Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09   #1
Senior Member+

Squeaky Time

Certainly it has now become squeaky time for everyone - United now have to win 3 games and draw one, out of seven, a very tall order - assuming the NN don't drop any points.
Stanley need to get as many points as they can and it does look as though they are on a roll and heading for safety.
Liverpool trying desperately to qualify for Europe - the Europa League that is - or is the main aim to get above Everton. Where are the glory days gone when the scousers could be expected to be fighting for the title.
Finally, and it may well be terminal, the Deadwood Gang. Can they get out of the relegation zone or are they dooooomed and going down to the 1st Division and starting on the slippery slope to oblivion - perhaps an even greater humiliation is that Burnley are way above them - perhaps R.I.P. Deadwood
The next few weeks are going to be interesting
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2013, 09:50   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Squeaky Time

Barca v Real final will be good
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Barca v Real final will be good
How good will be the remaining Deadwood games?
Old 09-04-2013, 17:26   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
How good will be the remaining Deadwood games?
don't know, but they'll probably be better than watching a team only rely on own goals, imagine having to bring in acoustic experts because there's no matchday atmosphere, 75,000 plastic fans watching a plastic team of players bought from other clubs for millions of pounds
Old 10-04-2013, 08:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
don't know, but they'll probably be better than watching a team only rely on own goals, imagine having to bring in acoustic experts because there's no matchday atmosphere, 75,000 plastic fans watching a plastic team of players bought from other clubs for millions of pounds
But they are still top of the Premier League whilst your Deadwoods appear to be hell bent on trying to become League 1 champions next season
Old 10-04-2013, 08:58   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well lets be honest here, Wi the biggest ground in the country, the highest amount of plastics, there odds on to be top or very close, cos thats why all the plastics go yon.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:12   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well lets be honest here, Wi the biggest ground in the country, the highest amount of plastics, there odds on to be top or very close, cos thats why all the plastics go yon.
He who spends most wins most and attracts more glory hunters, real fans support their local clubs I'm luck I've got two
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 13:36   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
He who spends most wins most and attracts more glory hunters, real fans support their local clubs I'm luck I've got two
Check your facts Jay about who spends the most. It would appear that the Deadwoods don't have many fans according to their gates and the same goes for Stanley.
United have spent years in the wilderness but the support was always there - even when thay went into the 2nd Division they had crowds bigger than most 1st Division clubs and they certainly boosted the attendance at other clubs in the 2nd Division - whereas your teams just get lower and lower gates. Both you and Cashy should be able to see that, or is a trip to Specsavers needed by you both - By the way Jay, which are your two clubs this week?
Old 10-04-2013, 17:41   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Check your facts Jay about who spends the most. It would appear that the Deadwoods don't have many fans according to their gates and the same goes for Stanley.
United have spent years in the wilderness but the support was always there - even when thay went into the 2nd Division they had crowds bigger than most 1st Division clubs and they certainly boosted the attendance at other clubs in the 2nd Division - whereas your teams just get lower and lower gates. Both you and Cashy should be able to see that, or is a trip to Specsavers needed by you both - By the way Jay, which are your two clubs this week?
Rovers and Stanley, oh yes and a third anybody that's playing the plastics
Old 10-04-2013, 18:48   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's right, Barrie, we have about a thousand diehards, a team of honest journeymen occasionally complemented by a rising star on his way up or a fading star on his way down, a ground comprising cobbled-together sheds and portakabins and life's a constant struggle punctuated by the occasional triumph. Not a patch on your £150,000-a-week superstars, luxury executive stands and frequent title wins. But I'll tell you something - when I stand on the terraces supporting my LOCAL club in the town I grew up in, surrounded by local folk, many of whom I've known most of my life...I wouldn't swap places with you for owt!
AccyMad, cashman, jaysay and 4 others like this.
Old 10-04-2013, 21:21   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
That's right, Barrie, we have about a thousand diehards, a team of honest journeymen occasionally complemented by a rising star on his way up or a fading star on his way down, a ground comprising cobbled-together sheds and portakabins and life's a constant struggle punctuated by the occasional triumph. Not a patch on your £150,000-a-week superstars, luxury executive stands and frequent title wins. But I'll tell you something - when I stand on the terraces supporting my LOCAL club in the town I grew up in, surrounded by local folk, many of whom I've known most of my life...I wouldn't swap places with you for owt!
That concept is summat a glory hunter will never grasp.
Wynonie Harris and carpon like this.
Old 10-04-2013, 22:52   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Rovers and Stanley, oh yes and a third anybody that's playing the plastics
What happened to your previously declared support of the scousers, did that fade when they fell by the wayside? Start taking the pills again Jay - your memory is fading very quickly. However I must admit I appreciate your support for the opposition teams, I am sure that is the reason why we only need to win 3 more games
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
That's right, Barrie, we have about a thousand diehards, a team of honest journeymen occasionally complemented by a rising star on his way up or a fading star on his way down, a ground comprising cobbled-together sheds and portacabins and life's a constant struggle punctuated by the occasional triumph. Not a patch on your £150,000-a-week superstars, luxury executive stands and frequent title wins. But I'll tell you something - when I stand on the terraces supporting my LOCAL club in the town I grew up in, surrounded by local folk, many of whom I've known most of my life...I wouldn't swap places with you for out!
Think that's the answer to all plastic trophy hunting fans, It really sickens me when you hear people on Telly asked where they come from and what are their favourite pastimes is football, and they blurt out oh Norwich who do you support Manchester flaming United
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What happened to your previously declared support of the scousers, did that fade when they fell by the wayside? Start taking the pills again Jay - your memory is fading very quickly. However I must admit I appreciate your support for the opposition teams, I am sure that is the reason why we only need to win 3 more games
Get stuff, your a waste of space
Old 11-04-2013, 08:46   #15
Resting in Peace

Notice you haven't commented on Wyns post the truth hurts a plastic does it
carpon likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..