Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 14:24   #1
Resting in Peace

Referee's

A lot has been made about the comments made by Sky pundits Andy Gray and Richard Keys last week regarding the capabilities of women linesmen and the offside rule. To my mind one or two of their male counterparts need to brush up on theirs too, I've just watched the Stoke v Sunderland game and one of the Linesmen was the same one who officiated at the Gooners v Everton match mid-week, to say he was useless is an understatement. On Wednesday he fail to flag Saha offside, the forward was at least 3 yards offside when the ball was played, who it touched on the way through is immaterial, it was offside, Today same linesman failed again to flag a Stoke forward offside when there was clearly only one player between the forward and the goal line when the ball was played again clearly offside, me thinks this chap needs to re-examine the rule book as a matter of urgency
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22   #2

Re: Referee's

He sounds like the ( to the tune of gary glitter ) ' hello hello,super linesman,super linesman ' when Rovers scored an offside goal and so went up at gig lane at bury in 1979 .
Get women with good eyesight running the line i say.
Legs Flattering girlswear while running the line would also be appreciated thank you.
JUST JOKING LADIES

Last edited by spignific; 06-02-2011 at 02:26.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:45   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
He sounds like the ( to the tune of gary glitter ) ' hello hello,super linesman,super linesman ' when Rovers scored an offside goal and so went up at gig lane at bury in 1979 .
Get women with good eyesight running the line i say.
Legs Flattering girlswear while running the line would also be appreciated thank you.
JUST JOKING LADIES
Gig lane 1979 oh yes I remember it well spigs
Old 13-02-2011, 03:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Gig lane 1979 oh yes I remember it well spigs
Having to get off coach and walk with cans in hand due to 10,000 rovers blocking turn off from motorway.All to see us win promotion..wooden floors bouncing as we jigged and sang 3 more minutes to go and we'll be in the second (division) etc.
great midweek promotion night.got beat 2-1 by them just after with 23,000 on ewood,not a bad 3rd division attendance that either was it in 3rd division
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 09:40   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
Having to get off coach and walk with cans in hand due to 10,000 rovers blocking turn off from motorway.All to see us win promotion..wooden floors bouncing as we jigged and sang 3 more minutes to go and we'll be in the second (division) etc.
great midweek promotion night.got beat 2-1 by them just after with 23,000 on ewood,not a bad 3rd division attendance that either was it in 3rd division
I actually got home at 2am that morning spigs, well it is a long way from Bury, ended up in a little pub on the road out of Rawtenstall to Hassy can't remember the name, but it was 10-20 when we got in just in time for last orders, we were ordering two pints apiece until the landlord said no push lads we'll lock the door if you want another few to celebrate, proper chap

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..