Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2012, 17:33   #1
JFT96

So near yet ..........

Never mind lads, after all winning is not everything, but losing is nothing.

I believe it's the first time in 17 years since Manky U have failed to even win a cup.

Still next years replica strip for all you plastic Manc's will be Blue and sponsored by Etihad.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2012, 17:48   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: So near yet ..........

The best bit was that City won the title in Fergie Time too, you couldn't make it up, all those plastics thinking they scooped another title then it was dragged out of their grasp and there was nothing old Red Nose could do about it, no use looking at his watch
Old 13-05-2012, 17:53   #3
God Member

Well at least we have maintainted our dignity..

BBC Sport - Manchester United boss Ferguson congratulates City on title win

Finished second on goal difference and 39 points ahead of Liverpool.. not a bad season by any stretch.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 17:53   #4

Being a City fan, i thought i was going to need paramedics by the end.
I'm sure they will be the death of me.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 18:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Being a City fan, i thought i was going to need paramedics by the end.
I'm sure they will be the death of me.
Congrats and well done making this an exciting end of season.. United and City finished 19 points ahead of the 3rd place team.. your home form won it (and the 6 points you nabbed off us)
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 21:23   #6

Cheers Mancie, close run season right down to the final whistle, just hope they can keep it up.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 09:38   #7
Resting in Peace

Anybody see the antics of that nut job Joey Barton, he's definitely not wired up right, will be lucky if he plays before Christmas next season, and even more lucky if Hughesy doesn't sack him, he's a liability
Old 14-05-2012, 09:59   #8
Resting in Peace

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/983811-post249.htmlTell you what there are some great mechanics living around Manchester
Old 14-05-2012, 11:57   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So now the dust has settled & it's all over bar the bitchin' & finger pointing, Manky U with nothing ? Most unusual, is this the start of a slow decline from the glory days of O.T. ?

I mean, ours was a poor season but at least we had 2 goes at stuff, but because of or recurring ineptitude we only got the one trophy. Think next season could be quite interesting.
Old 14-05-2012, 12:39   #10
Senior Member+

As a complete neutral, I'm not too concerned about bitching between the two sets of supporters.

What I would say is that it was without doubt one of the most amazing pieces of football theatre I've ever seen.

Unforgettable!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 14:06   #11

Interestingly, if City had won the Old Trafford derby by just 1 - 0 United would have won the league.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 16:52   #12
God Member

United still have a trophy to play for - they have the final of the Lancashire Cup against the mighty Stanley to have a go at & after finishing the season with no other silverware, who knows what team they might put out to make sure they win something - could be an interesting game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 18:04   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
United still have a trophy to play for - they have the final of the Lancashire Cup against the mighty Stanley to have a go at & after finishing the season with no other silverware, who knows what team they might put out to make sure they win something - could be an interesting game
Some how I don't think you'll be seeing Giggs Rooney Nani Ferdinand Scholes etc AccyMad
Old 14-05-2012, 18:14   #14
JFT96

Since when was Manchester part of Lancashire? I was under the impression it was in Greater Manchester. Typical Manc's...

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 18:18   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Interestingly, if City had won the Old Trafford derby by just 1 - 0 United would have won the league.
If mi Aunty had had balls she'd have been mi Uncle

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..