Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06   #1
I am Banned

Referee Howard Webb gets MBE

MANCHESTER,ENGLAND
World Cup Final referee Howard Webb has been recognised by Queen Elizabeth II in the New Years Honours list for his selfless and dedicated work to Manchester United.
The police sergeant from Rotherham has been known to do everything in his power for Englands biggest club,including sending opposing players off for unknown reasons,and most famously for giving an inexplicable penalty when 2-0 down against Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford two years ago.
"He,s done so much for us," admitted Sir Bobby Charlton."That penalty against Spurs turned the game for us and undoubtedly won us the the league that year.It,s his almost magical ability to conjure a United goal out of nothing that really sets him apart from other referees.

He,s been our twelfth man on so many occasions so he really deserves his MBE.I could,nt think of anyone who deserves it more than our Howard.theres no doubt that he,ll go down as an Old Trafford legend with Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex".
Sir Alex Ferguson was full of praise for Webb,and said he fully deserved his place on the New Years Honours list."He,s one of the best players we,ve had in recent years. Christiano Ronaldo was our top scorer that year,but no one was more valuable to the side than Webby.He was worth at least 20 points for us.A lot of people thought that we,d miss Christiano when he left for Real Madrid but people seem to somehow forget that we always had the referee on our side,so it made no difference,"

Now that Mr Webb has been recognised by the Queen,fans have called for the club to do the same,perhaps having a testimonial in his name. "I,m not against the idea myself," said a fans representative,"but i think we could do so much more for such a faithfull servant.Some people think that we should rename the Stretford End after Webby but i still dont think it,s enough. I think a statue for him beside the one of Sir Matt,or maybe alongside the one of Bestie,Law and charlton.Thats where he belongs."
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Referee Howard Webb gets MBE

Chelsea also won the League Title last season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..