Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: should rooney be chosen?
Leave him home 7 70.00%
Take him, 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2011, 22:17   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Rooney

As Rooney is now banned fer 3 games, which is all the group games, do yeh think capello should take him? personally i think Not, if the team get through this stage, i think the lads that got em through deserve the chance, plus rooney is that stupid he cannot be depended on not to repeat his stupididty,
Old 14-10-2011, 22:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Rooney

I dont think he should go either, there are players that play clean for England and deserve to be there much more than this numpty.

Yeah he can score goals when he wants and can play some good footie but he needs to stop having stupid hissy fits when he doesnt get his own way.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 22:22   #3
God Member

I think he should go, if we get through the group games then we need our best players. If he had been Dutch, Italian or French he wouldn't have got the longer ban
Old 14-10-2011, 22:29   #4

Should let him play for the England rugby squad.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 22:30   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If he had been Dutch, Italian or French he wouldn't have got the longer ban
oh i agree wi that, but the fact is hes got the longer ban, whilst hes a good un, he aint dependable temper wise n it aint like its the first time,this clowns transgressed,
Old 14-10-2011, 23:35   #6
God Member

I think we should still take him..we take 4 strikers to these tournaments and usually one of them don't get a game anyway.. if we get past the group stage Rooney would be a decent option to have on the subs bench .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 09:25   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think he should go, if we get through the group games then we need our best players. If he had been Dutch, Italian or French he wouldn't have got the longer ban
That was my sentiments to Dave and I told cashy so yesterday, but the fact is if he's banned for all the group games and if England do qualify, would it then be fair on the player that would have to make way for him, I don't think so. I still think a 3 match ban is ridiculous really after all he immediately held his hands up apologise to the player and ref, didn't throw his toys out of the pram (which he would have done not long ago) and left the field immediately, if that had been a Spanish or Italian player they would have got a 2 match ban max
Old 15-10-2011, 16:05   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think we should still take him..we take 4 strikers to these tournaments and usually one of them don't get a game anyway.. if we get past the group stage Rooney would be a decent option to have on the subs bench .
See your point, but can he be relied on ? He tends to let his emotions run away with him & that is a major handicap.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:08   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
See your point, but can he be relied on ? He tends to let his emotions run away with him & that is a major handicap.
Ya Dave and he wouldn't be much good on the subs bench, if we weren't actually there
Old 16-10-2011, 13:24   #10
Senior Member+

It was a stupid thing to do, no doubt about that. However, should we get through to the finals then it would also be stupid not to have him available, after all is said, he is arguably the only world class player we have.
IMHO better to leave Capello at home - he has a trio of players (strike/midfield) who play & train together, and are a pretty devastating combination, so he doesn't play them together. Surely players are chosen for the way that they play for their clubs, why disrupt that cohesion by mix and match, or expect them to play in a different format to what their selection was based upon.
Old 16-10-2011, 14:51   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
It was a stupid thing to do, no doubt about that. However, should we get through to the finals then it would also be stupid not to have him available, after all is said, he is arguably the only world class player we have.
so yer saying he should be fireproof however he behaves? to my mind it would be even stupider to risk him throwing another wobbler or kicking a player un-necessaryly, still its typical of the manc mentality, were Man United we can do what we want.
Old 20-10-2011, 00:05   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to my mind it would be even stupider to risk him throwing another wobbler or kicking a player un-necessaryly.
I agree. He's got form for his petulant acts. Personally, I don't think England will get past the group stage, or if they do they'll go out at the first knockout game.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 00:21   #13
God Member

Quote:
so yer saying he should be fireproof however he behaves? to my mind it would be even stupider to risk him throwing another wobbler or kicking a player un-necessaryly, still its typical of the manc mentality, were Man United we can do what we want.
I don't think any player is fireproof but Rooney has been given the ban and paying for his stupidity..to my mind it would be just as stupid not to include him in the Englang team..no point cutting yer nose off ... maybe not the same but was paolo rossi not banned for 3 years before he and Italy won the World cup in 1982?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 13:36   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes he should go, more so than others who have been accused, and in some cases found guilty of criminal offences At least if we do get through to the final stages we will have a player that can score goals - the alternatives aren't too good at that.
I suspect that your attitude towards him has more to do with him being a United player than anything else
Old 20-10-2011, 13:38   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Yes he should go, more so than others who have been accused, and in some cases found guilty of criminal offences At least if we do get through to the final stages we will have a player that can score goals - the alternatives aren't too good at that.
I suspect that your attitude towards him has more to do with him being a United player than anything else
Thats how much you know if yeh care to take notice i thought exactly the same wi Joey Barton a good while ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..