love the sport.
Old 26-04-2015, 16:07   #230
Senior Member+

How can we play such crap after the recent displays - one thing for sure is that there is a need for a target man who will play on the shoulder of the central defenders. We played even worse than the scousers did yesterday. A great chance to go 10 points ahead of them but instead we remain on seven - still, that is still eight points more than we have to get from the remaining games.
The deadwoods must have gone on their summer holidays after going two up.
D & R were only 3 points above Stanley, shouldn't have lost by four, hope they aren't just going to sit back now because they are safe?
Burnley doomed, but chance to screw La Crème in the last match.
Preston should be there and they have got Colchester next week so they should be there.
Could well be a few surprises yet - the scousers could even get fifth place and another bite at the Europa League - we will see.

Slight thread wander - Liverpool are swinging to the Tories as Milliband has promised 100,000 new jobs in the area.
Old 29-04-2015, 15:01   #231
Senior Member+

I found it quite amusing, hilarious in fact, when I realised that someone who posted over 150 times on last seasons thread - I don't think any of them were about his team, you know the team, the one that has never won the Premiership title. all he could do was slag off La Crème.
Different story this season, scousers not doing too well, I think they need to win 3 more matches than La Crème to overtake them, in fact they are probably looking over their shoulder at Tottenham and Southampton. But, have faith, I am sure they can do it - not quite sure what, but they can - Brenda Dodger says they only need a couple of players to be great again and you can believe in him - he might not be able to walk the walk yet but he talks good.
So with La Crème managing to outpace the scousers this season, that someone has thrown his dummy out of the pram. Oh dear, what a shame, but never mind, there is always next season
Old 29-04-2015, 18:19   #232
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
there is always next season
There's always next season.
Old 30-04-2015, 06:40   #233
Senior Member+

Quote:
Of course there is DinG and like us after last season there will be every opportunity for your lot to improve. Me, I am just hoping that FSG stick with Brenda although with Jurgen being available who knows?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:54   #234
Senior Member+

Another crap display, Fellaini as a target man is ridiculous, he is much too static, Di Maria takes too long to settle into a game, didn't see one decent cross, pass or run from him - but worst of all. VP taking the penalty, he hasn't played for weeks so why let him take it and not Rooney. Also seemed to be a change of pattern, not one notable cross from the by - line. We could have been second in the league this morning but now are really looking over our shoulder as the scousers put in a late charge.
Burnley seem to be out of it now, back to the Burnley - Rovers derby matches next season - could well be a few leaving rather than drop down a league.
Deadwoods and Stanley both finished secure for next year, can the NN hang on to 2nd place.
Almost over for this season, roll on the next one, it can only get better
Old 13-05-2015, 22:52   #235
Senior Member+

The Fat Lady has sung at Anfield, the search for their Holy Grail will have to start all over again next season, no doubt they are looking forward to the Europa League and hoping they can hang on to 5th place, but Spurs could still overtake them, whatever, they have fallen far behind their efforts of last season. What could be the reason - poor dealings in the txfr mrkt, or just a manager who isn't good enough - Please FSG, you must stick with Brenda
After all the slagging of La Crème last season by Toy Chucker, it must be particularly galling for him to see La Crème back above the scousers this season.
Stanley and the deadwoods are both safe, let us hope that there will be some astute signings and they will both improve next season.
Poor Burnley - and that wasn't meant as a pun. The danger for them will be to lose some players and not be able to fight their way straight back into the PL.
Preston still in with a chance of promotion, it does give a good feeling when Lancashire clubs do well - even the scousers
La Crème showed a great improvement even though they played absolute crap at times. Great hope for next season with LVG having had time to assess, trim and bolster the team. As long as we continue thwarting the scousers search for their Holy Grail, that is almost as good as winning the league - is it really 27 years and still counting for the scousers?
Old 25-05-2015, 22:07   #236
Senior Member+

So the saga of the scousers search for their Holy Grail will have to wait until next season, but if they drop four places next season like this it is just going to be yet another wasted season for them.
Thought that La Crème played crap again yesterday but we were playing a team that had a slim chance of survival. Whereas the scousers were playing a team in ninth place playing for pride, a great pity that the scousers didn’t have any, 6 -1 oh boy, a touch of humiliation, no, more than a touch.
Maybe someone will give BG his dummy back and put his toys back in his pram then he will grace the thread again – at least until the scousers start to fail again. Extremely verbose on here when La Crème were crap and the scousers doing much better but that soon changed this season.
United got rid of Moyes when it became apparent he wasn’t good enough, just hope that FSG keep faith with Brenda and persevere because he certainly talks the talk – pity about the walk though.
Two facts I couldn’t understand about yesterday – he said that Sterling wasn’t in the right frame of mind to play so why have him on the bench? No strikers selected - was he hoping for a draw?
Keep dreaming you scousers
Old 02-06-2015, 22:51   #237
Senior Member+

Hooray, hooray, Brenda is staying according to the news tonight, hooray.
Old 17-06-2015, 20:30   #238
God Member

Quote:
Talking of next season, the schedule is out. And it looks like Liverpool have the end of the stick covered in fecal matter.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 18-06-2015, 06:41   #239
Senior Member+

Quote:
Talking of next season, the schedule is out. And it looks like Liverpool have the end of the stick covered in fecal matter.
Obviously a conspiracy
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 18-06-2015, 20:00   #240
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Obviously a conspiracy
Of course!
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..