Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 18:57   #91
God Member

Re: rovers / burnley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
above the scum
Maybe after this weeks court case and todays incident at stoke you choose your words more carefully or look closer to home.

I genuinely hope the fan concerned pulls through. Nobody should go to a football match and end up critically ill in hospital
Old 06-02-2010, 19:11   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And never will be, poor do when fans don't aspire for their team to play at the highest level, but obviously you know your own shortcomings and limits
Not a poor do at all, shows how little u know about the dizzy heights of the leagues below the prem, ask cashy and other rovers supporters that were suitably impressed with our game and terrace atmosphere - quote was "u dont get this at rover's " when stanley were on the ball and the crowd atmosphere behind the team. U lot cant stand in a standing terrace, u lot play less games than we do. So again na your wrong we have aspirations to move up the leagues, where do u go after the prem?↲

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 19:48   #93
Super Moderator

Quote:
And never will be, poor do when fans don't aspire for their team to play at the highest level, but obviously you know your own shortcomings and limits
Jaysay, reckon the question of whether or not we aspire to play in the Premier is largely irrelevant, as the size of the club and the catchment area means we have no realistic chance of getting there. Aspiring to div 1 is enough for us at the moment!

There are at least half a dozen lapsed Rovers fans or Rovers fans who have adopted us as their second club who stand either with or near me on the Clayton End and they all love the atmosphere because it's something you just don't get at a Premiership Stadium.

It's a real pity that your health prevents you from coming up the Stanley with me, Cashy and the lads because the craic is something else...as Taggy is going to find out!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Jaysay, reckon the question of whether or not we aspire to play in the Premier is largely irrelevant, as the size of the club and the catchment area means we have no realistic chance of getting there. Aspiring to div 1 is enough for us at the moment!

There are at least half a dozen lapsed Rovers fans or Rovers fans who have adopted us as their second club who stand either with or near me on the Clayton End and they all love the atmosphere because it's something you just don't get at a Premiership Stadium.

It's a real pity that your health prevents you from coming up the Stanley with me, Cashy and the lads because the craic is something else...as Taggy is going to find out!
Neither did Wimbledon, but your saying if Stanley did do a Wimbledon you wouldn't be interested, I would have though every football fan would have aspirations for their team to play at the top level, if not why be a fan at all
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02   #95
God Member

Quote:
Neither did Wimbledon, but your saying if Stanley did do a Wimbledon you wouldn't be interested, I would have though every football fan would have aspirations for their team to play at the top level, if not why be a fan at all
Premiership is all that matters jaysay - deluded! Mind u u lot may experience the excitement of the lower leagues some day its proper football!

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2010, 13:00   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Premiership is all that matters jaysay - deluded! Mind u u lot may experience the excitement of the lower leagues some day its proper football!

Posted via Mobile Device
I tried proper football prior 63 decided then to set my sights higher
Old 07-02-2010, 14:31   #97
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wimbledon have a bigger catchment area than us; that's why they're currently averaging gates of 3-4,000 in the Blue Square Premier, while we're averaging just under 2,000 in the Football League. Tells its own story, really.

I'm quite happy STANDING on the Clayton End and hoping for Division 1!
Old 07-02-2010, 16:40   #98
God Member

Me too wynonie
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-02-2010, 09:45   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Wimbledon have a bigger catchment area than us; that's why they're currently averaging gates of 3-4,000 in the Blue Square Premier, while we're averaging just under 2,000 in the Football League. Tells its own story, really.

I'm quite happy STANDING on the Clayton End and hoping for Division 1!
That's the trouble with you Stanley fans no bloody ambition
Old 08-02-2010, 13:52   #100
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's the trouble with you Stanley fans no bloody ambition
I know, I know...only three promotions in the last ten years. Classic underachievers, eh?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 08-02-2010 at 13:56.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 15:17   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know, I know...only three promotions in the last ten years. Classic underachievers, eh?
Ya but that was the easy bit, now it gets harder, but you'll soon be looking to the Championship if you manage to make Div 1 next season which looks a distinct possibility at the moment
Old 08-02-2010, 18:07   #102
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ya but that was the easy bit
Not so easy, mate, that's why very few have done it and, I would venture to say, no one with the combination of small catchment area and local competition that we've got. That's what makes Coley one of the best managers in the country (but don't tell everyone ).

I'm just enjoying the moment and as ole Elton says I'M STILL STANDING!
Old 19-02-2010, 09:45   #103
Full Member+

Prices for Burnley v Rovers have been set at £35 adult, £25 seniors and £19 under 15. So a typical family of four is gonna set you back £108. Phew! Hope the game lives up to it. Just goes to show what a bargain my Stanley season ticket is at £140!
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 10:23   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Prices for Burnley v Rovers have been set at £35 adult, £25 seniors and £19 under 15. So a typical family of four is gonna set you back £108. Phew! Hope the game lives up to it. Just goes to show what a bargain my Stanley season ticket is at £140!
Ya but you don't get the same sights you get at a Rovers v Dingles match, you get to see the 6 fingered ones wrecking their own town when your on the way home and thats, as they say, is pricesless
Old 19-02-2010, 11:00   #105
Full Member+

Quote:
Ya but you don't get the same sights you get at a Rovers v Dingles match, you get to see the 6 fingered ones wrecking their own town when your on the way home and thats, as they say, is pricesless
I might have known you'd take the pragmatist view
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..