Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2008, 11:26   #1
Resting in Peace

Mick Channon

Ex footballer and now racing train Mick Channon has been seriously injured in a road crash, he's in stable condition in hospital
Old 28-08-2008, 11:27   #2

Re: Mick Channon

hope he is ok
Old 28-08-2008, 20:59   #3
Senior Member+

Yeah just read it on another forum,his son also injured,the driver died they say they think its a trainer race horse wise the driver.
Old 28-08-2008, 21:02   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Yeah just read it on another forum,his son also injured,the driver died they say they think its a trainer race horse wise the driver.
Sorry pal...don't understand that?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 21:04   #5
Senior Member+

Sorry,Mick and his son got injured in a collission on the M1 the driver of the vehicle died.Believed to be a race horse trainer.I read it on another forum.Is that better mate ?
Old 28-08-2008, 21:31   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Sorry,Mick and his son got injured in a collission on the M1 the driver of the vehicle died.Believed to be a race horse trainer.I read it on another forum.Is that better mate ?
That's fine....I have met Mick on two occasions and found him the perfect Gentleman....I have today sent a personal email via his website wishing him the best and to his son.....My condolances to his driver and his family....Sad.

Old 28-08-2008, 22:34   #7
Senior Member+

SKY NEWS reports:

Former England football star Mick Channon has been seriously injured in a car crash and will undergo surgery.

Mick Channon was a centre forward for Southampton and England

Son Michael Channon said his father had a "tough old night" in intensive care with broken ribs, a broken arm, a fractured jaw and a punctured lung.

Racing agent Tim Corby, a life-long friend of Channon, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Channon's other son Jack, aged 15, was also hurt in the crash on the M1 on Wednesday. He was left "battered and bruised" but was not seriously injured.

Mick Channon will be operated on tomorrow, to pin bones in his arm and have his jaw wired.

Mr Channon said Mr Corby leaves wife Sheila and daughter Adriana.

He added: "Mick is conscious and able to talk from his hospital bed and he's absolutely devastated at the loss of Tim."

Channon's friend Mr Corby died when the Mercedes he was driving left the motorway and hit a concrete pillar.
Old 06-09-2008, 22:40   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That's fine....I have met Mick on two occasions and found him the perfect Gentleman....I have today sent a personal email via his website wishing him the best and to his son.....My condolances to his driver and his family....Sad.
Here is the reply from Mick Shannon's son to my good wishes message:

Dear Roy & Marcia,

Many Thanks for your best wishes. Just to update you, I'm sat next to
Mick now and I'm delighted to report that he's back home at West Ilsley.

The racing's on the telly, so he's definitely on the mend.

Kindest Regards,

Michael Jnr (writing on behalf of Mick and all The Channon Family)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..